Thread: Mini Mod

Default Mini Mod

Sorry to bother the team but I am a bit unsure if you were still planning to release a mini mod or were waiting for full release and if so would it be PossIBull to get an ETA.Please and Thank You Peace and Love guys

Default Re: Mini Mod

As far as I'm aware the plan is still to release a mini-mod first before the full mod with both of the continents playable. I can't really give you a release date or anything on this yet, but hopefully it shouldn't be a ridiculous amount of time, although these things can take quite a while so I wouldn't expect a release any time too soon.

Thanks for your support

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Sorry about tardiness and all that...no brain sometimes/often.

Yes, the mini-thing is in the forefront. You're still talking about 9 factions though, which isn't so bad.

The hold up is really that we've needed to tear the game apart and re-order buildings, commanders and all of that side, so we don't just release the vanilla game with a different theme tune and graphics. We also don't intend to release it with tons of things 'borrowed' from other places (music and all sorts), which makes aspects harderer for us, but also legally sound.

Resources are the current work in motion. Changing available ones, getting rid of some and adding some, especially invisible ones. There's no intention of having a unit that can only be recruited in one place...take a province with the right resource and you can produce Mythics and flying units etc. Might be a little way away, but you'll know when you get there, and your strategy changes.

An estimate's just not possible easily. Things are solved fairly rapidly, but I'm not at 100% and that holds a lot up, but it's not a ridiculous weight around the mod's neck.

So, I guess the answer is 'as soon as possible'. The Mini-mod is going to be a lot longer by the end than to make than the biggie I think, as once the mini's set up and works, the next should be already in motion. I know it's a pain, but do bear with it. There's a lot of nice people here, and it's always lovely to hear from you all.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Keep up the hard work guys, im enjoying just reading the lore pages every now and then. Im currently learning how to mod, ive already got mapping pretty much down, but im having trouble with unit texturing and things of that sort. Id help if I could but im afraid what im currently good at you already have covered lol.

Hopefuly once im proficient in all aspects of modding I want to try and make a mod of my own fantasy world that ive been working on for the past 2 years. Currently writing a book that I started when I was stationed overseas, but im at a writers block.

Anyway, good luck with your mod Squeaks, everything looks beautiful.

+rep.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

how is this mini mod going ?,

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well...
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

The minimod is going very well thanks. It's very heartening.

It's a massive thing even for the 'little' one, but when that's based up, the bigger will in theory be easier too. Even with 9 factions, you're looking at a similar amount of work to something like a TATW, despite possibly less talent from me

Uhm....we're hoping to tie up some nasty stuff in the next two weeks. The campaign will look tons better for that, and start to play better. 2d is a fixer atm, as it's not being worked on (that can change v quickly and prob be finished just as quickly really). Units, as ever, about 95% done (or more), but I have found a couple more that need doing (tends to be consistently like that). Balancing up the faction rosters is hard at the best of times..which units are in, which out etc etc. From there, buildings are nice, the text strings are a little iffy from me, but hardly that hard to power through given energy and time. The unit descriptions are pretty much there. Resources are good, but need some models too. It's WORKING, but it'll come down to tying it all up eventually. Trouble is that there's a group of perfectionists here, and it's something that no-one wants to release half done and patch it in bits forever. We want to release it and have it very nicely so, then move to the biggie afterwards.

It's going onwards, and stronger than ever before.

well i cant wait

It will be remarkably exciting to see it released and hear peoples' views....I'm sure some will loathe it, but they're not quite what I'm interested in

It's 'quite' ambitious really....if we pull it off, then it will be every bit worth the wait I hope. Trouble is that there's a good hundred units to make still for the main one, or more. Having said that, one or two have been done...more than the minimod needs by miles...I shan't give any details of the minimod, but here's a rough look at units per faction for the main mod (ones in BOLD are minimod):

KADASANDRA 60% Not hard to finish
    EASTERN EMPIRE 95%-100%

WESTERN EMPIRE 40%

BANDIT KINGS 75%
    ASHAPUR 90%
    FEDERATION 90%
    SUN KING 100%
    ILDIRI 100%
    DWARVES 90%

LINDIRI 100%
    WOLFBORN 95%
    NAUGIRI 80%
    HALADIN 70%
    LAKE KINGDOM (Lian Elune) 30%
    THE ONLY CHURCH 40%
    IRYN THAAN 60%

PRINCIPALITY 80%
    CHO TETSU 10%
    FENNWEYR 30%
    DESCATI/GHAURCHLAI 30%
    SELEDIRI 95%
    RATS 40%
    ILIEN 90%
    RHYSTHARI 30%

Think that's it, but underestimated....many are finished but I have this unfortunate thing of making more when they are done...the hard ones are some of the little factions, but they have less to do anyway. The little ones may only have 10 units each, so a low % faction can turn around in an instant.

The amount of work that must go into this ... nice to see 100% and plenty of 90% done roosters ;]