Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

What is the purpose of "battle_models_long_LOD" and "battle_models_short_LOD" in the bugfix compilation?
    What effect do those files to modifying the battle_models file itself?

Are the Novogrod Home Guard meant to have pikes or spears? Because the picture on their unit card shows them with pikes. And is it normal for Berdiche Militia in Novograd and Kiev to be unrecruitable once upgrading the barracks to a "militia drill square" and so on.

@Marius:
    long LOD makes models keep details on for longer distances, the short LOD is the normal M2TW settings

@LeatherGloves:
    probably a bug will check it when i get time

I don't think the Lithuania archers and lettish crossbow men look like what they are supposed to when they have armor upgrades.

There is no building which I can find where you can recruit Burgher Pikemen as the Holy Roman Empire. The unit is in their roster and the unit is not a regional unit. Is this a bug or am I not looking hard enough? This is the same for both "Disable RR,Aor" on and off.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    @Marius:
    long LOD makes models keep details on for longer distances, the short LOD is the normal M2TW settings
    So which one do I modify?
    All of them?

battle_models.modeldb = battle_models_long_LOD.modeldb

the 1st is the one used by the game, the second is just a backup

When will be released SS6.4 Bugfix Compilation V1.27???

After I put this bug-fixer, I tried to run the game. When the window opens, instantly closes. Help me, please.

DISREGARD, TURNS OUT I NEED TO PATCH TO SS6.4 TO SUCCESSFULLY RUN SS6.4!
    Last edited by coinich; March 18, 2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: im an idiot

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I wonder if anyone could point me to the precise fix for "english archers ctd" that I have heard the bugfix compilation fixes. I read that it is battle model related, yet I have also read that the fix is in addendum 1, which does not contain any related file that I can see.

Thanks.

EDIT. OK I found there is an older addendum 1, but would still like to know which bit of code to alter manually as I cant add the whole file.

OK after further reading, is this just a fix for something the bugfix introduced?
    Last edited by Byg; March 19, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Yeah the english archers CTD was apparently caused by an older version of the Bugfix Compilation, i never took the time to confirm it wasnt present in bare SS6.4 but is unlikely.

BTW people i need someone else to take the head of this project, any volunteers? (experienced modders only please)
    I probably still be able to contribute with some fixes here and there but i dont have the time to keep managing this.

v1.27 should be available for next week, after that i'm done handling this, sorry but RL is getting in the way.

Always appreciated and loved the high quality of work that came from this bug fix completion, it made an already great mod 100x greater. Shame we wont be seeing anything more produced from Melooo182 but I guess you can't ignore the more important issues in life.

Yeah I always liked the stuff that Mellooo made. Shame to hear that Mellooo won't be continuing this bug fix completion.

The additional notes section of the bugfix post on page 1 states "This probably won't work with Meneth's Submod Compilation.
    Working on a compatible version of MSC"

I just started a clean install, is this still true? I was hoping to play MSC but obviously don't want any game-breaking bugs.

Note: The reason I am doing the clean install is because though 6.4 ran fine with your bugfix, after I tried to add MSC I could not launch a campaign, the 'start' button would not launch a new campaign.

MSC is not compatible, i started working on compatible versions of the submods included in MSC but didn't continue :/ it's all stalled for now.

Thanks for the kind words guys

BTW
    @LeatherGloves12: berdiche militia is only available till ~1300 with militia square or better, city watch can still produce them up till the invention of full plate armour.
    this is normal with Real Recruitment, many units are like that.

lithuanian archers seem fine to me, lettish crossbowmen's light bringandine does kinda look like it has some normal map mismatch. I'll check it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan15875 View Post
    There is no building which I can find where you can recruit Burgher Pikemen as the Holy Roman Empire. The unit is in their roster and the unit is not a regional unit. Is this a bug or am I not looking hard enough? This is the same for both "Disable RR,Aor" on and off.
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, in the EDB Burgher Pikemen are only for the Teutonic Order, however in the EDU they are owned by the TO and HRE, hence why it shows in for custom battles.

I'd like to thank Meloo for making such a good job of compiling these bug fixes.

I'm hopeful that once the 1.27 version has been released we'll only need a few hotfixes to cover any other bugs that might still be lurking.

(I won't volunteer to do any further versions of the bug fix compilation myself, I've never got on with mod managers and the various submod options.
    And I've no idea how to do a installer either.)

I'll happily compile any hotfixes that people come up with but that's only for fixing actual bugs not changing the game or adding submods etc.

v1.27 is up guys

let me know if there is any issue

For the planed extras additional content, I'm afraid they might not be done for plain SS...but they will be available for Titanium if already not included

Fred Putz's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey Melooo - good work,
    downloaded and compared with the old files - because of possible translation work and that small submod im working on. In the early campaign_script i saw:

Code:
        if I_IsFactionAIControlled mongols
        and I_EventCounter mongols_invasion > 0
        and I_FactionLeaderAttribute teutonic_order Command < 999
        and I_NumberOfHeirs mongols < 4
        and I_CompareCounter heir_mongols < 3
    Donīt know if the teutonic_order thing will cause issues...
    German Translation for Stainless Steel
    6.2 RR/RC; 6.3, 6.4
    Projects / Submods
    Alternative AI-Economy (money script) StSt 6.2 RR/RC; StSt 6.3, 6.4; TATW; CoW; Resource for Your Mod
    Alternative Recruitment StSt 6.4
    Suggestions
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Donīt forget to check out these Mods sooner or later:
    Shizoku no Senso - 1648 - Conquer the World

RockīnīRoll!