Thread: ES: Vol.III No.4 Mod Focus - Ortus Romani

Default ES: Vol.III No.4 Mod Focus - Ortus Romani

As you all know that Medieval total war 2 is to be relesased in november and because here at TWC we have many skilled modders the mods will follow. One of those mods is called Ortus Romani which means Rise Of The Roman. This mod will be based on the Roman era in history and will have the the settings of Medieval total war 2 but the gameplay of Rome Total War. I inverviewed Kaweh K. the founder of the mod and this is what he said.

I have looked around the sub section of your mod and see that it's based on the roman era,
    Will it be historically accutate?

Yes, historical accuracy is our main aim. We will make it as realistic as the engine allows, but of course we will not implement stuff that will ruin gameplay - you can be sure it will be as historically accurate as possible.

Are you pulling any of the old features out of the text files, Music or images that run RTW?
    Well, for txt files, I don't think RTW ones can be used - actually, we don't mean to.
    The images (loading screens etc.) will of course be done by us. For music, we may include music which was used in RTW mods, if we get the permission to do so. We may include completely new music too, though...

Will Rome or Roma as it's called in many mods be contolled by the senate and will you have to take orders from them or will italy be under one factions control?
    No, you shall lead a unified republic, without the senate on your back all the time you will be able to make decisions that suit you best, South into Carthage? East to face the warring Diodachi States? Or North to tame the Barabarians? the choice will be solely yours...

Why should the people of total War Center download your mod instead of any
    of the others that are avaible?

Well, first of all, because it's the only Roman Era Realism mod for M2TW which is currently in development, right now.
    We have a skilled team, and are waiting for M2TW...
    So for everybody who likes the Roman Era, and likes realism and beatiful textures and a polished mod, this should be a definite download...

Will the Romans and egyptians be overpowered as they are in Rome Total War?
    No, we are aiming to create a realistic mod, but that doesn't mean we are going to neglect the gameplay/balancing aspects of the mod. We want the finished product to be a good as we can get it and will test the mod throughly before any release, with the aims of creating a bug free and balanced mod that is historical, realistic and a challenge, which ever faction you play as.

Good luck with your mod I will proberly download it myself. Thank you for your time.
    Thanks for interviewing me!

Btw, feel free to visit Our Forums, and thanks to our host www.medievaltw.com .

K.K
    As I and many other people are fans of Rome Total War in this forum I am guessing that this mod will get alot of downloads when the demo and full version of medieval total war 2 is released, I know for a fact that I will be download it as it sounds interesting.

In you want more infomation on the mod then either visit the Sub forum or there forum which the link is www.medievaltw.com.
    Last edited by Aleric; October 06, 2006 at 12:27 PM.
    "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why." - Bernard Baruch
    My Pics

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Default Re: ES: Vol.III No.4 Mod Focus - Ortus Romani

Thanks for the interview again! Btw, the translation of the mod name means "Rise Of The Roman" (Roman being singular, a bit stupid yes, but I like it...)

Edit: Just for clarity, the questions were answered by me and Perikles

K.K
    Last edited by Perikles; April 18, 2007 at 12:02 PM.

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Does anyone know any news of the mod?Have they begun working on the mod?:hmmm:

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Rodissy View Post
    Does anyone know any news of the mod?Have they begun working on the mod?:hmmm:
    Since OR and EB 2 merged to create an even better mod, and there's a new OR team wich will create an alternative submod for EB 2, the question should be "Has the EB team started work on it?" They'll first release EB 1, and then move to M2TW.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K. View Post
    Since OR and EB 2 merged to create an even better mod, and there's a new OR team wich will create an alternative submod for EB 2, the question should be "Has the EB team started work on it?" They'll first release EB 1, and then move to M2TW.

K.K
    Well EB v0.8 is already out.Will they make EB v1(And then move on to M2TW)