Thread: How to change city culture (from Roman to Greek?)

Default How to change city culture (from Roman to Greek?)

I'm playing a game as the Greek Cities, and I find it irksome that such historical cities which were Greek longer than Roman give so little tax compared to if the Romans have them (with the Romans, they have a 1100%+ tax bonus. Even Athens only gives me 450%+).

So straight to the point, could anyone please tell me how I could change this? I know you can add treasuries with a bit of tweaking.
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

Default Re: How to change city culture (from Roman to Greek?)

You mean the AI has larger bonuses than you? That's sorta to be expected though.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Euenus View Post
    I'm playing a game as the Greek Cities, and I find it irksome that such historical cities which were Greek longer than Roman give so little tax compared to if the Romans have them (with the Romans, they have a 1100%+ tax bonus. Even Athens only gives me 450%+).

So straight to the point, could anyone please tell me how I could change this? I know you can add treasuries with a bit of tweaking.
    Not sure what you mean? Could you be more specific as to what cities you're talking about?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Not sure what you mean? Could you be more specific as to what cities you're talking about?
    He probably means Historical Greek cities like Athens, Sparta, Massila, ect....
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

I'm just asking how you change a Roman Culture building to a Greek Culture one so I can get the 450+ income bonus. I want to add Akragas, Heraklea, Byzantion, Massilia, Croton, Tarentum (Taras) and Capua (Kymoi)
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

The greek culture building is the building "type hinterland_treasury medium_treasury" in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt in your Play_Greeks (0-turn) or Play_One_Turn folders. So if you want to change for example Akragas' culture building to greek you would need to change its first building from "type hinterland_treasury medium_treasury2" (roman culture building) to "type hinterland_treasury medium_treasury" (line 1948).

Thank you! I knew I was looking in the right file but couldn't find it. I found an alternative; I just made it so small treasuries give the Greeks the same bonus as greek culture, and gave the cities that.

I also added in custom titles for governor in locations. For instance, I added in Patriarch of Korinthos, Consul of Italia, Prince of Kynoi, and Achaean Strategos. Just a little alternate history. I made it so the Greeks are seperated between 3 major parties with some emerging new ones; Dorians, Ionians, and Achaeans. The minor but emerging powers are Sicily (who has control over the city of Rome), Massalia (which has expanded to Corsica and North Italy), and Bithynia (which conquered Thrace, as it fell to the Macedonians, and brought Sinope into its control).

I know I complained about the huge Greek family setup, but it works out really well as it branches off into the three major dialects of Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by sadlogic View Post
    The greek culture building is the building "type hinterland_treasury medium_treasury" in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt in your Play_Greeks (0-turn) or Play_One_Turn folders. So if you want to change for example Akragas' culture building to greek you would need to change its first building from "type hinterland_treasury medium_treasury2" (roman culture building) to "type hinterland_treasury medium_treasury" (line 1948).
    That does turn it into a Greek settlement, but the 450% income bonus does not follow it.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Euenus View Post
    Thank you! I knew I was looking in the right file but couldn't find it. I found an alternative; I just made it so small treasuries give the Greeks the same bonus as greek culture, and gave the cities that.

I also added in custom titles for governor in locations. For instance, I added in Patriarch of Korinthos, Consul of Italia, Prince of Kynoi, and Achaean Strategos. Just a little alternate history. I made it so the Greeks are seperated between 3 major parties with some emerging new ones; Dorians, Ionians, and Achaeans. The minor but emerging powers are Sicily (who has control over the city of Rome), Massalia (which has expanded to Corsica and North Italy), and Bithynia (which conquered Thrace, as it fell to the Macedonians, and brought Sinope into its control).

I know I complained about the huge Greek family setup, but it works out really well as it branches off into the three major dialects of Greek.
    If you want to add characters to the start of the campaign, give them the trait "Not_Adoptible 1". This trait is tied to the advice trigger that will pop up a dialogue asking if you want to adopt the character, and if you do, it will clone the character and you'll get CTD's. By adding this trait, the character cannot be adopted because he is never offered for it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father