Thread: More feedback :-) (hopefully my post appears this time...)

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default More feedback :-) (hopefully my post appears this time...)

Hello Dimey and Zarax!

I hope you fine fellows are doing well. It's been a while since I gave any feedback on your top-rate mod, so I'd like to take this opportunity. Despite trying and discarding a number of other mods, I've never stopped playing yours. Says something about it, I think ;-)

Got some comments on version 3_Final with BI.exe and MM first - still my fave because it lets me play the 3-family set-up and is the only mod I know where the Macs *don't* always wind up owning the entire goddam map!

I've been trying it with Sinuhet's 7.0 formations for 1.6.

- AI often does naval invasion to Palma (but then the army just stands there and does nothing for many turns!)
    - battlemap - unit card says unit is still firing missles when it has run out of ammo
    - sometimes AI units raising javs above their heads and just holding them for ages - not throwing
    - AI units sometimes turn their backs to my army
    - Spartan Royal Guard routed after I killed most of them, but I thought they were supposed to *never* rout?

Now some comments on version 4_1_6 (no Sinuhet formations)

- still the problem of cav pulling up just before impacting on routing units
    - heavy cav runs suggish some times
    - Roman rebs are called Scipii etc.
    - suicidal generals
    - units trying to kill dead units or throw missles bugs at non-existent units quite common at end of battles

Actually, I think almost all of these problems are caused by hard-coded issues or the formations file, and are outta your control. But I know you appreciate feedback as long as it's constructive.

I look forward to seeing what you might do with MTW2 :-)

Cheers! Germanicus91

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: More feedback :-) (hopefully my post appears this time...)

Thanks for the feedback Germanicus9. Generals should be a little less suicidal now. Using Darth formations also helps with that. The pre-battle speechs should also be fixed. Most of the others are hard-coded unfortunately.