Page 1 of 55 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman vs Superman Teaser Trailer released

Default Batman vs Superman Teaser Trailer released

Default Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman

i checked the calendar, just to make sure. something must be wrong with my calendar because it is not april.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Not Adam West? How disappointing.

As long as they still have Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman I'm good.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Well I doubt that they will. The indication is that he is going to be Batman in the Superman sequel. Seems a bit odd, though. Introducing a new Batman actor and not doing so in his own movie. Still, I feel like it's such a strange choice. And wouldn't you want to pick someone younger? Someone that can stay with the franchise for a while?

Ehh. People thought Heath Ledger was going to be a bad Joker. It might work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

Indefinitely Banned

I am watching Batman and after defeating Bane I am sure the
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Batman dies

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

New actor aside, I don't like how this Batman is a "new incarnation of the character". What I like about Man of Steel is it felt like a counterpart to Dark Knight but obviously not anymore with this latest news. Still Ben Affleck? Michael Fassbender is who I'd pick for the next Batman and I dare say I reckon he would make a better one than Bale.
    Last edited by Shneckie; August 23, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What I like about Man of Steel is it felt like a counterpart to Dark Knight but obviously not anymore with this latest news
    No it didn't, like, at all.

New actor aside, I don't like how this Batman is a "new incarnation of the character".
    Nolans Batman was never meant to meld with other universes.

Fassbender is who I'd pick for the next Batman and I dare say I reckon he would make a better one than Bale.
    Well bale looks the part, but I could sure use a lot less growowewohdjhfshfdohajeworjeworjakjelaioera.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I tentatively approve of this casting to play me ( ), only because Ryan Gosling, one of the top contenders, was not chosen.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Well I doubt that they will. The indication is that he is going to be Batman in the Superman sequel. Seems a bit odd, though. Introducing a new Batman actor and not doing so in his own movie. Still, I feel like it's such a strange choice. And wouldn't you want to pick someone younger? Someone that can stay with the franchise for a while?
    Its batman vs superman based on the Frank millers comic The dark knight returns, we know this since their anouncement at comic con.
    There Bruce wayne is older in his 50s, batman comes back after 10 years or so in retirement ( wich is perfect to link the nolan trilogy it can work), Alfred and Gordon are still there but older. it makes perfect sense the whole aftermacth of zodd invasion and kryptonians being the catalist etc they can make a plausable and sucessfull adaptation imo.
    That said this is a film adaptation, i dont think they will folow the story strictly, they will for sure change alot of stuff. But having a batman in his 40s or mid 40s it makes sense, and probably desirable given the nature of the film. I think they can macth nicely with the fallout of the batman triology, and with the man of steel movie. There is alot of kriptonian tech lyaing arround, im sure bruce wayne enterprises will have a hold on that, as well the luthor corporation, (probably there will be a lex luthor in the film too)
    In the man of steel movie, they kinda hinted that if you pay attention to details.
    They anounced this sequel movie at comic con with this quote... from dark knight returns.
    I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come… In your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”
    and we know Zach Snyder already had and will continue to have talks with Frank Miller
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-8739894.html

Christian bale already said he will not feature anymore on any batman movie so they can go with him.
    Ben afleck is a good actor, but to be honest not my first choice at all for batman.
    Also 40 and 50 years old isnt that old imo. Robert down jr. is in its 50s and does great in iron man, and avengers, and will continue to do so.

I am watching Batman and after defeating Bane I am sure the
    Wacth it again, im sure he doesnt.
    He goes on living with selena, wich is more or less part of the comic lore. at anycase it couldnt be more clear that he lives, by hinting when Lucius finds that Bruce actualy had reprogramed the autopilot of the bat, and in the last scene when alfred goes to italy he is showned with selena. IT cleary gives the notion that he is simply gone, "retired" with a new life.

Anyway this is old news, and i think ben afleck as the new batman isnt confirmed at all.

Here its the WB animated version of Frank millers comic "The dark knight returns" it is faithfull to it and i recomend a wacth to real fans or average lurker fans.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 23, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

So which sign of the coming Apocalypse will this be?
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

You people are taking the Dark knight comment waaaay to literally, odds are the only real similarity between the comic and the movie is that they will sort of be adverseries for a chunck of the movie.

Also Frank Miller hasn't done a good batman comic ever since the dark knight returns, I dont want his pseudo edgy mixed with Snyders complete obliviousness to anything deeper than a puddle in a flat surface.

Snyder should stick to Micheal Bay type movies.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    Michael Fassbender is who I'd pick for the next Batman and I dare say I reckon he would make a better one than Bale.
    No more Commonwealth actors as American superheroes! Enough is enough!

Was gonna say British but there are too many Australians also. Canadians are OK.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

Was gonna say British but there are too many Australians also. Canadians are OK.
    Whats wrong with Commonwealth actors Its not like we havent got a lot of Yanks playing/played rolls designed around foreign icons ect.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Most of them aren't cheesy enough, and they can act.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

A poster from another forum made the point that award winning director Ben Affleck is gonna star as batman in a Snyder/Goyer film. Thus maybe Affleck can use his talent to tweak Snyders inevitably shallow and dumb script and actually make the movie watchable, and not a terrible mess that totally misses the point of Superman and Batman!

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

Holy Hollywood !!!

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

Oh yeah? Well we get a load of US TV. One or two channels fully dedicated to you guys imo.

I think the fact that Zack Snyder is at the helm of a Batman related product is a much greater cause for concern...

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Christian Bale was a great Bruce Wayne and a mediocre Batman. Overall it worked for me, but it wasn't like he was the best interpretation. Same goes for the villains. They worked, but they weren't embodying the comic legacy, they were striking out into Nolan's own universe and that was fine.

While I think the trilogy was good for dealing in contemporary times with contemporary issues like the war on terrorism, safety vs freedom, and so forth at the end of the day it still isn't the Batman I would have wanted, it was just good as the batman I got. It was "realistic" and gritty and that's fine, but not what I would have aimed for.

As far as I'm concerned Batman: TAS did everything right, and that's where I would draw from.

I'd like to see Mask of the Phantasm done with some sort of Snyder CGI heavy film noir extravaganza. Kevin Conroy as Batman. Mark Hamill as the Joker. The real deal, none of the BS imitation. Either cast them in it directly or have them voice over the actors like James Earl Jones did for Vader and have good physical actors who really look the part. Or do the Arkham Asylum Arkham City games as films. Something like that.

That's the winning formula.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Page 1 of 55 12345678910112651 ... LastLast