Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.1.4 Released!

Default Re: Patch 5.1.4 Released!

Honestly whenever I attack them they seem to face the wrong way and not create trenches.

Hello all

It's my first post here although i've been reading these forums for quite a while

This mods looks awesome! i'll install it shortly as i can't wait to play it.

When i download the mod. Do i need to download and install the previous updates before i install this new version?

Sorry about the questions? i'm not good at computers, i like playing with them, but they don't seem to like me...

I'm sure i'll be back with more questions

Thanks and regards

no, just install 5.0 and 5.1.4 over that.

Quote Originally Posted by crusader50 View Post
    man in which difficulty you play the game ? the AI attacks on tight formation only when attacking to you ,when you attack to AI he use the same defencive method with you just take cover behind trenches and wait for your army to attack
    Yes, they attack in tight formation, when it is the most useless. It would be considerably less useless if they used loose formation while attacking. But the AI is far too easy to provoke into attack, and once it attacks, it loses.
    A message to CA:

Either care about history or improve modding support.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Vasilyevich Suvorov View Post
    Yes, they attack in tight formation, when it is the most useless. It would be considerably less useless if they used loose formation while attacking. But the AI is far too easy to provoke into attack, and once it attacks, it loses.
    word. I wish someone would teach me the basics of modding the TW ai, Id love to get on that...

also, your signature? TW has never been about realism. a realistic war game would be unplayable, no matter the period. which would be the case for most things. its all about concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by twcforums View Post
    no, just install 5.0 and 5.1.4 over that.
    Thanks!

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Hi!

I have three questions.

1 Why is not the Hungarian Defence Forces?
    2 Moldavia why the Russians are holding?
    3 Why cost of this unit will pop up in the first turn?

The mod is very good, good luck to the ships.

Updated the new mod from 5.1.2 but have ran into some issues. I've only played one battle which froze on me and I've realized I don't have patch6.pack and patch7.pack, does anybody have any DL links for me please? Because I can't find any anywhere.

a realistic war game would be unplayable, no matter the period. which would be the case for most things. its all about concessions.
    Maybe. We don't know. But simplification and abstraction does not involve adding completely fictitious units and changing one mechanic for another of equal complexity. How are Roman exploding shells "simplified", or a "concession"?
    A message to CA:

well, while Id say the pyjama ninjas and the explosive shells are still concessions to gameplay value in so far as they might improve the fun factor through variety or be there for balancing reasons - I kinda agree with you in so far that these, unlike most unrealistic things, are not necessary for the game to be enjoyable...
    really though, I personally would kinda be on the side of saying, well let them be in there, since the game wont be realistic anyway. so let it be varied and fun... but its a matter of weighing one against the other that can go either way.

well, while Id say the pyjama ninjas and the explosive shells are still concessions to gameplay value in so far as they might improve the fun factor through variety or be there for balancing reasons - I kinda agree with you in so far that these, unlike most unrealistic things, are not necessary for the game to be enjoyable...
    really though, I personally would kinda be on the side of saying, well let them be in there, since the game wont be realistic anyway. so let it be varied and fun... but its a matter of weighing one against the other that can go either way.
    It's not fun to be able to rout whole units of foes with exploding shells in the classical age. It unbalances the game, and makes it look stupid. Battles should be settled in a decisive close combat, not during the approach with heavy artillery. I really don't think "balancing" justifies them at all. If people want them, mod them in. Or have an option "Fantasy units on/off".

If you are going to venture into the realms of utter fantasy, add some Roman ninja for "variety". Oh, wait, they did, in Rome 1. Or they could just add India and therefore introduce a huge amount of variety not based on fiction. If I wanted fantasy, I'd play Third Age Total War.
    A message to CA:

i downloaded the mod and all the updates yesterday.

I started a campaign and i have to say that the mod looks great so far! don't abandon it guys. keep updating it as long as it's possible, please

I still have to actually play as i just had a quick look at my first 3 turns of the campaign.

Easy to download and install. just red the "read me" first and that's all

Thanks!

Does anyone know if CA would consider to make a new Total War based on WWI?

Seeing what an awesome job people have done with this mod i think that a WWI game would be just incredibly enjoyable. Of course after several patches and some mods

Since during the next 4 years will live the centenary of WWI it would be the perfect excuse. highly unlike though (i think)

Just a thought...

Regards

I doubt CA would ever make a WW1 game. Tactics changed from large units of line infantry to small squads of relatively light infantry. Formations ceased to matter; cover began to matter much more. Spotting would have to improve massively, and artillery would have to fire from off the map and have range far greater than anything seen before. Essentially, it would be a task so massive that CA would not undertake it, since they would be forced to rush it out before it was ready, like Rome 2, and the Total War game style does not really suit the more tactical style of warfare.
    A message to CA:

Well the early to mid war it did. It's only during 1918 that the front actually did anything and that the small squads started to matter. It would be new and different and could definitely be done.

Aleksandr. I agree with you that the WWI perhaps does not suit the tactical warfare that CA has done in their games so far. But i think it could be done, with some limitation maybe, but i could be done (i think) i think the artillery would not be a major problem if it's off map. Since it could be called by an artillery spotter. About the scale of units and infantry i think it could be done as well, although i think CA would not be willing to undertake such a project

It's just an idea. since there're thousands of WWII games and although i like WWII history, i find WW1 much more interesting and i've always wondered why nobody has ever made a good game about it. with the right ideas and people a WWI video game would be well received for loads of people.

Again, just an idea of a "dreamer" like i said before. We'll be living the centenary of the WW1 so i think it would be the right time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReject View Post
    Well the early to mid war it did. It's only during 1918 that the front actually did anything and that the small squads started to matter. It would be new and different and could definitely be done.
    The front was only deadlocked in the west. In the east and Balkans, there was far more movement. Even in the west, small squads performed trench raids and most other combat. "Big pushes" were fairly thin lines of infantry spread as in the "loose formation" mode available now. Units would have to be far smaller and more numerous. Even at the start of the war, tight formations were obsolete, and it did not take long for armies to realise that.
    A message to CA:

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by aitor47 View Post
    Aleksandr. I agree with you that the WWI perhaps does not suit the tactical warfare that CA has done in their games so far. But i think it could be done, with some limitation maybe, but i could be done (i think) i think the artillery would not be a major problem if it's off map. Since it could be called by an artillery spotter. About the scale of units and infantry i think it could be done as well, although i think CA would not be willing to undertake such a project

It's just an idea. since there're thousands of WWII games and although i like WWII history, i find WW1 much more interesting and i've always wondered why nobody has ever made a good game about it. with the right ideas and people a WWI video game would be well received for loads of people.

Again, just an idea of a "dreamer" like i said before. We'll be living the centenary of the WW1 so i think it would be the right time for it.

It would be nice to have a Total War on WW1.

According to me they can do it, of course, add new style on Total War.

Then later he would point to WW2 Total War in the future.

Yeah but in the other fronts they still used large infantry formations until late war. Also we do have Trench Gunners or whatever. If you ask me though, Eugen should do it like with Wargame and RUSE.

I suspect this is going to sound a bit dim, but nevermind.

I've recently downloaded the new 5.1.4 patch and have received the 5.1.4.rar file. What do I now do with that?

I downloaded the full mod using the manual installation method rather than through the launcher as I couldn't get it to work properly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast