Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Make War Not Love - CA PROMO WEEKEND - 50% OFF Rome 2

Default Make War Not Love - CA PROMO WEEKEND - 50% OFF Rome 2

http://www.makewarnotlove.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214950/

CraigTW

Make War Not Love promotion - HELP US BEAT RELIC!
    Hi guys,

If you've been following along on Twitter (@totalwar), you'll have seen us going hammer and tongs against sister studio Relic, creators of Company of Heroes. Short story: we had a bit of "friendly" rivalry, played them at Counter-Strike and somehow lost. And we're looking to you guys to avenge us!

You can help us out this weekend by checking out the info below.

Let's GO!

---

SEGA presents the heavyweight bout they said could never happen as two giants of the strategy game genre throw it down for a dirty Valentine’s weekend battle exclusively on Steam! Relic’s Company of Heroes™ 2 and Creative Assembly’s Total War™: Rome II players will face off in the Make War Not Love promotion with the winning community earning their chosen game some brand-new free DLC for five days.

From 18:00GMT/10:00AM PST today battle will commence with each in-game victory earning points that will count towards a total tally. Players of both sides can keep track of who’s coming out on top atwww.makewarnotlove.com up until the contest reaches its climax on Monday 17th February at 18:00GMT/10:00 AM PST. Be sure to follow both sides on Twitter to get involved in all the pre-match trash talk, it’s gonna get messy. @companyheroes and @totalwar.

For added pleasure, each game will be on sale via Steam at 50% off for the duration of the promotion. So slip into something comfortable, flex those fingers and get down to business. Every player’s contribution counts.
    If the glory of Total War: Rome II prevails, the latest DLC unit pack, Beasts of War, will be made available for fans to pick for free via Steam for five days.

If Company of Heroes 2 lands the knockout blow, two new multiplayer Commanders will be free to download via Steam for five days.

“Company of Heroes? More like Company of ZEROES, am I right?” said Craig Laycock, Community Manager for Total War at a recent weigh-in. “Their dreams will fall apart like a poorly-maintained M4 Sherman, rusting at the seams, and it’ll be Total War players that confine them to the scrap heap.”

COH2 Community Manager, Jeffery Simpson responded in bullish fashion saying, “The only people dreaming here are the Total Bore team. Even a poorly maintained M4 Sherman would bust through the flimsy armour of a bunch of prissy Roman Legions. Doesn’t matter how many swords you bring to this gunfight, you’re going down.”

For more information regarding the Make War Not Love promotion, including full details on the scoring system and how to get involved, log on to www.makewarnotlove.com.
    PLEASE NOTE:
    Each time that you register a victory in a battle during gameplay, this shall be automatically registered in the number of winning battles for that Game. The following rules apply for Battle Victories to be recorded:

Rome II: Only player resolved battles in campaign mode will register a victory (ie. no
    auto-resolve victories will be recorded as a Battle Victory).

COH 2: Any battles (all game modes) where a victory is registered shall record a
    Battle Victory, including where the player is victorious against a CPU opponent.

There is no limit to the number of battles that you can participate in during the Promotion
    Period. Each battle victory which satisfies the above criteria will be registered as a winning
    Battle Victory for that Game.

Last edited by * Matolo Swazulu *; February 13, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Make War Not Love

I think we can all agree that the most talented guys at CA/SEGA are the marketing people.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

How to watch the matches? On that page I can only find links to the steam store.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
    How to watch the matches? On that page I can only find links to the steam store.
    What a surprise. Nice that the DLCs are still full priced. They should make an other battle. Who can create the most useless dlcs and or a consumer miliking contest. But i suppose they have such internal contests already.

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
    Each time that you register a victory in a battle during gameplay, this shall be automatically registered in the number of winning battles for that Game. The following rules apply for Battle Victories to be recorded:

Rome II: Only player resolved battles in campaign mode will register a victory (ie. no
    auto-resolve victories will be recorded as a Battle Victory).

COH 2: Any battles (all game modes) where a victory is registered shall record a
    Battle Victory, including where the player is victorious against a CPU opponent.

There is no limit to the number of battles that you can participate in during the Promotion
    Period. Each battle victory which satisfies the above criteria will be registered as a winning
    Battle Victory for that Game.
    we, the players, are the participants...

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    I think we can all agree that the most talented guys at CA/SEGA are the marketing people.
    I'd have to agree to an extent...!

Default Re: Make War Not Love - CA PROMO WEEKEND - 50% OFF Rome 2

have to check out the company of heroes2 part..thks for the heads up.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Wow, the battle of the century, two DLC ridden games published by SEGA that didn't live up to their hype go head to head in a sales war.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

hey thats a kind of funny event. not sure I got that much time at my hand to play all week?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Two franchises ruined by Sega battle it out against each other.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Tullaris View Post
    Two franchises ruined by Sega battle it out against each other.
    How was COH ruined? it was saved by SEGA, or else it would never see the light of day.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    How was COH ruined? it was saved by SEGA, or else it would never see the light of day.
    Id rather it have died an honorable death than see i turned into the that it was by sega

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote of the year at CA!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Wait, so I can go on Rome 2 and every battle I win in campaign mode counts. Right? Right?
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Hahaha
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

CoH2 is a weird and goofy game, and while I've gotten my $30 out of it from playing a lot of botstomp games with friends, I'd hate to try playing competitive PvP in it. Balance is completely off the wall, even without the issue of DLC like elite troops and Tiger Ace. So if you're looking for a SP experience, you could do worse. As far as price goes, though, you can probably do better unless you're in a rush to pick it up now.

Is Rome II worth picking up at $30? I've gotten my money's worth out of every TW title ever made, pretty much (Napoleon might be an exception, because it's the only one I've paid full retail for since Medieval 2), so the question is, can I expect to get 30 hours out of the game as it stands? I'm aware it's no EB or RS, but all I really want is some next-gen graphics Romans chucking pilums in a playable, and hopefully enjoyable, campaign mode.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Discontent Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by * Matolo Swazulu * View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this

winner receives free content? what a load of ****ing horse****.

Oh hey maybe if r2tw wins then we will get flying snake pot hammered dog**** dlc for free. What a joke.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

I hope Rome II doesn't win, because I don't want the ed up beehive DLC, if they give it for free I'll have to look for a mod to undo that nossens, because otherwise the AI can use it....

so far the "free content" is free but barely have any "content" on it O__o yup renamed and re-coloured units ISN'T NEW CONTENT.........
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast