Thread: Launcher Multiplayer starpos directory and AOR problem

Default Launcher Multiplayer starpos directory and AOR problem

Hello guys, tnx for reading this and showing interest to help me. For moderators: this post contains mixed problems, but is linked to startpos.esf, multiplayer and DME. I hope i havent put it in a wrong section!

My friend and would like to start a new multiplayer campaign as Austria and Ottomans. We are using DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 and everthing is runing fine.

Then I came up whith an idea to add more depth to AH army. I succesfuly added lots of grenzer and hungarian units folowing great Aldgarkalaughskel guide.
    I gave my friend the files I moded and even then game runs ok, no crashes.

Problem kicks in when I tried to mod startpos by adding new AOR for hung, aust, and grenzer units. Historicaly austiran, hungarian and grenzer units could be only trained in their own part of monarchy so I wanted to model this. In short for hungarians and croatians this is represented but for austirans it is not.

I folowed great Tharros guide http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ment)-of-units

If I add AOR that is already in a mod - lets say hungary for hungarian line infantry in DB that I created everything is working fine.
    Then I added to DB - key - expandedhungary , string - Hungary, Transylvania inregion_unit_resources_tables .
    I edited startpos ,added expandedhungary resource to Transylvania and Hungary in startpos resources_array like all other resources are added to the specific region. The game loads but crashes when I try to enter compaign as any nation.

I must admit I am confused which startpos do I have to mod, in which folder? ETW/data/campaigns/main or ETW/data/DME/campaigns/MP? Do I have to change something in scri pting.lua that is not mentioned in Tharros guide?

My other question is from which folder are startpos.esf and scri pting.lua starting when you select multiplayer campaign in DarthMod Empire v8.0.1. launcher?

Everything that I changed is for my personal use. All credit goes to mod creators .

Tnx for you time and help!

Default Re: Launcher Multiplayer starpos directory and AOR problem

SOLVED! my esf editor had some kind of bugg.. did everthing again in other version of esf editor and it works!