Thread: [CK2] [WIP] CK2 Enhanced Hellenic Religion

Icon3 [CK2] [WIP] CK2 Enhanced Hellenic Religion

[Backstory]
    After playing a game of the Old Gods as a ruler designed Hellenic, Sardianian count, and attempting to form an Italian Hellenic empire, I realised just how neglected the Hellenic religion is. The semi-reformed system it runs just doesn't cut it and leaves the religion vastly under-powered compared to not just the Abrahamic religions but also the other pagans. The purpose of this mod is to make Hellenism more viable in-game by adding a Hellenic reformation, giving it the same powers as other reformed pagans. I understand that this isn't in any way historically accurate, but heck, the DLC is called 'The Old Gods', why should one set of old gods be neglected?

[Features I hope to add]
    -A religious group specifically for Hellenism
    -Hellenic reformation (done)
    -A Hellenic Religious head
    -Hellenic specific events
    -Hellenic special traits
    -[Longer Term] Improvements/additions to other religions.

[Features currently working]
    -Hellenic reformation as part of the Pagan religious group
    -Some non-pagan specific events (borrow money from/expel Jews, etc)

Thankfully the modding required for the project is rather easy, however, as I know little about Greek/Roman religious traditions it would be great if you guys could post your ideas about what the Hellenic specific events/traits should be.

Any criticism/input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Default Re: [WIP] CK2 Enhanced Hellenic Religion

Just a quick update, I have added the Reformed Hellenic religious head, the 'Archiereus'. Currently it is a caliphate style title that is rewarded to the reformer, but I am considering making it a landed pope style head of religion. Can anyone tell me which is more historically accurate?

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I think it should be like how it is for Norse. The title should be awarded to the reformer. I mean, if you can manage to restore Hellenism in the medieval ages, then why would you give all that religious power away as a ruler? If the Kaiser had an option for there to be no Pope, he would have chosen for there to be no Pope.

Yeah this was the logic I was rolling with, cheers! It'll stay that way then!

Default Re: [CK2] [WIP] CK2 Enhanced Hellenic Religion

yooooooooo can you release your mod i am very interested thanks