Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: WIP: HTW Real Combat

Apani's Avatar Senator

Default WIP: HTW Real Combat

So, I'm working on this project for HTW, which is the spiritual continuation of THP's project, currently on hiatus, based on Point Blank's RC2.0 Submod for Stainless Steel. Its purpose is to make battles as realistic as possible by calculating each unit stat throught their equipment, quality, origin, race, et cetera.

A practical example: Swordsmen Recruits wield 1H Arming Swords without shields and have Militia Quality, therefore their attack is 4+1-1. Their Armour is a Light Brigandine + Iron Pauldrons and Iron Helmet, therefore their armour value is 4+1+1. Of course, this doesn't limit to the EDU: it extends to many other files like Battle_Models, Battle_Config, Descr_Projectile etc. I'll include my own version of Point Blank's RC2.0 guide appositedly tailored for HTW in my uploads.

So, anybody who wants to improve the game's battles can contribute to this project, for example by doing beta testing or sharing his thoughts on any matter. I should be able to handle most coding by myself, but if anybody here with animation skills can help me it would be great.

Link to Real Combat subforum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...nt-Compilation

Changelog 0.1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Hyrule, Gerudo, Gorons, Zora are done 100%
    -Moblins are done about 50%
    -There are modifications for some other factions as well, but I don't consider them really reliable

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4...t+Rebalance.7z

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: WIP: HTW Real Combat

Fascinating.

I'll have to check this out.

Looks really good,but what changes have you made exactly ? Mabye some quick review ?

Apani's Avatar Senator

I've included some descriptive files in the download, with the stats of the units I changed and the calculation process.

Let talk about Ikana Blue Steel, What is it? Why do only Ikana us it (and it is not from Termina, because we see them use it before they get banished)? Is it better then normal Steel and if so how would that effect the RC rates of their units?
    e

--------
    "Honor, Wisdom, and The Freedom of the Common Man"-- The Code of The Republic

Apani's Avatar Senator

First of all, is it actually addressed as blue steel in descriptions? Because it could be blue iron, or some fictional metal for that matter. I guess I'll have to add it to the "Ask Neph" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    First of all, is it actually addressed as blue steel in descriptions? Because it could be blue iron, or some fictional metal for that matter. I guess I'll have to add it to the "Ask Neph" list.
    not really, It has no really name and is most likely not really Steel but "Blue Steel" is good nick-name for now.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Aroun View Post
    not really, It has no really name and is most likely not really Steel but "Blue Steel" is good nick-name for now.
    Sorry, but this is Blue Steel.

On a serious note, did you adjust unit masses aswell? I did an EDU overhaul myself and I found the most important part that added to realistic combat for this mod are the unit masses.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Looks sweet! I have a submod myself so I know what balancing is like. If it works well then mabey Undyingnephalim could just use this as his formula when he has to balance Hyrule total war.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

By the way did you give the dune archers their scimitars back?

--------

Apani's Avatar Senator

Not yet. I did not add those to their models because 1) Their animations is bugged anyways (and by "bugged" I mean "Flying Scimitars") 2) I can't get them to have the Scimitar sheated when they're using bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    On a serious note, did you adjust unit masses aswell? I did an EDU overhaul myself and I found the most important part that added to realistic combat for this mod are the unit masses.
    Yes, RC2.0 has that covered as well; I calculated different masses basing on the race as well going by how much heavy they look (I gave a small additional mass increase to all Blins as well to improve their charging). As it results, Mounted Recruits can easily crush Bokoblins but they will be arrested by Goron Guardians or Bronze Knuckles.

That said, I think I'll stop this project for a while to work on the horribly broken campaign.
    Last edited by Apani; February 04, 2014 at 07:54 AM.

cowsaresomething's Avatar Foederatus

Apani, does this include the arrow tower fix, so that rams and siege towers are not destroyed with 2 arrows?

Apani's Avatar Senator

A fix for guard towers has already been discovered by other users.

I admit I haven't tested it personally, but it should work:

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    I found a way to make the siege towers and rams not to be destroyed with 2 arrows and without modify the file descr_engines.txt . opening the file descr_wall.txt (that is inside the folder Hyrule/data) when you see something like this:

stat 12, 0, arrow, 120, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 10, 1
    replace it with this:
    " stat 12, 0, tower_ballista, 120, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 10, 1"

in other words, replace the word arrow with tower_ballista. the stat refers to the weapon and characteristics of it that is used by the gateway or the defense tower of each level of fortification (wooden wall, tall wooden walls, level 1 and 2 of the settlements, etc). I replace every weapon because I donīt know with settlement has with defense level. I donīt have a way to upload the file, and it probably needs some balance(maybe they need to do more damage).
    I'll surely include the fix in my overhaul of the campaign, nonetheless.

for the Zuna Crossbowmen, can you make them use the spikes on their crossbows as melee weapons instead of therir fists.

--------

Thatīs probably not that hard to do, as long as someone makes the animation that is.

The fix for the guard towers work, but I wonder if they are a bit weaker than they should. Well, much better than the alternative anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    Not yet. I did not add those to their models because 1) Their animations is bugged anyways (and by "bugged" I mean "Flying Scimitars") 2) I can't get them to have the Scimitar sheated when they're using bows.

Yes, RC2.0 has that covered as well; I calculated different masses basing on the race as well going by how much heavy they look (I gave a small additional mass increase to all Blins as well to improve their charging). As it results, Mounted Recruits can easily crush Bokoblins but they will be arrested by Goron Guardians or Bronze Knuckles.

That said, I think I'll stop this project for a while to work on the horribly broken campaign.
    Good call on the mass thing. What can you do about the campaign?
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

Apani's Avatar Senator

First of all I'm trying to compress "Unique Buildings" into already existing trees (Like making Deep Mines into top-tier Mines) to free some slots. Then I'll try to fix bugs and other annoyances. Those are the primary needs.

for the Zuna Crossbowmen, can you make them use the spikes on their crossbows as melee weapons instead of therir fists.
    Yup, but I noted that they still take the time to switch their weapons when entering melee.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Apani; February 05, 2014 at 07:18 AM.

O! This .
    "The Darknut Legion was founded on a strict code of honor and ethics, and so it has remained since the founding of their empire. The Monuments of Honor are built in remembrance of that creed and loom over the cities their are built in." - Monument of Honor

It could inspire the dishonoured to fight fight for the legion a.k.a. allow for the training of Dishonored and Doomknockers

And this
    "The peak of Labrynna ingenuity and work ethic, factories are large dedicated holds from which the materials for any product can be mass manufactured. A Factory can be built in any Labrynnian city to aid in massive construction projects." - Factory

could allow for the making of Mechs (and later Steam Tanks).
    Last edited by Sir Aroun; February 05, 2014 at 07:56 PM.

--------

O! This .
    "The Darknut Legion was founded on a strict code of honor and ethics, and so it has remained since the founding of their empire. The Monuments of Honor are built in remembrance of that creed and loom over the cities their are built in." - Monument of Honor

It could inspire the dishonoured to fight fight for the legion a.k.a. allow for the training of Dishonored and Doomknockers

And this
    "The peak of Labrynna ingenuity and work ethic, factories are large dedicated holds from which the materials for any product can be mass manufactured. A Factory can be built in any Labrynnian city to aid in massive construction projects." - Factory

could allow for the making of Mechs (and later Steam Tanks).
    great ideas id like to see neph implement that
    I shall consume... consume everything

Apani's Avatar Senator

Has anybody played my submod? I could use some feedback.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast