Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,014 of 1014

Thread: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

And you got the 1000th post in said thread.

WOOHOO!!!

Okay so i have a question on the Hylians and Shiekah, when did they become distinct ethinic groups, and why? was it merging with the wind tribe or is it a case of theirs always as many Sheikah as the plot requires?

Only thing I know is that the Sheikah do their best to keep their bloodline completely seperated from other races.
    In fact, they are the true Ancient Hylians while the 'new' Hylians seem to have blended with other races.

but who were this other race?

That's what I'm wondering, too.

Maybe an ancient Great Sea race?

'Ancient Ordonians/Land Walkers' are a decent fit for the whole 'Middle Men' required here for the Hylians/Numenorians to interbreed with and result in the laws against breeding out.

There was a theory floating around that the whole idea of Sheikah purity was entirely false, and they merely represent a strain of Hylian that for reasons of ego separated themselves from the wider society (and gene pool). The idea spread among the Cadre that they are a throwback to the original, 'uncorrupted' Ancient Hylians, until even they believed it and upheld it as truth.

This theory did not survive Word of Neph, and the apparent genetic purity of the Sheikah remains canon. (Which I always think is a shame - not only for the Majora-styled hilarity of the inbred mutants fooling themselves into worshipping their fraudulent blood, but also as it serves the mod's motif of the corrupting power of myths and mythologies. ..)
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Hmmm, that seems like a cooler way of explaining the Sheikah, would certainly fit the grimdark, but a well, gues we might never know. I do wonder however, what kinds of food do you think each plac emakes, i have my own head cannon that due to their nature Sheikah eat kinda Cornish pasty kind of pastries, mixed with peruvian or indian cuisine, due to their large reliance on chichiken and rice, which lends itself quite well to curry and chilli. weird i know but i love food alot, and it has shaped our history, wonder if its shaped hyrules too?

Funny you mention, Neph's brought up making a Hyrule cookbook in the past as something that's interested him. I wonder when he'll ever get the time for that?

The Zola are under 'lesser deity worship'.

What do they worship?

They worship Belloem.

Who?

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

Final boss from Phantom Hourglass, and here an inter-dimensional octopus (as far as I can tell). He probably won't have any real screen time until GSTW

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    Who?
    I'd assume you don't know about the existence of the wiki?
    REMEMBER THE WAX-WIND
    IT WILL FIND YOU
    I AM A CANDLE
    WIND WAX-WIND WAX-WIND WAX