Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modding Guide for Novices

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Default Re: Modding Guide for Novices

added crzryrndms modding resources! Also we are now able to mod music for quiet a while! --> http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Wwise_-_Audio_Modding

The tutorial for the music editing is still due, stay tuned!

Next project will be: SCRIPTING! SCRIPTING! SCRIPTING! Help us to make scripting a more prominent topic and improve the knowledge of the community!

Whuup added another legendary modding resource! I didn't know about this since the modding guide for novices just got added there --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-amp-Resources

Completely overhauled the guide with the current state of my knowledge and the current state of modding for Rome II (e.g. music modding and so on).

First I must give you the kudos maximums! This is the clearest and most concise introductory tutorial I have ever seen on any TW forum for any of the TW games!!!! I wish I could give you more than 1 +Rep.

It took me a while to learn how to mod (basics) on NTW, but it is child's play compared to RTW2. RTW2 seems unnecessarily complicated but we have to deal with it. I have a million questions, but I don't want to make anyone crazy asking them. Your comment about time is so right.

My best contributions regarding RTW2 would be history and I have done the research and supplied the write ups for two different RTW2 modders on Steam.

My ambitions are small (from my perspective) regarding modding RTW2; I want to create Roman Marines (historically accurate) as well as Roman Port Guard Marines (not historically accurate). CA has given us various Greek Marines but has missed a significant part of history once again as it relates to the Romans.

I tried to use your template but every time I attempt to change the names from Seb_flax it deletes the whole section such as main_units_table. What am I doing wrong?

Below is a portion of what I wrote for one of the modders who is no longer with us. His mods are still on Steam but not updated so they won't run unfortunately.

The Romans classified a fleet soldier (classis milites) separately from armed sailors (nautae armati). The training, duties and armament and uniforms of these two separate classifications was also different. So when we refer to a Roman Marine we are not simply talking about a sailor with weapons, but rather a soldier of the fleet. Roman Marines were trained in both land and sea warfare whereas Roman army legionaries were typically trained in land warfare only. Roman Marines were trained in Legionary tactics to take those highly successful tactics to sea battles and they were also specifically trained in naval warfare from repelling boarders to special boarding parties as well as archery. Most often equipped with brass or bronze helmets and bronze muscle cuirass or Greek style layer laminate since iron armor did not hold up well in salt water environments and the cuirass was much easier to remove if a Marine fell overboard. This a portion of my writes ups for the Pax Romana Series by Akuru. Ordoprinceps.

Alec, are there any modders you know who might be able to assist me with this quest? Again +Rep for your in depth tutorial.
    Last edited by ordoprinceps; January 17, 2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Hello Hetairos,

I want to ask if you if you have knowledge of decompiling the new luac format that rome/atilla uses.

Kind regards
    T

No need for this anymore.
    Last edited by OpusDei; June 09, 2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Solved

Can anyone show me how to change the animations of Roman sword infantry? Currently they march at the ready (hunched forward, shields up, swords at the ready) even though the enemy is not near. In the Vanilla game roman troops would only march at the ready when the enemy is close enough to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetairos View Post
    Next project will be: SCRIPTING! SCRIPTING! SCRIPTING! Help us to make scripting a more prominent topic and improve the knowledge of the community!
    I want to get into scripting, but can't find a beginners scripting tutorial. Any hints?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12