Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

Hylia's sins were born of pride and ignorance. Her intent was not wicked, even though her actions clearly were. She was shown the error of her ways and given a chance to repent. This is far cry from Majora's orchestrated deception and malevolence. So of the two, I'd be more ready to take drastic action to keep Majora out.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

It's possible the Goddesses guided the Wizzrobes to Hylia since the Wizzrobes are apparently strong followers of the Goddesses. If that's true we may be able to extend this and say the Goddesses prefer to not take drastic action except as a last resort, instead looking for various followers and such to manipulate the world in their favor.

Then again didn't the Goddesses leave Hyrule before the events of Hylia but not Ikana? If that's the case they may simply have not been around to do something about Hylia; assuming they're not all powerful and/or omnipotent.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I'd like to point my finger at the Goddesses and scream: "Nepotism!" if I didn't knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Shutters View Post
    There's no evidence to suggest that the theory that Link is actually a female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger is incorrect either; but I seriously doubt we're going to accept that as fact. The burden of proof is on the one making the theory, not the other way around. Otherwise we get into these moronic "prove me wrong" arguments where you can claim literally anything that isn't outright stated that it isn't true and no one can disprove your "theory".
    It's a good thing we got logic then, no? Neph just said himself that common sense should be enough for conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Shutters View Post
    Isn't the purpose of mining precious gems and ores to make money from mining and "farming" nutritious rocks to make money from farming? Thus I rest my case; there's no reason for mines and farms to be combined. I doubt this "rock sirloin" is sold the same way as ores or gems.
    Neph just said that they eat anything they mine and spare just a little for armours (which are very few) in time of need, which makes me suppose their mines are all mostly for "farming" and a little for mining, and that they don't need "Mining" mines for their little armour. In addition, since they eat pretty much any metal, those are most likely going to be evaluated by their tastiness in the Goron society. Another value I could consider is each metal's practicality as armour, but we already said they don't use armour that much.
    Last edited by Apani; February 12, 2014 at 02:50 AM.

Hi everyone, just wanted to say I love this mod but I have one question for neph. Who is Valadeku? I've seen it's name pop up in a few Ghoma articles and I was just curious.

hey what type if any armor would the kokiri have, other than wood.

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    hey what type if any armor would the kokiri have, other than wood.
    Wood is probably it actually. It's pretty awful, but it might stop an arrow or sling...maybe...

Free Kekistan

can't they get some magic armor or deku wood, which is stronger than regular wood.

I think Kokiri with more armor is kind of counter-productive to the vison that Neph has for the Kokiri. They're light and fast. I can't see a heavy armory set up in the Kokiri's neck of the woods(hardy har har). They're not really a very "heavy" faction. I could see Koroks getting some stat boost eventually, but you have to remember that, at their core, Kokiri are children with sticks. Sure, they're ancient, wise children with sticks, but their tiny forms forgo the use of any real heavy armor. I sincerely doubt that we will see any heavily armored Kokiri juggernauts forming a conventional infantry line.

Free Kekistan

Civis

Here I have some questions; some may sounds dumb and other may be better to not answer. Are there in the hyrule world multicultural cities, like cities with many races living together? I ask because I feel that almost every town/city feels like too xenophobic and racist, you know, because we don´t see civilian so it doesn´t appear any kind of interaction between races besides war. I imagine that many faction justify themselves for being xenophobic (kokiri, goron for example), but I cannot imagine something like the Hyrule castle town not having something like a goron or deku merchant; A big city of a big empire is always a large flow of money, oportunity for the merchants. Do lanayru have humans(hylians) people living beside the lanayruus (How do i say people from lanayru?).

other question that may have been asked before and will sound kind of strange but, are the wizzrobes and the fokka related? I mean in race; i think it would be possible that they are like a far cousins or something just like the gerudo and the sheikas are related just because they are humans, and nothing else. Maybe it´s possible, the wizzrobes are an order, not an specific own race. Sure they have magic but they may had been gifted/granted/earned magic and the fokka not.

I would assume most Hylian towns would include some amount of other races, but for the most part remember that this is war. Whenever a country goes to war, even if their race is the same, those who have more of a connection to the enemy are mistreated. Look at WWI for example; there were Germans/Austrians lynched and killed by mobs in the United States before the US even went to war with Germany and Austria. And keep in mind a great deal of America's population that time was German (so much that German almost became the official language of the US), but those who were more German than the others were mistreated. Now take this a step further and look at WWII. Here it wasn't just civil unrest, the United States government put Japanese immigrants and descendants into internment camps. So that's just how much things escalate when we're talking about a different race. Now take this a step further and consider the kind of fate members of a different species might suffer.

Of course we can't base everything that the kingdoms in HTW do on what the United States did. But I think it's far to say that because of the current high tensions and war going on in Hyrule any sort of multiculturalism would be thrown out the window. And really, who could blame them? If I'm a Goron living in Hyrule Prime and the KoH is destroying my fellow Gorons and most likely my home I'm likely to do whatever I can cause the KoH problems.

On the other hand, if two nations are good allies there's a good chance that they'll have immigrants and merchants from their ally running around their kingdom. That's where the whole trade agreement comes in; you agree to open your borders to the other nation trusting that they won't be sending spies into your own kingdom.

The Zora would probably be very opposed to other races and only allow other countries merchants to sleep in some run down shack far away from the main population but more accepting kingdoms may welcome or even embrace the influx of exotic culture and new ideas.

For example, when Japan opened its borders to Western powers some Japanese citizens, mostly city folk, embraced Western ideas and culture. They began dressing like Europeans, listening to European music, and so on because it was new and exciting. Contrast that with Russia who has historically shunned the rest of Europe and seen other cultures as a threat. They do everything they can to stay as Russian as possible and not interact with other cultures too directly. On one hand one could argue that Western ideas damaged Japanese culture but on the other one could argue that Western ideas made Japan stronger and in turn made Japanese culture stronger too. Just look at all the Japanese animation, games, music, etc that comes from Japan. Then there's Russia where on one hand Russia's xenophobic attitude keeps them from learning new ideas but on the other it keeps Russian culture and ideas alive instead of them being overwritten by the ideas of other cultures. Just look at all the Russian... oh wait there's nothing there...

Also it's like 2 in the morning and I'm really tired so I might have said something that's not all together historically accurate or intelligible so you'll have to forgive my deadened cognitive functions.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Despite the fatigue you are feeling, I find your logic to be sound. While I cannot attest to the historical accuracy, not having any sort of qualifications myself, the post was intelligible enough for me to find it agreeable.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    Are there in the hyrule world multicultural cities, like cities with many races living together?

Aslosus is probably the most culturally mixed city, mostly because they've thrown out all the major governments.

Do lanayru have humans(hylians) people living beside the lanayruus (How do i say people from lanayru?)

Lanayru cities are open to all races, but are mostly composed of Hylians, Pure Blooded Zora, and the Half Zora.

other question that may have been asked before and will sound kind of strange but, are the wizzrobes and the fokka related?

Assuming evolution works in Hyrule, it's possible the Wizzrobes and Fokka have a common ancestor, but during all times of the mod they are not the same species.

Nice to know some races can get along at least. But can I just ask is hyrule the only world the goddesses made, or did they Create others as well? Also are the gods and the Druthulidi related to each other at all? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really curious about your lore.

Ah, Russia. Comrades of the Soviet Union failed where the mighty moblintariat will succeed. Honorable Chairman Ganonchev will bury the filthy capitalist Hylians.

As for race, I figure that some countries would be very open compared to others. The Zora are total Xenophobes, but the Darknut Legion seems more than happy to "uplift" the Fokka, and they obviously have quite cordial relations to the Zuna. While the creed of the Legion likely leads to some racial arrogance (we are the honorable sword masters, look at the tiny outsiders and their disorganized mobs with dishonorable weapons), I would suspect that many Zuna would be present in their cities as citizens, craftsmen, and merchants. Someone has to make the fine swords of the Legion, and the Darknuts must respect the unparalleled craftsmanship of the Zuna. I feel like their cultures must enjoy a symbiotic relationship.

In the RP lore, which is different, I know, the Darknuts welcomed the Gerudos as vassals and the influx of refugees from Labrynna's destruction in as well. They saw foreign population not as a problem, but as an asset, because every empire could use more taxable working citizens and auxiliary forces. While it's not Neph-canon, the Darknuts apparently struck people as progressive enough for that to occur.

Free Kekistan

hey,what happens to the population of the cities you take, do they became slaves. is there a way to make a building for slaves to help with produces. like taking a goron town increase money out put.

Depends on what you do to the city. Occupy you leave them be. Loot and some are killed in the ensuing mayhem. Exterminate offs a majority of them leaving a few survivors.

Preferably some of the more terrible factions like stalfos and ghoma will have capture actions restricted in the future.

cowsaresomething's Avatar Foederatus

So, I was playing the Twili, and invaded the Gerudo Desert (where else?), when I noticed that my brilliant, black and green, glowing Bonemold Monks could hide on the yellow, barren landscape.

This begged the question of why Bonemold Monks have the hid anywhere trait. How can they hide in the middle of a desert, when they visually are just as obvious as any of the other Twili soldiers?
    Last edited by cowsaresomething; February 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Layout

Dark Mewtwo's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by cowsaresomething View Post
    So, I was playing the Twili, and invaded the Gerudo Desert (where else?), when I noticed that my brilliant, black and green, glowing Bonemold Monks could hide on the yellow, barren landscape.

This begged the question of why Bonemold Monks have the hid anywhere trait. How can they hide in the middle of a desert, when they visually are just as obvious as any of the other Twili soldiers?
    Sol Magic?

@Cows, Metwto

Sol Magic may play a part of it. The Bonemold Monks may be capable of the same shadow-concealment trick Midna operated on in TP, or at least a variant on it.

Spoiler for Stupidity
    In any case, I propose they have generated the ability from the purity of the 'oh gtfo' they generate when 120-odd soldiers materialise in the shadow of the Sol Guns the charging enemy thought were unsupported...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

A question on the druthulidi.

What are the goals of the druthuidi exactly some are sought of clear other not so much

Demise I believe just wants to bring destruction to the land.
    Majora seems to want to drag all of Hyrule into Termina I think.

However the other two Dethl and Vaati I am not sure about all I nknow is that they want the Triforce but why do they want it? Just how powerful is the Trifoce anyway?
    I don't mention Bellum or Iemanis because they are sleeping and dead respectively.

Dose Iemanis have any kind of canon counterpart?

Also why don't ports work do they not trade with other ports you own.