Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EURO 2008

Default EURO 2008

Yes, I am being adventurous and will start a EURO 2008 thread while still in the qualifying phases and with the finals being still nearly 2 years away. This thread is also designed to prevent people from making individual threads for each of the qualifying matches.

Will this thread survive the test time and be there when the finals start? Will I still be around? Will you be around?

Now then, there are a number of games being played this Saturday, including Italy vs. Ukraine. Will Ukraine get it's revenge against Italy like the French did? Or will Italy finally start playing some real football/soccer again? Only one way to find out!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: EURO 2008

I'm just coming from the sofa after watching the game vs Spain.
    It was a outstanding performance.
    When Spain could've a goal, we counterattacked and scored 2-0.
    Needed a good game after two bad vs Germany. This I couldn't imagine, and also what is great, is Northern Ireland tied Denmark.
    The best start we could have in the group

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Civitate

Scotland 1 - 0 France!
    Scotland currently top thier group with 9 points, 3 points ahead of France and 5 points ahead of Italy (haha HG).
    GO SCOTLAND!
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

I don't know if the game is over yet, but right now it's Italy 2-0 Ukraine.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory
    I don't know if the game is over yet, but right now it's Italy 2-0 Ukraine.
    Yes, the game is over, Italy won 2-0, 'bout time they won, eh? Anyway, looks like my team sit comfortably on top of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Yes, the game is over, Italy won 2-0, 'bout time they won, eh? Anyway, looks like my team sit comfortably on top of the table.
    Looks like Italy is slowly starting to play again.

I don't think "comfortably" is be the appropriate word. I reckoned it was going to be a tough match, quite even, but Scotland was incredibly weak, scoring on their only occasion. Your players got some advice on how to play from the Andorrans?
    I hope for your team that their luck won't run out too fast. Because they'll need a lot of it to qualify.
    "... the first design of speech was to persuade others; either to give credit to what the speaking person would have them believe; or else to act or suffer such things, as he would compel them to act or suffer, if they are entirely in his power." Mandeville (1670-1733)

Under the Patronage of MareNostrum

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    I'm just coming from the sofa after watching the game vs Spain.
    It was a outstanding performance.
    When Spain could've a goal, we counterattacked and scored 2-0.
    Needed a good game after two bad vs Germany. This I couldn't imagine, and also what is great, is Northern Ireland tied Denmark.
    The best start we could have in the group
    Man I'm so disapointed, we have to get rid of "El Sabio de Hortaleza", the coach (it's like he's called).If we continue like this we won't even finish second in the group.And congratulations to the Swedish.

Sammur-amat's Avatar Ordinarius

Shaun plz wait 28/03/07 for celebration.... if we giv' you any reason for it....
    ps France?...
    ... Are You Shpongled?
    member of S.I.N.

Wow, Scotland defeated France. :hmmm:

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Scotland 1 - 0 France!
    Scotland currently top thier group with 9 points, 3 points ahead of France and 5 points ahead of Italy (haha HG).
    GO SCOTLAND!
    *Decides to change mtwII plan from 'ally with Scotland' to 'completely destroy Scotland' as an Italian faction (Probably Venice)
    :original:

Seriously though, Scotland won't stay there for long. Soon they'll be losing matches just like usual

Also:
    Forza Azzurri

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

Scotland 1 - 0 France!
    GO SCOTLAND!
    I was at the game!!! the sound when caldwell of all people put the ball in the back of the net like nothing else on this earth man. My nerves were all but gone in the first half got to hand it to the french the play some nice football, they just seem to glide everywhere.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

good result for scotland everyone else of the homenations had abad day at the office
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by God
    *Decides to change mtwII plan from 'ally with Scotland' to 'completely destroy Scotland' as an Italian faction (Probably Venice)
    :original:

Seriously though, Scotland won't stay there for long. Soon they'll be losing matches just like usual

Also:
    Forza Azzurri

Italy dont exactly have a very good record, the world cup must have been thier longest sinning streak in recent times, and if you cant beat Lithuania, then why can you beat?

And just found out the England and Wales failed to win, the day gets better and better!

I don't think "comfortably" is be the appropriate word. I reckoned it was going to be a tough match, quite even, but Scotland was incredibly weak, scoring on their only occasion. Your players got some advice on how to play from the Andorrans?
    I hope for your team that their luck won't run out too fast. Because they'll need a lot of it to qualify.
    Comfortably is an appropriate word actually, 3 points ahead in 3 games. thats full points compared to Frances 66% win rate!
    And does it matter how a team plays? Its goals that count, if the better team plays inredibiliy weak then it dosent matter at all, we won.
    And France will need even more luck than Scotland taking into consideration that they are below Scotland in the group!
    Last edited by Shaun; October 07, 2006 at 07:43 PM.

Italy is always slow to start.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory
    Italy is always slow to start.
    In this case very slow, and dont even look like starting in the first place.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Pelayo
    Man I'm so disapointed, we have to get rid of "El Sabio de Hortaleza", the coach (it's like he's called).If we continue like this we won't even finish second in the group.And congratulations to the Swedish.
    He wanted to quit two times after WC.
    This time its for real?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

In this case very slow, and dont even look like starting in the first place.
    They ran out of gas because of the World Cup.

But then again, it has to be seen how they'll perform throughout qualifying.

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Greece - Norway 1-0. Game postponed for 45 mins due to heavy rain, terrible playing conditions. Even match, not to many chances, Norway had the most, Greece the two best. Goal came in the first half, and was the highlight of the not to entertaining game, a overhead kick from a Greek strike on a cross, goalie had no chance, pure poetry.

England- FYROM (Macedonia) 0-0. England the better team but unable to score a goal against a not very good opponement, not good enough England, not good enough at all.
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

And does it matter how a team plays? Its goals that count, if the better team plays inredibiliy weak then it dosent matter at all, we won.
    And France will need even more luck than Scotland taking into consideration that they are below Scotland in the group!
    To me, it does. Give the Italians half as many occasions to score as France got yesterday and your poor goalie will get tired of retrieving the ball from the back of his net.
    A team can't seriously hope to qualify by playing such a weak football, especially when the road is that long. I look forward to seeing the result against Italy. Then we'll see whether they really had a horrific day or if their standard of play definitely isn't up to the challenge.
    "... the first design of speech was to persuade others; either to give credit to what the speaking person would have them believe; or else to act or suffer such things, as he would compel them to act or suffer, if they are entirely in his power." Mandeville (1670-1733)

Under the Patronage of MareNostrum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast