Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Ask questions on HTW's Lore

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    It is very difficult to determine very specific details of them, and many things that we say of them would be mere speculations. The obvious thing is that the Great Deku Tree is the center of authority and takes the most influential decisions; to be called "father" it would seems that most kokiri have more respect than fear toward him, as we could think. Maybe there would be more Hyrule Historia missions for the kokiri and we will see more of them.

About others kokiri in other settlements [under the same kokiri "country"], what I can speculate is that because they got outside of the deku tree grove, they must be very adventurous. They may see the others in the grove as a more conformist or not so brave, but I think they would not seem them as different because of the Great Deku Tree, that will be always their kind of "religion" figure, without the religion.
    Their is no need to over complicate things.

In different towns they probably have a local chief appointed by the Deku tree, or a Korok.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

well, the reason I ask is because mudmen of faron are least influence by the deku tree than the ones in the grove, since they live in a violent area where their always attack I always took it as they were a more warrior type of kokiri, like lord of flies kids. since the deku tree can't really suppress their more violent nature from far away, nor can he watch over them, their left to fight for themselves. and that's just the faron kokiri what about the live next to the dekus , hylians, zora. what if they start going against things the deku forbid.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    well, the reason I ask is because mudmen of faron are least influence by the deku tree than the ones in the grove, since they live in a violent area where their always attack I always took it as they were a more warrior type of kokiri, like lord of flies kids. since the deku tree can't really suppress their more violent nature from far away, nor can he watch over them, their left to fight for themselves. and that's just the faron kokiri what about the live next to the dekus , hylians, zora. what if they start going against things the deku forbid.
    All that the HTW canon gives us is, they are more independent on account of their geographical distance from the Deku Tree. I'd imagine their more violent tendencies come from both their partial reclamation of the Forest Thief mentality, and by the necessity of living next door to the Lizalfos. I have no idea about what their particular culture would be like, other than some amalgamation of vanilla Kokiri and a tribally oriented, warrior society. (RP followers might be tempted to apply the tenets of the New Growth movement onto the Mudmen, possibly without the whole Majora influence thing)

The Kokiri living nearest Dominion Valley are very close to the Lost Woods and Deku Tree's Grove, meaning they'd be unaffected, especially since the Zora are presented as insular when the riches of Death Mountain aren't concerned. Deku are eastward, in which case they'd hit the Huskus first, and would still be fairly close to the Deku Tree's heartland. Hylian-influenced Kokiri? That I'm not sure about, although I'd look at the description for Grove Watchers and get som eideas...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

What do Minish look like in HTW? Also will those other mercenary units be added?

only minish we seen is vaati, there is a minish unit in game but I forgot what it was.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

It was only a golem; not much help to the question.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Civis

Maybe until we can have more than 500+ units we get the minish golem.

I have another large and difficult question that can have a simple answer but it is as always more complicated. How many languages are there in HTW? How many languages are in all Legend of Zelda games?

I was first surprised when I read in announcement thread that the Kokiri speaks deku; Then I thought that it has logic that the Great Deku tree would teach them his [its?] language, just as any other thing that then the kokiri make its culture. So, what about other factions? Do gerudo speak gerudian? Labrynian speak labrynian?, Are there dark languages for necromancer?, zoras? etc... wait...

More important: obvious but, How do they understand each other? lets say the hylian and the zoras or the gorons. Is hylian the dominant one or is it just more common as second language? I know that they understand each other, but with a universal [or a hylian dominant, or maybe triforce goddess language] language that everyone speaks? or is with a common language that most races learn as second language?
    Last edited by fernavliz; June 09, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

Well I'm not sure but The Lizalfos have a language of there own for sure seeing as most of there units have it as there names.

I would think their is most likely some language created by the Oocca that was spread to the goddess worship races and one at least one secondary language for all races. And the communication is probably done by diplomats/dignitaries.

In the hylian/goddess religion is majora seen as being the equivilant to the devil in Christianity, as in they see him as the root of evil does this extend to all Druthulidi as well? Also in your mind are the Goddesses good, evil or a bit of both?

yes majora is the devil in hylian lore, if you attack vajoor the giant church there has a stain glass of majora trying to get the triforce. also allot nephs older goes to show how of a evil being he is to hylians including a church design to hunt and kill followers of majora.

I my belief the goddesses are your typical gods, as in their kinda of dicks, not on the level of the greek gods but their not perfect. they leave their creation and still want their creation to follow them, the first sage they create was a failure that they left without emotion, their best work is the sage of light who is a being without free will and does what ever they say, they destroy Ikana I think.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    and they want their creation to believe their perfect gods when their not gods.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    In the hylian/goddess religion is majora seen as being the equivilant to the devil in Christianity, as in they see him as the root of evil does this extend to all Druthulidi as well?

Majora is considered a satanic figure that is against everything the Goddesses stand for in pretty much every religion involving the Goddesses.

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Also in your mind are the Goddesses good, evil or a bit of both?

The Goddesses have good intentions.

Maybe this has been addressed before and I missed it, but I was thinking of Faron from Skyward Sword, and how nice it would be if she was beheaded, or harpooned. Any chance of that happening? I figured she was the true Satanic figure of Zelda Lore.

If Faron is in Hyrule total war and lives in Faron woods maybe the lizalfos killed her I would have her killed if I were Nardu.

Maybe this has been addressed before and I missed it, but I was thinking of Faron from Skyward Sword, and how nice it would be if she was beheaded, or harpooned. Any chance of that happening? I figured she was the true Satanic figure of Zelda Lore.
    I just did an image-search, and, damn. That character looks nuts. She should totally be in this mod.
    CA needs competition.

Not quite relevant to the spirit of the thread but, does anyone know where the list of Huskus character names are (in the game files)? Alternatively, is there a way to drag a few out of the game at random? And do they follow any specific naming convention? (as in, Twili character names tend to end in '-ant', and Deku have three one-syllable words for each name)
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

These are the Huskus names
    Tamako
    Kaldoko
    Virako
    Garako
    all names can be found in descr_names.txt
    Huskus names all end in oko or ako

Actually most name seem to have a pattern like that with common ends derived from main characters all twili names end with ant as in Zant or idna (or just na) as in Midna.

By the way why did you want to know?
    Last edited by Zalanum; July 01, 2014 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalanum View Post
    These are the Huskus names
    Tamako
    Kaldoko
    Virako
    Garako
    all names can be found in descr_names.txt
    Huskus names all end in oko or ako

Actually most name seem to have a pattern like that with common ends derived from main characters all twili names end with ant as in Zant or idna (or just na) as in Midna.

By the way why did you want to know?
    That's brilliant, many thanks!

Well since you asked, uh, I'm trying to plough through an old(ish) Zora campaign writeup before the new version comes out. And since I'm writing everything from within the story, I need to acknowledge somehow that having absorbed the Huskus they haven't magically all switched species along with allegiance...

say neph what is the fallen sage goal,and who is mirora.

@starwars
    From my understanding, Sulkaris seeks the Triforce "for unknown reasons," as stated in some piece of lore I cannot recall. It doesn't sound like much, but I remember that specific line intriguing me. So theoretically it will be revealed at some point, likely in the Gods of Hyrule: Total War expansion.

My own question: are their female Gorons in this version of Hyrule? There aren't any in the canon Zelda games to my knowledge, and neither in this one. Are they a monogender race? Or can we just not tell the genders apart?