Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman vs Superman Teaser Trailer released

Default Re: Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor for Batman vs Superman

Its not their fitness or her muscles, its her built... She might be achieve a perfect fitness and muscle structure for her body type, and that wouldnt be enough to pass as wonder women. Not to mention, she isnt realy a good actress, as far as i know anyway.

11 posts deleted. I would like to remind certain members that in this thread no one is insulting Israelis or Jews here. So i don't want to see anything related to that. Doing so would be deemed disruptive.

lol omg who would have tought that wonder woman would be so controversial :p

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 26, 2014 at 05:59 PM.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

11 posts and I missed 10 of them :[[ Oh well, doesn't change the fact that Gal is going to be terrible

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

why couldn't they have found a greek girl to play her? I mean if your going with a pretty much unknown actress, why not go with one that is actually Greek I'm sure there are ones out there that look the part of wonder woman and can speak english (not to mention last i heard Greece can use some filming money)

Being Greek is completely unnecessary.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I've only seen Gina Carano in some bourne rip off B movie where she was the female bourne. I've never heard of her before, I only watched because ewan mcgreggor was in it, boy has he fallen low to have to play in such bad movies, And I bet plenty people outside the US don't know her. But we do know: hot though chick from Fast & the furious

Considering how many movies are saved from tanking thanks to the international revenue, I say it's better to have the beautiful girl from fast & the furious (of whom I thought was European) instead of some yank nobody known for a dumb fightsport you only get late night on Eurosport.

If the trailer sais: this unknown American fight star in wonder woman outfit and the occasional B movie you can order for free on Prime, or beautiful star from F&F in hot wonder woman outfit, then I think in Europe and other places, Gal Gadot would bring more guys to the theatre.
    Last edited by sabaku_no_gaara; February 28, 2014 at 05:07 PM.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

^^thinks that anyone cares about a F&F character not portrayed by Vin Diesel and maybe the Rock, Michelle Rodriguez (that might just be me) and the post mortem glorified but actually really Paul Walker.

Gal Gadot is not the hot "tough" chick from the F&F, she's the forgettable window dressing no one even realized was in more than one of the films. And I'm pretty sure she was about as memorable as Gina Carano who ALSO stars in a F&F film.

Then again, I quite liked Haywire and got a thing for fit women.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Being Greek is completely unnecessary.
    your right it is, just seems she should be Greek considering she is supposed to be an amazon.

It would be kinda like picking an american to play James Bond or a Canadian to play a mexican character. I geuss I'm just nitpicking now, anyway don't think WW will be very memorable at all which may be what they are hoping for.

Omg who cares where they from as long as they play the role...ffs superman actor is a british one for instance ( Henry Cavill) so you know, not long ago, he was on the list for being a new bond,
    He was great though in the Tudors a few years back.

Christian bale is also a british actor, and even Heath Ledger was an australian actor... they played iconic "American" comic book characters pretty well, in the nolan films, I didnt see anyone complain about them not being american... ffs Liam Neeson is from north of ireland... and he did great as ra's al ghul, and several other american type characters in tons of other movies...

And its not like Gadot couldnt pass as a Greek women... i think she could. Even if im unaware of her acting skills as of now...

don't think WW will be very memorable at all which may be what they are hoping for.
    And i belive that to be a mistake... DC characters are quite rich on their own, if they realy wanted to explore it, but they are less knowned, and the mainstream ones are indeed Batman, and Superman, even if personaly i find Superman, the most boring character in DC universe...

However i dont think thats the case, since Gadot signed for 3 movies as Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 28, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    ^^thinks that anyone cares about a F&F character not portrayed by Vin Diesel and maybe the Rock, Michelle Rodriguez (that might just be me) and the post mortem glorified but actually really Paul Walker.

Gal Gadot is not the hot "tough" chick from the F&F, she's the forgettable window dressing no one even realized was in more than one of the films. And I'm pretty sure she was about as memorable as Gina Carano who ALSO stars in a F&F film.

Then again, I quite liked Haywire and got a thing for fit women.

From what I can tell Han was a popular guy, and the Han Giselle love was also quite popular. So I think people will recognise her more

Personally I liked those two more than diesel and walker

I thought haywire was crap but then again I was expecting female lead nudity ( the description on prime hinted there would be some) and didn't get any so I immediately disliked the female lead because I felt cheated, I'm shallow like that the dislike will probably stay with me forever I usually don't lose my first impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    From what I can tell Han was a popular guy, and the Han Giselle love was also quite popular. So I think people will recognise her more

Personally I liked those two more than diesel and walker

I thought haywire was crap but then again I was expecting female lead nudity ( the description on prime hinted there would be some) and didn't get any so I immediately disliked the female lead because I felt cheated, I'm shallow like that the dislike will probably stay with me forever I usually don't lose my first impressions.
    why don't you just google her naked, I'm sure theres plenty of fake images out there. No reason to hate a movie because it didn't have nudity in it, some times to me anyway, implied sexuality in movies is sexier than straight nudity

Because I hate it when marketing tricks me into watching something without delivering, it's a matter of principle

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    So what? will you have just a grunt in a Film like this? i hope not... Otherwise there is litle point in having Wonder women in this film. And you are mistaken WW has her own story and personality, just like every single hero or member of Justice league, just because they are less mediatic, or knowned doesnt mean they are just mindless grunts and dont have drama pieces at all...
    What I'm saying is that in a 2 hour movie you can't have that many major characters. Take Avengers. It was always about Iron Man and Captain America, with a side of Nick Fury regardless of the ensemble cast that was set up well. Everyone else was pure support. Same here, assuming she's even more than a cameo. This movie is about Batman and Superman, whether it's Justice League or not. I'll be more interested in Wonder Woman as a character when they make a Wonder Woman movie.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

one thing I've always wondered when Hollywood signs a contract, they can nullify it whenever right without any repercussion? Because Lord of the Rings did that to Stuart Townsend:

he was set to play Aragorn, practiced swordfighting for months and everything, but two weeks before principle photography they fired him with no notice and went with Viggo Mortensen instead.

Why couldn't they do that to WW if she turns out to suck?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    one thing I've always wondered when Hollywood signs a contract, they can nullify it whenever right without any repercussion? Because Lord of the Rings did that to Stuart Townsend:
    Depends on what the contract says for cancelling penalties. If they're willing to take whatever the penalty is, then whatever.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I have been folowing Arrow the Tv show, its a good show, not perfect, but totaly worth a watch if one is into DC comic characters, ( i for once, i think had very interesting, and great casting in it) it would be nice if along the lines, they would intruduce the characters there into the Man of Steel universe, i belive DC and WB will want to seperate the universe, but considering the Wonder Woman Casting, and the tone and line of the Arrow show, i could totaly see the Arrow casting in Justice league movies.
    Green Arrow, Death stroke, Canary, Deadshot, and flash imagine that, i for one i think Manu Bennet is perfect as Deadstroke.
    Obviously if they ever do that, i figure, Green arrow and the flash would be the most promising contenders, not to mention a proper reboot of green lantern would be in order probably.
    And there was rumors that Flash will have its own TV show too, crossing over with the Arrow i figure, well at least the pilot is confirmed.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 04, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Obviously Antje Traue should be Wonder Woman

She possesses the typical physical attributes of Diana that would please the adolescent needs of the viewers (myself included).

She's demonstrated a discipline in training for a comic book action role and took it very seriously.

She looks like her. She's sexy. She's beautiful. She's intelligent. She's like the embodiment of Princess Diana of Themyscira

She's not a one hit wonder either. She was excellent in Pandorum.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; March 04, 2014 at 07:31 AM.

Rubicon i can see a glaring problem for Antje Traue to be even considered to be casted in this movie.. mostly because she played a diferent character in MoS already, kinda hard for her to play in a new character in its sequel.
    Other than that, i could see her in WW role sure.

Anothe actress i thought recently was katrina Law, She played Mira in Spartacus, and she played ras Al ghul daughter ( Nyssa al Ghul) in the Tv show Arrow too, she is very fit, and do or did martial arts, and dance as well, and she is an ok actress imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Rubicon i can see a glaring problem for Antje Traue to be even considered to be casted in this movie.. mostly because she played a diferent character in MoS already, kinda hard for her to play in a new character in its sequel.
    Other than that, i could see her in WW role sure.

Anothe actress i thought recently was katrina Law, She played Mira in Spartacus, and she played ras Al ghul daughter ( Nyssa al Ghul) in the Tv show Arrow too, she is very fit, and do or did martial arts, and dance as well, and she is an ok actress imo.
    I don't think very many people wpuld recognize her from her role in MOS especially if they made her hair longer and gave her the wonder woman suit. She would be for all intents and purposes be a new character. Its also has precedent in a few movies and tv shows especially, which no one really realized or if they did complained much