View Poll Results: Should the world be boycotting Sweden?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Shame on them.

5 29.41%
  • No. They deserve a second chance. No matter how racist they are.

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Afrophobic hate crimes on the rise in Sweden

Default Afrophobic hate crimes on the rise in Sweden

Hate crimes directed against Sweden's black population have increased in recent years, according to a report published on Monday, prompting grave concern from Sweden's integration minister.

Afrophobia, defined as hostility towards people with a background from sub-Saharan Africa, is soaring in Sweden, according to the researchers who compiled the government-commissioned report. They wrote on Monday in the opinion pages of the Dagens Nyheter newspaper (DN) that it was time society took these statistics seriously.

Between 2008 and 2012, the number of reported hate crimes against Afro-Swedes, defined as anyone with African heritage living in Sweden, rose by 24 percent, while hate crimes in general during the same period decreased by six percent. Between 2011 and 2012 alone, the number of Afrophobic hate crimes rose by 17 percent, the researchers explained.

A prominent and recent example includes that of a 32-year-old Ghanian man who was attacked with his toddler son on a bridge in Malmö. The unprovoked incident was labelled a hate crime because the attackers used racial slurs as they dangled the man over the bridge.

Sweden's African community is also discriminated against when it comes to housing and employment opportunities, the researchers noted.
    source: http://www.thelocal.se/20140203/afro...rise-in-sweden

Victim of recent racist attack in Malmö, Sweden:

what is wrong with these nasty swedes? Horrible acts of racial discrimination becoming a normal thing in this country. Neo-Nazi groups also becoming very active with public attacks on tourists and visitors. What next? Anti-jewish protests? Ghetto camps in Stockholm?

p.s.: been a fan of their ice hockey team. No way I will support these racist pricks on Olympics
    Last edited by Vilkas09; February 10, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

Default Re: Afrophobic hate crimes on the rise in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkas09 View Post
    p.s.: been a fan of their ice hockey team. No way I will support these racist pricks on Olympics
    Wait, are you saying that the Sedin twins are behind these attacks? Interesting.....
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Leave Sweden to the Swedish. In the same fashion, people should also boycot Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, U.S.A. and whoever else with such history. And I don't see that happening.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Their violent crime rate is still lower than average in the rest of Europe, what's shocking is the sudden increase.
    In Sweden there is on average is 1 murder a year per 100,000, in Europe the average is 3.5, and 3.5 is pretty low when considering the world average which is: 6.9.
    So yeah, it's something to be concerned about, but it's not really a massive deal.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

It may be worth mentioning that the attackers belong the Khodr clan which is closely related to the Al-Zein Clan.

Khodr and Al-Zein are not exactly traditional Swedish family names and so far we have no famous hockey players with Kurdish or Lebanese last names so the OP can safely support the Swedish national hockey team.

We have massive integration issues in Sweden. But these are mainly caused by an utterly retarded integration policy which create lawless areas where organized criminals such as the Khodr clan can operate freely. Sadly our retarded media also label any attemps of solving the issue as "racist" as they got some horrible prejudicies against immigrants and treat any police actions against organized crime as a racially motivated attack on immigrants.
    Last edited by Adar; February 10, 2014 at 08:00 AM.

what is wrong with these nasty swedes? Horrible acts of racial discrimination becoming a normal thing in this country. Neo-Nazi groups also becoming very active with public attacks on tourists and visitors. What next? Anti-jewish protests? Ghetto camps in Stockholm?

The attackers were of Middle Eastern origin.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    Were the attackers Middle Easterners in every instance of attacks on people of African descent in Sweden, though? I think not.

In any case, I came into this article, thinking that this was going to be about violence against African blacks perceived as Muslims, because of the high rate of rape committed by Muslims against their preferred target of indigenous white (and usually blonde-haired) Swedish women. Then I read that it was a Ghanian man with his toddler, and thought WTF? That doesn't fit the modus operandi of your usual hate crime directed at Muslims for outrage about national rape rates. Whoever did this were complete s; you don't attack a man when he's walking around with his toddler. That's just loathsome cowardice; it's a good thing they didn't attack his kid as well. That would have made my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    It may be worth mentioning that the attackers belong the Khodr clan which is closely related to the Al-Zein Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    any evidence that they are non-Swedish?

They look very swedish to me:

http://www.thelocal.se/20131217/teen...iolence-attack

Peter Mang - the Malmo butcher who responsible for racist attacks:

doesnt look like arab to me

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Nice parody thread.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Were the attackers Middle Easterners in every instance of attacks on people of African descent in Sweden, though? I think not.
    I would say that racism from ethnic Swedes is mainly directed toward people from the Balkans and Middle East. Africans were until recently rare in Swedish society and most of them were well educated political refugees so it wasn't until Somalis started to arrive in the 00s that people had much negative exposure to people from Sub-Saharan Africa.

I've noted that racists on Flashback (my only exposure to racists as the forum is interesting but very liberal when it comes to moderation) got a negative attitude to blacks. But even those people seem to have much less of a personal issue with blacks than with middle eastern people. Personally I didn't even realize that racism against black people was a worldwide issue until my mid teens.

any evidence that they are non-Swedish?

They look very swedish to me:

http://www.thelocal.se/20131217/teen...iolence-attack

Peter Mang - the Malmo butcher who responsible for racist attacks:

doesnt look like arab to me
    Peter Mangs is not 10 people who threw someone from a bridge and googling "Peter Mangs + Offer" suggest that the victims were Middle Eastern (or Swedish redhead) rather than black.
    Last edited by Adar; February 10, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

In light of the information provided by posters who actually know how to conduct research, shouldn't the OP be edited? As of now, it reads like a generalizing, (ironically) racist attack on Swedes. Or an attempt at trolling. Hm, maybe it's the latter.

Venomousmonkey's Avatar Civis

To the OP, boycotting a country would play right into the hands of people who are stirring up distrust against outsiders/foreigners whether inside or outside the country. So while sounding nice, sadly doesn't help the situation.

If there is a spike in such activity there is usually a reason. It is not because of the nature of the Swedish people, ( athanaric has a valid point). It is because of far-right activity, a populist politician or media scare stories, or similar. Do we know if any of these factors come into play?
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well first of all, the guy and his son that was attacked at a bridge in Malmö. He was not attacked by native swedes. He lives in a part called Kroksbäck which is immigrant heavy. He was apperently attacked by a group of 7-10 people, you will not find that many swedes daring to go into the part of town at that hour let alone causing trouble. He stated that he knew who had attacked him and that they were from the area so the attackers were immigrants as well which is not surprising as there is alot of racial tension amongst the immigrant groups.
    And calling Mangs a butcher is a bit too much. Yeah he wanted to kill more people(he only killed 1) but he is small fries compared to the criminal elements we have in Malmö, mostly arabic gangs and eastern europeans.
    A bit like Adar said, problem against blacks has never really been that much of an issue until the somalians started to show up in numbers and as most immigrants they got no support or effort in trying to integrate them into society, ended up in the ghettos and well trouble start when that happens and they ended up being the "face" of the black immigrants.

The main problem in Sweden is that we can't have a discussion about this. Any attempt to have a serious discussion about this is shut down and people are pulling the racist card left and right to the point where racism has lost all meaning here.
    And we need to have this discussion, people want to have this discussion because the problems will not go away by themselves no matter how much they ignore it but our politicians either don't care since they are not affected by any of this since they live in parts where there are no immigrants at all or they are simply too scared to talk about it because they have shut down the debate for so long that no one wants to dare start it up.

Probably should have thought a bit about that before starting large scale immigration

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    If there is a spike in such activity there is usually a reason. It is not because of the nature of the Swedish people, ( athanaric has a valid point). It is because of far-right activity, a populist politician or media scare stories, or similar. Do we know if any of these factors come into play?
    Or other third world immigrants as it's this case and apparently many more. That's what happens when you decide it's perfectly ok to have lawless ghettos in your country in the name of tolerance, you have your own little third world hellhole neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Or other third world immigrants as it's this case and apparently many more. That's what happens when you decide it's perfectly ok to have lawless ghettos in your country in the name of tolerance, you have your own little third world hellhole neighbourhood.
    Racist bollocks. I think most decent Swedes wouldn't fall for such nonsense in order to excuse such behaviour.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Indefinitely Banned

Sweden is not a racist country.This happens when you get large scale invasions into a country by foreigners.Some of the natives get annoyed.Multiculturalism is a failure like the EU nanny state.
    The Euro is a failure too.I say we protect our borders like Australia or the USA.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Racist bollocks like integrating immigrants into the rest of society? Maybe Europe should look to the United States to see how to handle mass immigration. During the bigger immigration waves there is tension and fear of being overtaken by the immigrants, but they always integrate into society and simply become 'American'.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Racist bollocks. I think most decent Swedes wouldn't fall for such nonsense in order to excuse such behaviour.
    That's however what Adar and God Emperor of Mankind are reporting. The latter is from Malmo. I wonder if he'd be happy to move to the Rosengaard or Kroksbäck neighbourhoods or even have a simple walk there.
    It's either all of us are racist or someone else is in denial.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; February 11, 2014 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast