Thread: Faction leaders and campaign leangth

Biarchus

Default Faction leaders and campaign leangth

Anyone know how long i can play vanilla Napoleon coalition campaign? Does it stop at a certain date, or can i continue into 20th and even 21th century like in Empire?

Also about the royal family/Faction leaders, can they die? Either in battle or by old age? Do new faction leaders spawn?

Default Re: Faction leaders and campaign leangth

In theory you could, but I couldn't imagine taking that long to complete one campaign as one turn is two weeks. If it was on medium or easy you would get super bored as the AI would just sit there, while if you were on hard or very hard they would attack you unrelentingly, forcing you to crush them.

As for the second question, I don't know, I have never seen anyone die of old age in Napoleon but I would assume its possible. But I know Kings don't die in battle, and only Napoleon fights in them.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; February 02, 2014 at 02:23 PM.

Biarchus

Default Re: Faction leaders and campaign leangth

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    In theory you could, but I couldn't imagine taking that long to complete one campaign as one turn is two weeks. If it was on medium or easy you would get super bored as the AI would just sit there, while if you were on hard or very hard they would attack you unrelentingly, forcing you to crush them.

As for the second question, I don't know, I have never seen anyone die of old age in Napoleon but I would assume its possible. But I know Kings don't die in battle, and only Napoleon fights in them.
    yea maybe 21st century is too far xD But i was just wondering if it had a limited campaign, o i could keep on playing untill i won
    Im hoping it's possible for kings and queens to die, and new ones will spawn. I kind of doubt it though, seeing as the campaign isn't that long and they can't die in battle