Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

Quote Originally Posted by Zalanum View Post
    A question on the druthulidi.

What are the goals of the druthuidi exactly some are sought of clear other not so much

Demise I believe just wants to bring destruction to the land.
    Majora seems to want to drag all of Hyrule into Termina I think.

However the other two Dethl and Vaati I am not sure about all I nknow is that they want the Triforce but why do they want it? Just how powerful is the Trifoce anyway?
    Without spoiling too much...

Demise: Pretty straightforward. He loves conflict and pretty much just wanders around to see what he can find and fight. He saw the power Hylia had over him and likely assumed the Triforce was the source of her abilities. He probably wants to obtain the Triforce to best her and then continue on his rampage.

Dethl: Dethl pretty much just wants to feed and preserve itself. Dethl was present at the creation of the Triforce, and without saying to much believes that obtaining it will essentially end its hunger.

Vaati: Vaati is likely entertained by the notion of being able to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Judging by the stories of the Triforce, he probably wants to use it to expand his abilities like the Goddesses. Vaati suffers from an inferiority complex, what better way to compensate.

Majora: Majora obviously has a bruise with the Goddesses, I suppose I can leave it at that.

I don't really want to say too much about the Triforce either. We do know it can be destroyed as that is what Majora does near the end of the game, so it's safe to say it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Hmmm Dethl sounds like she/it has slightly similar motives to Ungoliant, interesting

aw so Dethl is a woman with a eating disorder, it's probably because majora doesn't return her calls anymore, ever since he move to termina and this oni guy, he hasn't call back.

Apani's Avatar Senator

She's so hungry, she could eat an Octorok!

Well, we've known it could be destroyed as far back as Wind Waker, so we know it can also be put back together again. Although the shards of the Triforce this time around look pretty darn tiny - more like a fine powder than shards, really - so putting it back together will be even harder, if they even want to go to the trouble.

As an aside, the description for the Master Entity implies that it may not even be the real Majora, given that it's only "believed" to be Majora, and uses the article "a" rather than "the." I'm not going to ask you to directly spoil anything, so I'll be circumspect. Can gods even be killed? I mean, Demise got barraged by a landslide and covered in lava and turned out no worse for the wear, and even Sulkaris, who isn't even on the level of a true Goddess, has proven surprisingly resilient.

how will link defeat villains more powerful than him, and what is the power level of some of the people in this game, I mean some of them can stop time, destroy armies, and survive without a body.

And he's stopped them all before. Yes these versions are actually doing something with their power, but by how the missions were structured, Link isn't going to be appearing for some time and even then, the master sword seems like it will be enough. Besides hundreds of thousands of soldiers that is.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Interesting very interesting. I wonder does Vaati's inferiority complex come from being the smallest druthulidi physically.
    Another question why did the Goddess create the Blins and Lizalfos and other similar hostile races If they so clearly prefer the hylians. (if they did create them. It stated on the wiki that river zola were brought to Hyrule by Bellum) Or were they all decent enough in Primordial times and got corrupted by Demise or some other druthulidi later on.

Senator

Well, Blins seem to be protected by Demise, so he may have been their creator, or he saw potential in them so he decided to raise them as his worshippers. Demise is a brute, his strength is legendary (Tearing Veran's arms off for example) and the Moblins match him in that regard.

The Gohman were created by Iemanis (Another Druthulidi) in order to create a collective society free of conflict. (All on the wiki) On short, he was a bit of a Communist. Hence the Gohma's Hive Mind mentality.

If the goddesses were so attached to the Hylians, why was Ikana allowed to grow so mighty, and why did Majora ask Igos to 'Renounce your gods and worship me'? It suggests that Ikana also worshipped the goddesses, not just the Hylians. It should also be mentioned that the Triforce was not originally with the Hylians, but rather with the Wind Tribe.

demise didn't create the moblins he just found them pretended to be their god, in a way hylia and demise are more alike than they know. one could that's joke about SS and none of the zelda before ever mention the two.

@Lortano

Actually, the whole thing with the Hylians might not have come down from the Goddesses at all; it is stated in the Historia that, by my understanding, in the war with the Blin hordes Hylia ignited a 'fire of racial hatred' in the Hylians, and that even though through the hard work of her and the Wizzrobes (though whether this work was simply tampering with records or some kind of gigantic, magical MIB Neuralyzer is not clarified) they still bore that racial hatred. It's entirely possible that the whole 'pride of the Goddesses' thing was the result of their bigotry against, well, every other race; if all non-Hylians are lesser, than of course the Hylians are the Goddesses' pride. There's never been any direct mention of the Goddesses saying anything about who their favorite was, it was mostly Hylians-and between the whole racist bigot thing that got kicked off by Hylia and all the records that would have had to be tampered with by the Wizzrobes to erase her existence from history, chances are a lot of the remaining historical records are tilted heavily in favor of the Hylians. Few of the other races seem very inclined towards religious history, after all.
    "You know, for you, I guess that might have been something. Bunch of goblins come out of nowhere trying to give you a welcoming gift of stabby death, Ted crashing a building, me delivering electric death to all of the above.....don't worry, though. You'll get used to it. I mean, look at me; this is just tuesday to me now."

".....But it's monday...."

"Well, yes. Ted crashed the building earlier than he usually does."

-Damien Arn, angry SOB, chatting with the new guy.

From a sprite comic I might never actually publish anywhere.

The Zora may as well, given their focus on physical and racial purity, their love of knowledge, and their tendency to archive. They seem rather interesting to me, actually, given that their origins presumably lie with Bellum, given that they're likely descendants of the River Zora, yet at some point they converted to the worship of the Goddesses. I wonder how that happened, and if something similar can happen to other creations of the not-Goddesses. I also wonder what they know of their origins, and whether they deny them. Mind you, I don't think we'll see the Gohma showing up to pray at the Temple of Time any time soon. For prey, perhaps, but not to pray.

Civis

I have two more questions:
    1.- Knowing that the diversity of cultures through the whole Hyrule world/Light world or whatever it is called; And knowing that although there are city with diversity in culture, these are very few... what is the main population of these small settlement?:

>>>hylia marine .........................just hylian or are there zoras for like just trading or passing by?
    [maybe it would be cool to have a direct hidden connection from here to zora domain, like in ocarina of time]
    >>>vigjaro .....................are there wizzrobes passing by or are they hidding all time?
    >>>aslosus .................................................gerudo outlaw besides pirate? Are there other humans (ordonia/hylian kind)? Darkunt culture? who govern this city?
    >>>Sunken_City ...........................................humans or town infected by animals?
    >>>audorn ..............................................outlaw hylian culture?
    >>>Stone_Tower_Ruins, Ikana, etc... ........................outlaw human or just animals?
    >>>Fort_of_Wings ................................Possible clockTown-kind-like place easter egg? (Sorry, I couldn´t resist. I feel it just fit there).
    >>>Greshou lanayru ................................................culture?
    >>>Crown_Ridge..................................... goron colony?
    >>>Sorkariko ...................................only hylian?
    >>>Panacle cove ................................human and zoras or only humans?
    >>>Vigjaro_Glade .............................keaton? are there other keatons in other towns?
    >>>Seshei ..............................lizalfos(geru) and humans? only humans?
    >>>Yoll.......................................... ¿labrynnans and tokays ?
    >>>Mohl_Dar ..................................tokays?
    >>>Parapa ............................gerudo?
    >>>Joogal .................deku?
    >>>Turongo ................. only monkeys?
    >>>Horon_Cemetery .........¿?
    >>>Gor_Forgaru .................goron?
    >>>Malcove .....................humans?
    >>>Xexoblin .........................only humans?
    >>>Mothulus ............................are there lizalfos?
    >Maybe it would be cool to have a little hidden happy mask shop inside every custom settlement in battle map; just like easter egg.

2.- Because of a suggestion made earlier about making generals being able to become a sage. What is it needed to someone to become a sage? any trial? specific culture? Do they need to protect something? Are they not supposed to fight alongside their faction (Being the most broken rule I suppose; Maybe justified if just defending)? They become immortal? Must be follower of the goddess? Any race(it doesn´t seems to be a exclusive thing)? And many more questions because I know very little about this topic. Maybe I should have consulted the HTW wiki first.

A third unannounced question: Do the suffix -fos exist and mean monster-like (lizalfos-stalfos)?
    Last edited by fernavliz; March 13, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

A third unannounced question: Do the suffix -fos exist and mean monster-like (lizalfos-stalfos)?[/QUOTE]

It means of. So Lizalfos means of Lizard, Stalfos means of bones (stal means bones) ect.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

just as long as you give your life to being a servant of the goddesses, than you can become a sage.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    I have two more questions:
    1.- Knowing that the diversity of cultures through the whole Hyrule world/Light world or whatever it is called; And knowing that although there are city with diversity in culture, these are very few... what is the main population of these small settlement?

Hylia Marine - Mostly Hylian. There is a garrison of Zora soldiers that live there.

Vigjaro - Mostly Hylian, some families of Lanayru Zora probably work in the city. Wizzrobes are often seen doing whatever it is they do in the streets, but they all live in the Cathedral.

Aslosus - Originally a Hylian city, but it's really multicultured now. It's run by Gerudo Pirates, but you can find everything from Hylians to Darknuts to Deku Scrubs here.

