Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is a beginner-friendly faction?

Default Which is a beginner-friendly faction?

I am a newbie to this mod.
    Which faction is rather good for me as a beginner?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Default Re: Which is a beginner-friendly faction?

Try the Ayyubids. They have a good roster and a very good starting position with only one big enemy (the kingdom of Jerusalem) and one relatively weak one (Makuria), also all provinces have access to the sea. It takes also a long time until you have to handle the Mongols, so you have much time to prepare and build a large army.

The beginning of Khwarezm is very easy and you start with a decent strong force....the only negative thing is you should prepare for the coming of the Mongols,but that would be fun judging that you are one of the first faction to encounter the Mongols.........If not you could try the Abbasid that can expand from any place they want and their land is rich,they also have access to water.
    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muḥammadun rasūlu-llāh

(
    There is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God)

Thanks!

How are the christian nations? Are they easy enough for a beginner?

Anyone please?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Armenia is propably the hardest Christian faction, together with Georgia, because of the starting position (surrounded by the mighty Ayyubids, Seljuks and Kypchaks). Byzantium has a passable starting position with many provinces and only the seljuks as main enemy. If you can handle the debts of 50.000 in the beginning you can also enjoy a very good roster.
    The kingdom of Jerusalem is relatively easy if you can defeat the Ayyubids. You maybe should try this faction at first.
    Makuria is also not that hard IF you use their light inf and cav right. Just annex the rebel towns to your east and attack Ayyubid towns quikly.

Can you give me some tips on army composition with your mentioned armies?Which troops should I focus on?

I really want to play as a christian faction, namely georgia or armenia(or Jerusalem).Which of those two do you think is the most fun?

Which faction has overall the strongest unit-roster?

Please, someone???

Campidoctor
    Civitate

All in all i think KoJ has the best/heaviest units. Only weakness is the lack of (horse-)archers, but instead they have very good crossbowmen. Use them together with your heavy cav and inf and the conquest of Egypt should be quit easy.

I don't know what campaign is more fun. Georgia and Armenia are both surrounded by strong enemies. Don't know their armies exactly but i think they are relatively similiar.

KoJ is Jerusalem, right?
    Which are their outstanding/best units?
    Which factions will they have war with soon?
    How hard is this mod in comparison with Stainless Steel?

I also want some clues to playing a succesful Georgia campaign.So which units to abuse and which enemies to strike first???

Which faction has:
    1.Strong troops
    2.Mediocre money from the start
    3.Good lategame units

4.Most importantly a fun and challeging campaign?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Just make custom battles and you will see all the units factions can recruit.

So I just want to know which is the easiest faction on Very Hard/Very Hard? Because I like the difficulty but dislike the number of armies they have on this difficulty....

Quote Originally Posted by Sloty View Post
    So I just want to know which is the easiest faction on Very Hard/Very Hard? Because I like the difficulty but dislike the number of armies they have on this difficulty....
    Makuria, the Christian black faction is perhaps the easiest. They are isolated from most enemies barring the ayyubid empire... but they are pushovers if you blitz some of their nile regions with a 'crap stack'. After taking their lesser regions they will allow a ceasefire leaving you to do as you please... Note a crap stack is a swarm of cheap units, which makuria can churn out in plentiful amounts. This ability to spam lesser units comes at a cost... they have few elites and only a handful of medium units. That being said if you ally with jerusalem (alliances are unbreakable unless you do something silly) you are pretty much set. Although if you are like me you will probably betray them and fight endless bridge battles mincing up their nights with archers and javelinmen. Another point of note is that makuria does best in bridge battles, where you can defend the chokepoint with your limited medium spearmen and bombard them with projectile infantry. Watch out for lines of supply, your units can only be trained in regional backwaters isolated from other factions

just go make custom battles and try the units,if not go make a campaign and cheat...all in all you are talking about Eastern Roman Empire and Kingdom of Jerusalem.
    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muḥammadun rasūlu-llāh

(
    There is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God)

Thanks.
    Which faction has few cities in the beginning but can get good amounts of money very soon?

Leonnatos's Avatar Foederatus

Try Armenia, they have access to the sea and should attack the Seljuks and/or the Romans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast