Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.3

"one submod for SS who asked permission"

Was it Titanium?

Are you going to use Marka horses?

I think there were at least two permission requests, one of them perhaps Titanium, not sure though. I believe Marka horses are open source, then the answer is yes. When? Not soon. I mentioned earlier that if i will work on a new version then many other additions will come too. Don't quote me on anything as i first have to complete some other projects.

Sandy

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

what are this project´s ?
    just for lurking a bit

Blood and Roses, and a submod for TATW that is not announced yet. I am only doing some Gondor units for the team. I must have long ago started with B&R, but have yet to finish Gondor units.

Sandy

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Gemini, When i merge attachments form your models to a model from another mod, the texture of the attachments are missplaced. I did what you suggested on a post, "The implication is that when you merge a new part from a 1024x1024 texture model, it appears twice as wide on the 2048x1024 textured model. The solution is select the new group in Milkshape and go to Texture Coordinate Editor (ctrl + T), then scale with 0.5 and 1.0 settings, and then readjust the UV-map to fit your texture. It is simple." but this advise is when i transfer the texture from another to yours. so, what coordinators should i put? and why this is hapening since all the attachments' textures are on the same .texture (dds) file ( i didnt tranfer lets say the texture of the sword to another texture canvas )shouldnt have work without change anything?

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.2

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    john duca,
    Glad you like it. As for the eastern rosters, i am not planning to work on them because it is too much effort for 4-5 factions and i am not interested in them. There are mods like Rusichi, and TGC who cover slav factions.

Sandy
    If you ever will find interest in some eastern factions, I present you some Polish drawings for inspiration (to replace those fantasy units in game).

Sources:
    http://www.piastowie.kei.pl/piast2/wojsko.htm
    http://kasztel-mhs.blogspot.com/2013...aseckiego.html

And thanks for your effort with western units!

PS: I hoped it could be possible to use your overhauled units in clean Dlv62 but it crashes on start with them.
    Last edited by Hanti; May 31, 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "one submod for SS who asked permission"

Was it Titanium?

Are you going to use Marka horses?
    SSHIP was asking permission. We have already included most of the units in the current release.

It is fantastic.

Does this work with BB4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Does this work with BB4.3?
    It is already included in BB4.3. So you don't have to install this separately.

Sandy

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Ahoy Sandy, are you planning next version of your glorious mod?

Hellvard, there are still many things that could be improved. At the very least, there some non-critical bugs i only noticed recently. Ideally i would like to introduce more units, perhaps some campaign strat models, unit info cards, animation bug fixes, battle ctds. The list can go on, but i am not sure whether i will commit into all of this. I can tell that i will at least post a patch at some point fixing minor issues, but i may not be able to commit seriously in the near future. Modding is very much dependent on the mood, and less so on other factors.

Sandy

i like yor units very much great work,but i don't know if it is known that the mailed knights don't have a secondary weapon, they just are fighting with there hands its funny because i never notice that,and now after so manny battles i just saw it

here some picture:just some fight against rebels who suprised me outside .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.jpg  

stevietheconquer,

Really appreciated.

It is an easy fix. I will include it in the next version. I am collecting a list of to do things right now as i am playing campaign myself. I would prefer to fix them all at once and upload later.

Sandy

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

It's great work already, but it would be even greater if the weapon lengths of new pole-arm models more closely matched those they replaced. The use of short_pike overrules changes we can make to animations and pretty much limits us to using vanilla lengths for halberds. And sadly it's indispensable with there being no other way to achieve the effect it achieves.

For example I noticed voulges seem shorter now, and that billmen are now using a longer bill (could also make bills appear distinct from guisarmes) that doesn't look right with their axe animations. The standard billmen and militia billmen use shorter 'black bills'. The longer bill, the 'forest bill', is used by the armored bills and armored militia bills.

Also if you can find the time, some goedendags would be nice, along with some falchions for the badelaar militia. You could do long and short versions of the goedendag to match the lengths of the vanilla black and forest bills - That way the animations work well enough already, but with maybe a bit too much chopping for the longer versions. If you can't find an image of a long goedendag, like I can't right now, then in transform terms it's a stretched and slightly tapered version of the shorter one.

Anyway, just some ideas for you if you want them.
    Last edited by Taiji; August 17, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v3.0

New version is out. Tons of work behind this one. Unfortunately, most of it is not visible to player. New sprites (1800+ files!), new stratmap models, dozens of ctd fixes, some model reworks, missing unit cards, lower lods for better battle performance.

I decided not to touch horses this time. It may involve more than simple copy paste and file editing. And quite frankly, i am tired for now.

Install over BB4.32.

Sandy

clone's Avatar Primicerius

great the new version. can i ask this Reworked armour levels of some units (eg: chainmail is not available to peasant units anymore)
    ​what units affects
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

peasants, peasant xbows/bowmen, town militia, spear militia. Italian spear militia have ug1 which is chanmail other militias don't have it anymore. It made it easier to make sprites. Also having chainmail on peasants and town folks in 12th century is ahistorical (imo). More motivation to get armored sergeants etc.

Sandy

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    peasants, peasant xbows/bowmen, town militia, spear militia. Italian spear militia have ug1 which is chanmail other militias don't have it anymore. It made it easier to make sprites. Also having chainmail on peasants and town folks in 12th century is ahistorical (imo). More motivation to get armored sergeants etc.

Sandy
    when i install the new version can i not install this particullar new feature. i liked those chainmail units ,plus the fact you could upgrade their armor later in campaign made it less non realistic
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

hello ,my game crashes. in "western_units_overhaul_v3.0.rar"

mods \ DLV_ext \ data \ DLV_ext. two files. normal?

"strat_models" and "models_strat."

strat_models is the source of my crash