Sunken City - A colony built by Horonians that became flooded, driving them out. It's just ruins occupied by wildlife now,

Audorn - Hylians, Keatons, other outlaws.

Stone Tower Ruins, Ikana - All empty ruins with wild creatures.

Fort of Wings - Was built by Ancient Hylian expeditions that were heading east and abandoned. Empty ruins with some creatures.

Greshou Library - Largely unoccupied, privately owned library. It was constructed by the first Hylians and Zora of Lanayru Province.

Crown Ridge - Actually Gorons, just not inthe game yet.

Sorkariko - Originally a Sheikah town. Hylians, Keatons, other outlaws control it now.

Panacle Cove - Hylians and Lanayru Zora

Vigjaro Glade - Base build by Keaton outlaws and other criminals. It's run by Keatons.

Seshei - Mysterious village, no records of who built it. It's owned by whoever happens to be passing by.

Yoll - Labrynnian town that broke away from the Regime after they attempted to build pipelines through the graveyards.

Mohl Dar - Labrynnian base taken over by Tokays.

Parapa - Ancient temple probably built by the Gerudo. Currently run by Gerudo extremists.

Joogal - A Deku City that fell victim to a severe case of Mad Scrubs.

Turongo - Ruins that were probably built by the Huskus or some other ancient forest civilization. It's controled by Monkeys now.

Horon Cemetery - Horonian colony that was abandoned because a plague killed so many people. It's all ruined now.

Gor Forgaru - Goron city overrun by Dodongos.

Malcove - Should be run by rebellious Moblins.

Xexoblin - Should be run by rebellious Moblins.

Mothulus - As the name implies, this is going to be the lair of Mothulus.

What is it needed to someone to become a sage?

A new Sage is named only when the rest of he Sages deem a current Sage has spent too much time as a Sage. Sages are usually chosen long before they become Sages and work towards that goal. The only exceptions are Sages that go AWOL (Sulkaris, Dakkon), and Saria (who was going to become a Sage but was killed off long before that time).

They become immortal?

Sages can't physically be killed by most weapons, only by extraordinary measures. They are technically undead in a sense.

they need to protect something?

Their primary goal to to make sure the Triforce is kept safe. Anything that leads to that goal is fair game for them, be it scouting the wilderness to make sure someone like Demise isn't building up armies or committing genocide against a race hellbent on finding the Triforce. They generally fight alongside their faction because of family or emotional ties, but if their race comes into conflict with their goal they are technically supposed to turn against them.

Must be follower of the goddess?

Yes.

Maybe I should have consulted the HTW wiki first.

http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Sage

A third unannounced question: Do the suffix -fos exist and mean monster-like (lizalfos-stalfos)?

Fos means "of" or "to be of" in Ancient Hylian.

Civis

Wow, That´s cool, this mod has a lot of information regarding its lore. Would a "becoming sage" system for any general would become a feature in freeform campaign if it were possible?. Either way that would be cool.

Because I was making a stalfos campaign submod and I used the hidden resource trick to make some recruitable units by region. Are there fairies in the deku tree´s grove, like in Ocarina of time? I mean for protecting/advising each one a kokiri, not like enough to form armies or anything like it. (maybe messengers or for scouting?)

To ask a different but related question, what is the relationship between fairies and the Kokiri in this mod? I know that, all of a sudden, the Fairies withdrew to the Tarm ruins, but before then were they fairly friendly?

Civis

Why would all the fairies leave their place they were and join to a promising powerful own culture faction, If they may have something to be attached in their place where they were? I agree that most fairies would join to the calling of a greater one of their kind [still don´t know why, maybe for survival?], but not everyone follows the exact rules or code of life they have in the beginning. Some example are all the outlaws, rogue hylians, gerudo pirates, Dishonored, all rebel settlement, rogue fairies, etc... I mean, the great deku tree is so powerful that maybe it has something to offer for the fairies in exchange of something else, or for protecting the forest as a whole because is the place where aren´t disturbed by man kind and its oppression. Other possibility is that they are simply trying to survive and in the forest have a higher chance of success on tricking some passerby/transient and stealing his/her ruppies [totally lame I know, but it would be funny]. Besides the kokiri forest is a mystical forest that has many magical creatures in it, so it will give the forest the right image of being magical, not just another forest in the world.

I don´t know; so many possibilities of small fairies roaming around and it would feel strange of not having them in the kokiri forest (just lore wise; nothing enough to form armies). Besides, I have already added a recruitable "bubbles" in deku grove tree for the stalfos in the stalfos campaign submod I made.

kokiri don't have fries in this lore, they have no need for protectors when their safe from dander all the time.