Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [--- ILLYRIA AVAILABLE ---updated 1st october ---]

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [Full]

The autoresolve for this faction is absolutely horrible. If I could play these horse archers in a battle I would have actually had a real chance.. now I can barely win battles where I have twice the men as well as quality of the army.

I've come to realize I can't do jack with this faction's units and autoresolve compared to that of ones like Sparta and Lydia in the long run (victory is impossible lol). Seriously though horse archers should receive a boost in AR. I can count a dozen real life historical battles where a minor army consisted of horse archers defeating a greater infantry based army.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah well I could do a mini hotseat submod to try balancing units stats and other stuff, but it needs to start a new HS, I don't think there are enough people that would join a new HS and also time isn't currently on my side either.

Samar's Avatar Civis

You are a sour man jemdkyl. I am quite surprised that others put up with you.

Anyway, here's a serious bug we found : Egypt cannot recruit ballistas or catapults. I really don't know how such an essential bug slipped through the tests :/
    In another hotseat, we decided to not allow other factions to use ballistas/catapults against egypt. Should we adopt this here, or is there another idea? :/

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I would allow that in the interests of fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Samar View Post
    In another hotseat, we decided to not allow other factions to use ballistas/catapults against egypt.
    That seems fair I guess. Can't see a better option anyway.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

I will leave this one, sorry all. I need to free up my schedule a little bit anyway.

I left Sarmatia in a good state. Faction statistics may tell different but anyone who judges a faction based on that is a freaking noob anyway.. I would play this turn and leave after but Sarmatia is in a crossroads right now. I wanted the new player to decide which path to take. If the new player PMs me, I will tell him what I thought would be best to do, even though it is a futile attempt with an AR like this.

What new player? You think someone will pop up instantly and take (one of) the weakest factions? The hotseat is on hold because of this, it's already very slow because there are many players, so you can play the turn or I will sub and until next turn if no one wants to take them I will turn it AI. In a month and a half this is at turn 6 and it has been going at a somewhat decent pace, soon turns will take a lot longer to play, this has to keep going. If the players are fine with getting at turn 50 next year, fine by me, but I don't think this is the case.
    Last edited by Vipman; March 21, 2014 at 05:56 AM.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

You should sub, 2 settlements to take. Decide if you want Sinope or to attack Heraclea and take Sinope another day.

Default Re: Ancient Conquest Grand Hotseat [SARMATIA AVAILABLE]

Ok then, but I can play it only later tonight.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Samar View Post

Anyway, here's a serious bug we found : Egypt cannot recruit ballistas or catapults. I really don't know how such an essential bug slipped through the tests :/
    In another hotseat, we decided to not allow other factions to use ballistas/catapults against egypt. Should we adopt this here, or is there another idea? :/
    Seige weapons make capturing a city easier, esp. in autoresolve. Once you have them you can take a city immediately. An outright ban on their recruiting or use would be better (makes it fair to the Egypt player). Then the admin would have to be more involved in the game, checking to see if anyone has recruited them. or all units would have to be shown on screen shots to prove they weren't used (even against the AI).

In favor of either change.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Sarmatia subbed, Berbers next https://www.mediafire.com/?azqhez4tqvxba9x

Nonorios's Avatar Civis

We could completely ban siege weps to make it easier for the admin and fairer for Egypt
    But I would also like to not limit the game's complexity and just ban the use of siege weapons against Egypt.
    Whichever you guys prefer.

Regarding the Sarmatia matter,
    I'm currently commanding the Berbers and I could easily start playing for Sarmatia as well. At least until we find another player to take over.
    Both factions are pretty weak and far from each other with different objectives and no real interaction.
    Also, they are small and remote, so I can play both in a matter of less than an hour.
    Finally, and most importantly, the Berbers play right after Sarmatia and therefore there will be no delays.

I also have a tight schedule atm but since I do have to get into the hotseat state of mind anyway,
    it should not be a problem to play a second faction when I'm on it

Nonorios's Avatar Civis

LYDIA UP!, saved sent by pm

Fernandez_1492's Avatar Vicarius

Come on lydia

Will play shortly, apologies for the delay

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

We should ban siege equip in this hs then.

Gaul
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwjO...EzMXNycjA/edit

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    You should sub, 2 settlements to take. Decide if you want Sinope or to attack Heraclea and take Sinope another day.

Traitor alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonorios View Post
    We could completely ban siege weps to make it easier for the admin and fairer for Egypt
    But I would also like to not limit the game's complexity and just ban the use of siege weapons against Egypt.
    Whichever you guys prefer.

Regarding the Sarmatia matter,
    I'm currently commanding the Berbers and I could easily start playing for Sarmatia as well. At least until we find another player to take over.
    Both factions are pretty weak and far from each other with different objectives and no real interaction.
    Also, they are small and remote, so I can play both in a matter of less than an hour.
    Finally, and most importantly, the Berbers play right after Sarmatia and therefore there will be no delays.

I also have a tight schedule atm but since I do have to get into the hotseat state of mind anyway,
    it should not be a problem to play a second faction when I'm on it

I'm in favor of Nonorios subbing Sarmatia(not indefinitely since we're only on turn 6), it'll save us a lot of time.

However, we should keep the position available for anyone that wants to join.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Syria up
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon