Thread: Mod question third age-rome 2

Default Mod question third age-rome 2

Does anyone know the chance of their being a third age mod for rome 2?

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Mod question third age-rome 2

is it not against you religion?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Nope,and i doubt there will ever be. Rome 2 is a buggy mess even after patches,and i doubt anyone has a willing to convert such a big mod like this to a game that doesn't work properly. I admit it would be nice,yeah but a lot of things would have to be changed,improved and removed to make this mod compatible with Rome 2.

Not to mention all of the textures and such which would have to be completely remade,Third age is a huge project that has been developed over years for now.

PS. Still no family trees?

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    is it not against you religion?

how so? Tolkien was a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfola View Post
    Nope,and i doubt there will ever be. Rome 2 is a buggy mess even after patches,and i doubt anyone has a willing to convert such a big mod like this to a game that doesn't work properly. I admit it would be nice,yeah but a lot of things would have to be changed,improved and removed to make this mod compatible with Rome 2.

Not to mention all of the textures and such which would have to be completely remade,Third age is a huge project that has been developed over years for now.

PS. Still no family trees?

that is to bad to hear.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

No.
    The TATW team is not active at the moment, and long long before that declared that they would not go on to convert TATW to any later game/engine because of the humongous amount of time it would require and more so the limitations about what can be, or is known how to, mod in later engines which would mean we would got a prettier mod but with lesser content than now.

If anyone will attempt to create a TATW for Rome 2 we will be delighted, but you find that then in the Rome 2 section of TWC, it's not here.

CLOSED

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

* Any moderation considerations are welcome, just send a PM *

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

look what i just found. lets hope it gets finished and is close to third age. I would love campaign mutiplayer on middle earth

Total War Middle - Earth!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Middle-Earth

mod for rome 2