Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [--- ILLYRIA AVAILABLE ---updated 1st october ---]

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [--- ILLYRIA AVAILABLE ---updated 1st october ---]

ANCIENT CONQUEST GRAND HOTSEAT

In times as volatile as these, any small tribe or city state can become an empire, but also fall as fast as it rose. Great conquerors are many, but few have been wise enough to be able to keep their empire in one piece for long. Who will be the conqueror who will forge an empire that will last for a thousand years? Who will conquer the world and make everyone submit to him? Only time can tell...

The map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The factions, players and subbers

Sparta - DrMac (sub ???)
    Syracuse - Samar (sub ???)
    Macedonia - Vipman
    Illyria - Drake123 (sub Samar)
    Thrace - Fernandez_1492 (sub ???)
    Carthage - Themzr (sub ???)
    Berbers - Nonorios (sub: ultimateteam6)
    Satrapy of Lydia - ultimateteam6 (sub: Nonorios)
    Egypt - tavix (sub ???)
    Gaul - AVAILABLE
    Satrapy of Syria - Macrath (sub ???)
    Satrapy of Cilicia - DontTreadOnMe777 (sub: ultimateteam6)

The Rules
    Battles
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshot required for all battles against human players displaying odds (Not necessary for overwhelming odds), and result of battle. Armies involved in battle must be shown in screenshots with banners visible and also unit card of ballista/catapult used to assault the city.
    - You are not allowed to move armies next turn if they were defeated by a player that comes after you in turn order. (Basically all defeated armies can not move 1 turn)
    - Prisoners cannot be ransomed after battle. Release or execute.
    - Heroic victories are not allowed, unless a clear victory cannot be obtained and admin approval is given.
    - Not allowed to draw out army from ambushing position by attacking it with 1 unit army.
    Naval
    - Ships cannot be attacked in ports. Ships in ports cannot contain land troops.
    - Ships cannot leave a blockaded port until the blockade is broken. This counts only for naval blockade.
    - Demolishing a port to get around the previous rule isn't allowed, you must wait until the following turn before moving ships stationed in the blockaded port.
    - Not allowed to bypass an enemy ZoC with land armies by using fleet bug.
    Sieges
    - Ballista can assault wooden walls, catapult required to assault city with stone walls or higher. NOT ALLOWED TO USE SIEGE UNITS TO ASSAULT EGYPTIAN SETTLEMENTS!!!
    - You can sally out only if you win or get a draw.
    - You cannot besiege a settlement solely to deny the besieged army from participating in battles (with enemy forces next to the settlement).
    - Sieging with a clearly inferior force (such as to deny trade/recruitment/...) is forbidden.

Expeditions/Invasions Allowed:
    - Only one stack per faction can participate. It's not allowed to join with another stack if the first one is destroyed.
    - Cannot attack same cultured faction through tricks (by abandoning Invasion, attacking, and then rejoining for example. Or by going near and then attacking with another army.).
    - Invasion target has to be decided by vote of the non excommunicated persian factions, each vote having points equal to the faction's influence with the persian emperor (papal crosses). The target will be the one with the most points. Following this rule the players should reach an agreement, if they don't then they will send their votes to the admin to settle it.
    - Expedition target is decided by the greek faction with the most added influence points of all its philosophers.
    Agents
    - Assassins limited at 2 per faction, and +1 for every 12 regions owned. No sabotage. Assassins can only kill agents, family members/generals/princesses not allowed. They require 50% chance
    - A Spy can enter a settlement only if he has at least 60% chance. Spies already inside at the start of the turn must be taken out and infiltrate again!
    - 1 spy needed to open gates. It's allowed only to open gates of settlement/fort that has less than 5 full units inside (total number of men must equal 5 full units)
    - Spies aren't allowed to spread plague.
    - Bribing allowed.
    - Merchants can seize other merchants, minimum chance required: 50%.

AI factions & Diplomacy
    - No gifting provinces in war zone (regions sharing a land border with an enemy faction) to Persia. Not allowed to ally Persia.
    - No money gain allowed through diplomacy with AI factions.
    - Minimum chances and restrictions of agents do not apply to actions against AI factions.
    - When gifting/trading settlements the spawned troops must be disbanded except for one unit.
    - Not allowed to suicide your faction by giving away money, regions etc
    - Any new player taking command of a faction previously held by another player cannot attack a faction he's officially allied with for at least 5 turns, or until the allies of that faction break the deal.

Forting and watchtowers
    - Only 1 fort per region per faction allowed
    - Not allowed to place watchtowers to prevent forting.

Destroying buildings & Exterminate
    - No destroying buildings when settlement is under siege
    - No destroying wonders
    - Exterminating not allowed!

