Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is a beginner-friendly faction?

Default Re: Which is a beginner-friendly faction?

Do you have some tips for Jerusalem?Which are their best troops and which factions should I ally and which attack early?

Any other suggestions for a small country? Should have decent troops also...

Or can you tell me which are the strongest units of Armenia?
    Last edited by Sloty; February 08, 2014 at 07:07 AM.

Dont you have any tips on a small faction that can become rich fast(rich rebel cities nearby or rich starting cities)?

The Nahakar knights are some realy strong units of Armenia.

Just try the mod out. I'm sure you'll find your own conclusion to be the most satisfactory.

And use the edit button instead of posting so much.

Yes I tried a couple of factions (Armenia,Georgia, Jerusalem).But none of them has rich lands nearby...

And i am sick of playing a faction for about 100 turns and see that I am so bad in money

So i am looking for some tips which faction can get rich early in the campaign
    Last edited by Sloty; February 11, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Then try the Abbasids or the Khwarezmshahs. The Seljuks of Irak wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Thanks am trying the Abbasids right now. In which directions should I expand, and which are their strongest soldiers?
    Last edited by Sloty; February 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM.

I think most of the detailed questions you have will be self-explanatory when you have played the mod for a bit, don't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sloty View Post
    So I just want to know which is the easiest faction on Very Hard/Very Hard? Because I like the difficulty but dislike the number of armies they have on this difficulty....
    As a beginner, why do you want to play on VH/VH? Campaign wise, the main change between difficulty levels is the number of AI armies. Without armies, the AI factions would not invade as much and the difficulty would be lower. The only other thing is a higher difficulty of diplomatic agreements at higher difficulty levels. Nothing else changes between levels, or does anyone else know better?

baradona's Avatar Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I would stay away from Kingdom of Armenia because their position requires a lot of work and good strategy for a beginner. I suggest playing as the Ghorid because they are in an average position at the beginning of the game. Also, their roster is very strong especially at the end of the game you will get really tough units. You will have too many Neighbors to invade and you will also see the horror of the Mongol invasion near you when they attack Khwarezmshahs.

Armenia and Georgia are tough. Neither starts with a really substantial city. Both are surrounded by potential enemies. KoJ has but one immediate enemy, as does the Roman Empire. Both have decent cities that can generate funds. If KoJ - early build of ballista towers in Jerusalem is a good investment. The same might be said of Constantinople - the Latins are coming! The Latins are coming!

Trade rights are important, as are merchants if you want to generate income. Build an extensive, professional army too quickly and you'll be bankrupt. One of the good things about this mod is that armies will tend to be levies, bolstered by a few professional units, especially at the early stages.

Also, don't underestimate the utility of chevauchée (economic raiding) as part of money strategy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12