Thread: 5.1.4 and Submods, How to get the best Experience?

Default 5.1.4 and Submods, How to get the best Experience?

Hello all!

I recently had to replace my hard drive, and naturally one of the first things I put back on my new and improved rig was NTW and this mod. I also delved into a couple of the submods as well, to see how they would impact my experience. This is not a tech support thread, just a discussion regarding what everyone feels is the best balance between the mod and its submods, and how to optimize the player's experience.

My install order went like this, overwriting any conflicting files with the newer file each time.
    >TGW 5.0
    >5.1.4 Patch
    >Zera's Sound Mod
    >B-Dizzle's Mini Mod
    >Bran Mac Born's CAI Mod

The real wrinkle is that each of the three submods has their own DB.pack file. Overwriting them one after the other erases a few of the sounds from Zera's. I would rather have the challenging AI and the more balanced economy to make the mod more fun to play, but the atmosphere from the period music was fun too.

I just thought I would canvas the community and see how everyone approaches this problem. Cheers!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: 5.1.4 and Submods, How to get the best Experience?

I think my mini mod should be left out, im not sure i got it all working right with 5.1.4 and the other sub mods. While i was updating it, it kind of morphed into 5.2 (or was absorbed by it).

Other than that it looks like a good list to me