Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [--- ILLYRIA AVAILABLE ---updated 1st october ---]

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [---- Update March 27 --- ROME AVAILABLE ----]

Really Loose, it's coming to this?

What does anything you said have anything to do with this clear autoresolve bug where the 2nd army isn't really participating in the battle?

I have no problem with a vote, but only you and Makakula are against until now, everyone else agreed directly or by not saying anything. But I do not accept you to order the hotseat to stop.

If you insist, or things like this keep happening, then I will leave all hotseats and probably TWC forever. I will not waste time in a place where I'm ordered around at someone's whim.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [---- Update March 27 --- ROME AVAILABLE ----]

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    Sorry, not an acceptable excuse.

Can't declare it a bug without a vote of the players.

Now let's start properly, at the beginning. On Samar's turn the one in which he attacked the 2 Gaul armies parked in North Africa. He loaded his troops on ship #1, sailed it into the sea where it met another ship (#2) he then transferred his FL's army to the second ship and sailed that one to NA. Due to the miserable movement points in this mod he could not have attacked me any other way I knew this as soon as I saw the screenshots. This trick is due to a bugged game mechanic, too. But it seems I'm the only one who thinks it is so I took my beating like a man and kept my mouth shut.

His FL could only reach my first army. HE BROUGHT ANOTHER UNIT, ONE WITH 5 MEN IN IT OVER TO START THE SECOND BATTLE AGAINST THE SECOND ARMY He won but that one unit army was down to 3 men. Many mods and the vanilla game would have deleted that unit after the battle for having too few men in it. He had options after that including building a fort to save his FL. BUT HE DIDN'T THINK MAKAKULA COULD ATTACK HIM You lost, samar. TAKE IT LIKE A MAN

As a matter of fact until there is further discussion and a vote on whether this was the use of a bug, I'm forced to order a halt to this game so we can discuss and vote. (<Ithis guy)
    And people ask what is wrong with GS these days? ^Completely forgetting the fact that Loose is DAYS late to this discussion anyway and the issue is resolved....

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post

What does anything you said have anything to do with this clear autoresolve bug where the 2nd army isn't really participating in the battle?

I have no problem with a vote, but only you and Makakula are against until now, everyone else agreed directly or by not saying anything. But I do not accept you to order the hotseat to stop.

If you insist, or things like this keep happening, then I will leave all hotseats and probably TWC forever. I will not waste time in a place where I'm ordered around at someone's whim.
    Well said. I am of the same opinion.

Samar's Avatar Civis

Loose, I could attack you in a thousand ways I could attack both of your armies at once and still win easily (with my whole army). And I didn't start whining or something after what makakula did, I just asked if this was considered a bug or not. I didn't even care much, I would defeat him anyway.
    Last edited by Samar; April 12, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Nonorios's Avatar Civis

Lydia is up! save sent by pm.

Btw I think that this simple situation has been made complicated by the amount of discussion it has sparked.
    The question is simple: Do we want to play a game were diplomacy and long term strategy define the winner,
    or we want to play a game where players get severely punished for details like what Syracuse did.

I believe that the first option leads to higher quality gameplay overtime,
    while the second provides short-lasting thrills from such victories, that ultimately however lead to a more casual game play

In a case like this I believe that good manners impose that the enemy be spared,
    since they have erred on a matter regarding game mechanics and not strategic thought.

Fernandez_1492's Avatar Vicarius

how bout samar go back in and disband the 3 units, pass the turn and then have maka fight the stack. if he defeats smars stack, then it retreats to the ship and still get sunk.

I thought I'd log in and leave an update, anyone checking my activity: I will play asap, I will try to do so today after sleep but at the very latest I will spend Tuesday playing if I have to as that day I should have to spend freely^^

Now, let me give my piece:

1, a decimated unit makes it far easier to defeat a stack. Brokenly so, I tried winning with half a stack several times and got only defeats so it may not have been at all as bad as I think. Perhaps not a bugg, perhaps just a weakness in the engine - perhaps nothing. It is up to the admin or possibly a majority imo, both supported the action afaik.

2, Carthage can defeat that army directly, I did so but I chose to lift the siege instead. It's just that I will take losses if I do as a regular battle, losses should be taken in this simple strategy simulator of ours.

I also want to know this, if moving via ships to move further whilst being careful not to merge and thus gain free movement via bug then my turn is illegal. I do not understand what you mean, everyone knows you move further via ship than by land.

A weakness of the engine sure to move from a depleted ship to a fresh one, but a necessary and unavoidable one as this is turn based after all.
    I... I agree yet not, I need sleep to think. Loose thinks Maluka is being unfairly treated I think and thus step in as is his duty, to guide and protect. Though, Loose - you are involved in this and may not see clearly here much as I do think you intend well.

We are quite a few veteran players in agreement here and I think it pretty clear it is not as you seem to think. This is an exploit of a bug and illegal, enough said on that and a word of caution:

Invoking authority where people perceive you to not have it or want it, or when you actually do have none and cannot enforce your command, is likely to make you either a fool or a tyrant. Don't be either.
    I am willing to return Carthage to Maluka if that is whatever decision is reached here.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Shall I proceed by playing the turn or will it go back again?

Since no one protested, Egypt is up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfs8n8kgh6...%2032.sav?dl=0

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Im doing Hotseats and Lets Play Campaigns,
    check me out on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVA..._B_BC6YbudjfBA

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Samar View Post
    Loose, I could attack you in a thousand ways I could attack both of your armies at once and still win easily (with my whole army).
    Right, so why didn't you?

Anyway, I don't have any more time for this so I've asked my two known allies if either could sub and have sent the password on.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat

Bump

Tiro
    in a plane flying lightspeed from hotseat world to hotseat world
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Bump
    I have got file but I need more info from him on what to do and of course he can't check notifications till he's back I suppose, should I just play his turn anyway?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by english RAF commander View Post
    I have got file but I need more info from him on what to do and of course he can't check notifications till he's back I suppose, should I just play his turn anyway?
    I would say await everybody else, but it's gone on for around 5 days so out of desperation yes please!

Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    I would say await everybody else, but it's gone on for around 5 days so out of desperation yes please!
    nothing exiting happend

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdvyqp397o...ia_32.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by english RAF commander; April 20, 2015 at 11:23 AM.

Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Syria up

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

The newest - and hopefully the premiere - Total War Hotseat YouTuber.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...Y9Uf9dpAoUGa9A

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Syracuse up. Egypt, yet again meets the wroth of the Hellenic Navy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 011.jpg   012.jpg   013.jpg   014.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mac; April 24, 2015 at 07:53 AM.

Samar's Avatar Civis

While the tide of invaders seems endless, one after the other the barbarian armies and fleets are shoved back. Macedonia is Up !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NavalVictoryRome.jpg   TarasVictory.jpg