Exploits (+ any other that I can't think of but is obvious)
    - Indirectly breaking sieges or port blockades by alliance with factions allied to the enemy faction (turning them neutral) not allowed.
    - Merchant stacks not allowed (placing several merchants in an army or fort/military-unit securing a resource).
    - You cannot kill agents by surrounding them with troops.
    - No surrounding of an army solely to deny a retreat.
    - Luring ambushers into ZoC of forts\settlement solely to deny them movement is forbidden.
    - No usage of various movement bugs allowed.
    - No repeated attacks on 'yoyo/fort buged armies'.

Victory conditions
    - Play to win. 35 regions + Starting Capital. Any other thoughts here?

General
    - 24h to play your turn, though you may ask for an extension (not more than 12h) or someone to sub.
    - Notify next player of his turn. Use private message if requested by the player.

- When admin intervention is needed you must send me a PM

- If I don't get a PM don't expect me to do anything

You have my permission to bombard me with PM's. It is preferable you send a reminder PM to the one who is up/late before sending me a PM.

- Time to play your turn is 24h. I recommend everyone to publicly appoint a subber and give him your password if possible. If you know you'll be missing a few days post about it in the thread and ask to be subbed if your turn comes. No subber appointed means I will sub once or twice when you're late. Before subbing I may grant 24h extension first and send a reminder.

- Only 1 extension every 5 turns allowed.

- If I have to sub more than a few times or you give yourself extension too often or for too many days you can expect to be skipped.

Map updates
    Minimap at start of turn 10

Turn 15

Turn 20

Last edited by Vipman; September 08, 2015 at 06:34 AM. Reason: expedition/invasion rules + map updates

Default Re: Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat

If you want to discuss rules please do in the other thread.

I'll put up the save soon, unless you want me to change the turn order.

If you have ideas for hotseat name go ahead and say

Alright then, here it goes https://www.mediafire.com/?2vzaw7x9oe099j2
    Last edited by Vipman; February 08, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Are we allowed to destroy buildings or what? Other thread was not clear on it.

I will be leaving if we are.. sorry to say.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can we take this destroying buildings issue to a vote? The decision should be one by the majority of all the players in a hotseat, not by the admin....

Samar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Can we take this destroying buildings issue to a vote? The decision should be one by the majority of all the players in a hotseat, not by the admin....
    +1

Samar's Avatar Civis

The Kingdom of Macedonia is up! Good luck to all

PS: I'm used to playing with huge units in the campaign, and I think size changes a bit how easily you can assault walls. Is this true? Is it too easy to assault walls with medium units? Because if so, maybe we should start again now that it's early or sth.
    PS2: We should start the expedition/invasions at turn 4?

Fernandez_1492's Avatar Vicarius

ROME pm sent
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was thinking to call for a vote, I'm home now for intersemestrial vacation if I can say so, with internet just on phone, so please bear with me.

Everyone please vote by posting what you choose

A) destroying buildings allowed
    B) not allowed
    C) describe your own, like destroying just military b. or something

I forgot to change unit scale, I can redo the save if you want, but how would smaller size make sieging easier?

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

B) Destroying buildings not allowed.

Fernandez_1492's Avatar Vicarius

A.

Samar's Avatar Civis

A

Legourou's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

B) Destroying buildings not allowed.

Nonorios's Avatar Civis

A.
    (no destroying buildings only when besieged)

A

game is called total war, destroying buildings allowed

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

B... I am surprised at the number of A's already lol, especially one coming from a guy with 1700 posts.

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

B, ofc.

Legourou's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Illyria is next.

Destroying buildings sounds good while we speak about it in this forum. We can get a really tiny boost of money, keep high end buildings from our enemy, and keep the enemy from destroying them by preemptive destruction ourselves.

But in practice, during the hotseat, everyone will regret that decision about 20-30 turns in.

Just think about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Legourou View Post
    Illyria is next.

Destroying buildings sounds good while we speak about it in this forum. We can get a really tiny boost of money, keep high end buildings from our enemy, and keep the enemy from destroying them by preemptive destruction ourselves.

But in practice, during the hotseat, everyone will regret that decision about 20-30 turns in.

Just think about it.
    The bigger issue is the razing of settlements you know you can't hold. If a faction has armies 2 turns near a settlement, that settlement will be razed and abandoned since the rules allow it. Imagine how it plays out in the real world.. "ehuehuehuhe destroy the buildings and carry the wood and metal with you, we'll sell it off in the market later!! " It's just stupid really.. who wants to play in a map where 90% of the settlements are razed to by turn 20? That's what happens.. in case you guys who voted A don't know. It really is what happens, just see Westeros and how those hotseats are played.

Let's have a good competitive hotseat here with better players than there who know how to manage their money and not go bankrupt.

Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast