Thread: Bad Trails Removal Mod

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Bad Trails Removal Mod

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of babysitting my generals. Any time a general doesn't all of it's movement, there's a chance of getting a bad trait. Well I completely removed all traits that give you negative stats, even if it offers positive and negative stats. However, I did leave the trait that gives you like 5-10 morale and -10% battle captives. Also, any starting Generals or starting Statesmen will have their default traits. So you are definitely going to find a few starting Generals or Statesmen with negative traits. If you don't like them, just kill them off on suicide missions.

I enabled the Female General traits and disabled the bad ones, in case someone wants to enable Female Generals. I enabled many other traits CA has previously disabled. Some are really powerful, but they're fun to have regardless and they shouldn't have been disabled if they're in working condition. I haven't done much testing, so I can't be sure they'll even work. There's a Victory trait I enabled, and I'm hoping it might show some kind of video, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

I also enabled the Won Eagle, Found Eagle, and Lost Eagle traits. In Rome I, when an army had a First Cohort unit and lost a battle, there was chance of loosing it's signature Eagle. If you lost the Eagle, you would gain the Lost Eagle trait, which contains many negative effects. The only way to remove that trait was to find it again. You had to kill the enemy General who took it. That was Rome I, so I'm not sure how Rome II plans on implementing these traits. They're basic % changes, so you might not even need to kill the enemy General who took it. You might just increase your chances each time you defeat the army that took it, or each time you defeat ANY army from the faction that took it. Time will will tell.

There are plenty of traits available even with the one's I've disabled. I'm also considering making an additional mod to this one that enables ALL traits and then just switch any negative stat to a positive one. We'll see. Let me know your feedback about this mod. Thx guys.

Compatibility:

All versions. Probably wont be compatible if you're using any mod that does anything to traits in this game.

Instructions:

This .pack file is in MOD format. Therefore you will need Mod Manager to install it or you'll need to modify the user.script.txt file located C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts.

Example:

mod "Bad Traits Removal (Mod).pack";

Download:
    Bad Traits Removal (Mod) v1.9.rar
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 07, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Default Re: Bad Trails Removal Mod

I made some changes. There were a few bad traits forcing their way in threw the original tables. I guess if you saved the game and tried to hire a new general hoping they would have something different, they would get hit with something negative. Hopefully this has been fixed.

BTW, I'm still not sure the Eagle stuff works.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 07, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

OK this should do it. I originally tried deleting the code but there were instances when the game would refer to the original tables. So I just changed the amount of turns it took for a bad trait to happen; from 1 turn to 1000 turns. You wont see any of these unless there specific Generals/Special Heroes that already have specific traits already attached to them. Also, keep an eye out for the Eagle stuff. I might work now.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 07, 2014 at 01:05 AM.

Link isn't working. Wanted to peruse the files you modified and test the eagle traits.

link is down re-up pls

K.i.S's Avatar Laetus

links no longer works.=(

Media Fire reports that this file has been removed.

Hi, Any idea on help with removing the " Likes Greeks " trait, I'm getting sick of this popping up to affect my culture I've had up to 5 generals with this pain !!!!! Any help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ragnar View Post
    Hi, Any idea on help with removing the " Likes Greeks " trait, I'm getting sick of this popping up to affect my culture I've had up to 5 generals with this pain !!!!! Any help please.
    I suspect that the best option is the one suggested by Bad213Boy, which is just to edit the conditions of it occurring to something so extreme that will rarely if ever get triggered.

I've found in the past that it's generally safer not to remove anything from a game data file, just in case it is explicitly reference somewhere in the code. It's bad programming to do that, but it happens.

In Empire Totalwar for example it was safer to make things like Steam Ships, Bomb Ketches and Rocket Ships stupidly expensive (like 100,000 each) than to delete them. I have a mod that has removed the light dragoons unrealistic firing from the saddle ability and have found that every time the light dragoons try to do it, the game crashed because somewhere in the code it is looking explicitly for that firing routine, and when it can't find it the programme has no alternative path specified. It means now that whenever I play ETW I can't train any light dragoons, and have to avoid fighting any AI army that contains any.

It would have been better simply to change their unit data and edit their ammo to zero. It would have had the same effect without upsetting the coding references.

So, I'm not sure what the conditions are for 'Likes Greeks' but if there is any sort of time or volumetric condition to it, just try changing it to something really extreme that will never happen. Like must live in a Greek city for 150 years or something.

+++++
    Ok! did a bit of research on your behalf.
    See: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-trait-trigger

Extract of post by crzyrndm
    Originally Posted by Event Handler/Master/Root
    events.CharacterTurnStart[#events.CharacterTurnStart+1] = function (context) //-- Function is to be called upon the event CharacterTurnStart
    if r2_sp_trait_all_likes_greeks_impl(context) then //-- Check conditional, if it returns true then...
    ---effect.trait("r2_sp_trait_all_likes_greeks", "agent", 1, 10, context) //-- 10% chance this character is awarded 1 point in the trait "likes greeks"
    ---return true
    end
    return false
    end
    So, the first and most obvious option would be to reduce the chance from 10% to 1%, but whether that would give the RNG function a heart-attack would have to be tested.

Another option that was explored in the thread was to remove factions from the Greek state list, but that could have other unforeseen consequences.
    Last edited by Didz; March 01, 2016 at 06:08 AM.

Is there someone who still has this mod and can upload it?

Laetus

Link Down