Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

Default Re: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

There's no evidence for the theory you're so zealously trying to defend.

Apani's Avatar Senator

What I suggested is that "Gourmet" minerals (like Rock Sirloin) are worth a lot amongst the Gorons, so they should have a bigger value to the Gorons than smithing minerals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Shutters View Post
    There's no evidence for the theory you're so zealously trying to defend.
    There's also no evidence to suggest the theory is incorrect...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Dark Mewtwo's Avatar Miles

I don't mean to go off topic here but are there Poes in HTW's lore? oh and I don't think Gorons can eat just any old rock atleast that is how it seems to me plz don't kill me Cameron

Apani's Avatar Senator

It's not off topic as long as it regards lore. Yes, there are Poes, they're a Stalfos unit generated from dead Faries.

I guess what Cameron meant is that tastier rocks aren't the most valuable, not that Gorons eat any rock.

Those are Bubbles Apani see. These are poes also I said off topic cuz it was off the topic at hand which was gorons and what type of rock they could eat

Apani's Avatar Senator

Ops, my bad. Anyways, I found an article on HTW Wiki saying that Neph is not going to add them yet.

oh ty I just found it myself as I was wondering the wiki and was like

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Gorons can consume any mineral. Different minerals have different nutritional values, just like different organic food does. If Gorons label rocks Gourmet, it's probably because it's rare and tastes really refined/good/ or whatever. I didn't really answer this question for awhile because it seems like common sense. It's like asking if "gourmet" steak is better then "cheap, butchered steak that you can just get anywhere."

Gorons probably consume whatever they mine during peace time. During war they probably devote whatever is sufficient to provide armor or weaponry for the few units they have that wear armor. I don't imagine Gorons growing anything other then Bomb Flowers. They grow Bomb Flowers for weaponry and explosives used in mining, not eating.

As for regions that that more infertile, I feel this is a common sense question too. Drier, hotter, and colder terrain will likely yield less vegetation. I've already made the campaign map in such a way.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    - The Fort of Wings is based on the second dungeon from Oracle of Ages.
    - Nuun is from Oracle of Ages
    - Midoro, Moruge, and Parapa are from Zelda II
    - Picorou Ruins are from Minish Cap.
    - Ok Ru is Moblin for "Return of Summer."
    - Airu was the first Zora in records that took a Hylian wife.
    - Ontheon is likely a simplification of the Cliff Lord words Onth Arkeon which means "House of Lords"
    - Nayrunis is High Zoran for Nayru's gaze or Nayru's watch.
    - Rutoval is derived from the High Zoran words Ruton (love) and Val (paradise, a really really nice place)
    - Vigjaro is derived from the Ancient Hylian Words Vigas (shaded, in the shadow of) and Jaro (pass, road, trail)
    - Zunayus is Zuna for House of Zuna
    - Gor is just a prefix Gorons like to put before things, it pretty much just means "Belonging to Gorons" or otherwise lets people know Gorons are involved. Dalagra was the last Goron King before they were enslaved by Volvagians.
    - Baral's Stand was the place where the last battle of a Darknut civil war took place before the Legion was formed. Baral alone supposedly held off an entire army and helped found the Legion. He's considered a Darknut god.
    - Greshou is High Zoran for Library, specifically a really big one.
    - Ayloch, Seshei, and Malcove don't really have any meanings, I forgot why I came up with them and I suppose the people of Hyrule did too.
    Interesting !. I couldnt have guessed that some of them have deep meaning. you make me want to ask about every settlement name, but it would be to much and maybe demanding. I knew some of them but I asked for them anyway just in case someone else would come and would have the same doubt.
    The answer couldnt be better, thanks.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    Interesting !. I couldnt have guessed that some of them have deep meaning. you make me want to ask about every settlement name, but it would be to much and maybe demanding. I knew some of them but I asked for them anyway just in case someone else would come and would have the same doubt.
    The answer couldnt be better, thanks.
    I'll likely put more infomation and background on each settlement after they're done and on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    What I suggested is that "Gourmet" minerals (like Rock Sirloin) are worth a lot amongst the Gorons, so they should have a bigger value to the Gorons than smithing minerals.
    Isn't the purpose of mining precious gems and ores to make money from mining and "farming" nutritious rocks to make money from farming? Thus I rest my case; there's no reason for mines and farms to be combined. I doubt this "rock sirloin" is sold the same way as ores or gems.

There's also no evidence to suggest the theory is incorrect...
    There's no evidence to suggest that the theory that Link is actually a female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger is incorrect either; but I seriously doubt we're going to accept that as fact. The burden of proof is on the one making the theory, not the other way around. Otherwise we get into these moronic "prove me wrong" arguments where you can claim literally anything that isn't outright stated that it isn't true and no one can disprove your "theory".

wait, there's something I want to ask, how hard is goron skin, in noraml canon gorons could take falling in lava and eat bombs, it's almost the same here so I ask how can regular swords or arrows hurt them. I understand if it's super strong metal or a magic arrow but normal weapons shouldn't hurt them.

I have a lore question: Why were the Hylians not cursed like Ikana was when they renounced the Goddesses in favour of Hylia?

I recall someone saying the gorons skin was as hard as leather. And they are probably heatproof(lava) or shock proof(explosians).

Hylians are the special little babys of the goddesses. >:/ And they probably considered Majora worship much more heinous and dangerous than Hylia. Actually they may not have even been around by the time Hylia was created.

Patrician Artifex

Assuming the Goddesses themselves actually instigated the curse on Ikana, they probably spared the Hylians for the same reason the God of Abraham spared the Israelites after they went pagan in the book of Judges and Ezekiel.

Tolerating extreme heat is a little different then being sliced open and having life maintaining fluids bleed out of your body. Goron skin is pretty tough, tougher than most leather but it can be bruised and cut with enough force.

So the Ikanians are immediately damned but the Hylians get off with no consequence after years of pagan beliefs and committing genocide? Why is that? Is Majora seen as a far greater enemy to the Goddesses than Hylia?

well hylia may be a treat but she is killing followers of demise so maybe they don't care that much.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

The rationale for Ikana's curse was answered before. If they were not sealed away, Majora would have gained a foothold in Hyrule and spread his corruption to the surrounding regions. The renunciation of King Igos was proof that Ikana was lost. It was done more for protecting the innocent than punishing the guilty. (Otherwise, most of Hyrule would need to be condemned...)

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Ehhh, I think Hylia would have been more of a threat due to her proximity to the triforce.

iF THE gOLDEN gODDESSES WERE ABLE TO KICK THE :WUB: OUT OF ALL THE dRUTHILINDI THEN WHAT WOULD A ZEALOT WITH THE POWER OF THE TRIFORCE BE ABLE TO DO?

...not fixing the caps.