Thread: Different type of rebels ? realistic rebels thread

Icon4 Different type of rebels ? realistic rebels thread

First time thread here for Magnar mod , so be nice lol

This struck me the other day when i was playing Carthage

so Rome took away a city of mine a few years ago , they being the terrible ruler that they are made a revolt due to unrest recently and caused a rebel army to spawn , now to my understanding the vanilla game does not classify different type of rebellions (their all slave rebellion) ?

if so

would it not be fun to have 2 type of rebels ? and how would it make it fun

1) the type where the residents want to rejoin the old faction due to unrest

2) your good old rebel uprising

what they should do in game (probably by script)

type 1) these rebel armies should start out with more units (perhaps even with a few non peasant military units with a few experience , representing former vets ) than the slave armies but grows slower by recruit process , and they should "starve" (from what i gather rebel armies starve after a few turns without a settlement , not sure how this is triggered yet ) a lot Later compared to a slave rebel army as the pp support them better

and Once they taken a former city back , they should auto surrender once the former owner nation attacks that city (just make auto resolve way easier would do if a surrender script is too difficult in this point of time ?) , make sense ?

another thought is a script that auto turns that rebel city next turn into the former nations controlled city (kinda like how new faction raises script the game uses ?)

type 2) slave rebel armies are triggered when a 100% revolt is occurred (but region must have a high slave ratio for that to occur or it would just be a normal type 1 revolt) , they start out small and the units they recruit are lower quality , but grow very quickly by turn after turn , but they also starve out sooner as the pp may not support them , so it forces them to capture a city asap , and obviously they bow to no one unlike type 1 rebels , until they get beaten again of course XD

pros for these ideas is that it stops rebel hordes just building up with a poor AI turn around or player actively trying to exploit AI not defending thier cities from agents , its not fun seeing half of Carthage just turn rebel and they cant take it back themselves and the player just peace meals the rebel cities 1 by 1 , and also helps AI to take their former lands easier (hence also making them more survivable ?)

What do you guys think ?
    Last edited by whitewolfmxc; May 21, 2014 at 05:41 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Different type of rebels ? realistic rebels thread

Not sure how possible it is, but can explore it once we get a scripter on the team again.