Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Hey guys, I just got back from wrestling open mats about an hour ago (basically once a week night practices from 6-8 before the actual practices and then season begin, to get back into the habit) and I washed up and ate. Back in the summer while on vacation with my grandparents I fattened up all the way to almost 170 lbs, yet them school began a little over a month ago and I've dropped all the way down to 157-158. It's solid but I'm a bit disappointed I'm dropping before I wanted to rather than putting on extra muscle for another month before the real practices begin, as I was planning on dropping to 152, which is just above 145.

Now, with my current weight my problem appears to be that if I lose weight I will probably be a. But small muscle-wise at 152, yet getting down to 145 is going to be ridiculously difficult. My main problem appears to be that I pretty much can not eat when I wake up at around 6 am. I don't know why but even if I'm a little hungry, which I'm usually not, I feel almost sick to my stomach and like I have to force down food, but then feel terrible when I have to wait until 8th period for lunch. I have no idea what it is that makes me have no appetite but I suspect wrestling back in ninth grade completely changed my metabolism and I've permanently adapted so that I don't feel the need to eat. That's good for when I have to drop to my lowest certification during the season but not when I am trying to build muscle during the offseason. It just frustrates me so much.

Time to do my HW. Yay procrastination! I have a dickhead of a U.S. History teacher too, so this should be fun.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Go up a weight class?

I kickboxed in my teens as a heavy but went up to super heavy as it was more natural.

Eh. A big thing in wrestling is being stronger and having better technique than your opponent. That's why so many people focus on getting as cut and at the lowest certified weight class as possible. If I went up, I'd be even weaker for the weight class than I am already. At 152 I'm probably just average because I'm a lot taller than a lot of my opponents so if I went up a weight class I'd be comparatively smaller in terms of muscle for that weight than I am now. I'm also blocked at those weights from starting probably as a lot of seniors on our team are at the higher weight classes and would probably wreck me.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

How tall are you?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Having so much trouble writing my review on Hideyoshi by Mary Elizabeth Berry. And it's due on Friday FFFFFFF! I just need to figure out a way to start this thing and I'll keep writing til I run out of jet fuel. It's how I operate I go in really quick short bursts. Hard for me to write things like this unless I get "inspired".

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

A little over 6 feet tall. I will admit it's not that tall but it's a lot bigger than most of the people I wrestle. It seems a lot of them are between 5' 6" and 5' 9". It's not a huge difference but it's enough that it effects the match. It's easier for me to get moves like cradles and I've gotten pretty good at taking shots but I think my ground game is hurt the worst by it. Being tall and skinny doesn't have the same effect as when a short and compact person is putting their weight on you.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

145 at over 6 foot is really damn light.

Well I was almost 170. But it's almost entirely muscle. I'm squatting and deadlifting low 200s with good form and benching in the mid 100s. It's only a little over 10 lbs to lose. I will just need to go back on the oatmeal diet in the morning and start eating more salad. Oh and I meant just under 6 feet not just over.

Patrician

Really? Why not get rid of carbs and other stuff and focus on eating larger portions of meat and vegetables?
    How do you think I lost 50 pounds in a year without working out regularly
    I'm not even skinny to the bones either though. I'm still pretty big although I would like to keep going and gain some muscle rather than lose more weight and become skinny. But I need to start working out more often than I do. I would assume the same works for your goal but just work out way more than me since I'm so damn lazy.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ive been doing a 5x5 workout every other day and after 2 weeks I'm already seeing results. I can bench about 45 now, up from 30, and I can squat about 35, up from 20. It does help that I already have a weight set at home due to an athletic brother.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Having so much trouble writing my review on Hideyoshi by Mary Elizabeth Berry. And it's due on Friday FFFFFFF! I just need to figure out a way to start this thing and I'll keep writing til I run out of jet fuel. It's how I operate I go in really quick short bursts. Hard for me to write things like this unless I get "inspired".
    Hideyoshi is 豐臣秀吉?! I never knew his name starts with "Hide..", why does Google show me a bunch of anime girls?

Dracula Untold is on cinema today! I'm sure watching it will help!

Patrician

Hide seems to be very popular in names. Mitsuhide, Hidemitsu, Nagahide, Hideyoshi etc I think Hide has to do with the sun maybe.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

You should know Oda, that Hideyoshi is my favorite guy from the Sengoku Jidai. I mean, I like him so much that I am wearing his helmet:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

BTW the reason that the Inkie and Derpy's Excellent Adventure Thread is taking me so long is that I just figured a way to get my iPhone pictures onto my computer (via Dropbox), and it turns out that alot of them are sideways or upside down, also I'm trying to be descriptive. Now I can do this three ways (hehe): the moment I post the thread, the entire trip is there, pictures & descriptions. Second: I can update 14-17, as in, update it as many times as there were days in the trip. Third, I can update it 13 times (the number of times we went to another location). What do you guys think?

Patrician

Wow you guys were possessed by samurai spirits too! ....What in the holy name of me, Kato Kiyomasa is huge.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Whatever you'd like, Derpy. I would go for the final option, personally.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Loveless View Post
    Ive been doing a 5x5 workout every other day and after 2 weeks I'm already seeing results. I can bench about 45 now, up from 30, and I can squat about 35, up from 20. It does help that I already have a weight set at home due to an athletic brother.

kg?

BTW the reason that the Inkie and Derpy's Excellent Adventure Thread is taking me so long is that I just figured a way to get my iPhone pictures onto my computer (via Dropbox), and it turns out that alot of them are sideways or upside down, also I'm trying to be descriptive. Now I can do this three ways (hehe): the moment I post the thread, the entire trip is there, pictures & descriptions. Second: I can update 14-17, as in, update it as many times as there were days in the trip. Third, I can update it 13 times (the number of times we went to another location). What do you guys think?

Getting pics from Iphone to Computer is just to connect the iphone and transfer the pictures. Much easier than dropbox. Also most image viewing programs have a "turn image" feature.
    Last edited by Påsan; October 09, 2014 at 03:33 AM.

What Hoobs said, imo.

@money yeah part of why I like the battle animations is because you can see everything happening at once. A lot of descriptions get confusing and jumbled or fail to convey the fluid and chaotic nature of the battles.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Ended up watching the Special from the 10th season premiere. Now I just want to rewatch a few hilarious episodes I'd forgotten about.

Like the one where the characters break down the fourth wall, walks onto the movie set and shoot the director with a shotgun
    The funniest episode in my option was Dean turned into a scary cat. I don't care what you say, seeing Dean break like that was

far more hilarious than the boys breaking the forth wall (well that episode comes second but still)....

Off note: Well off to take my History exam..... if I get less than a B I am going to be mighty pissed

Patrician

Where did you guys get the Hideyoshi helmet and the Kato Kiyomasa helmet?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Well I was almost 170. But it's almost entirely muscle. I'm squatting and deadlifting low 200s with good form and benching in the mid 100s. It's only a little over 10 lbs to lose. I will just need to go back on the oatmeal diet in the morning and start eating more salad. Oh and I meant just under 6 feet not just over.
    I'm around 13 stone(180 pounds?) and 5-11 or something like that and I only play GAA, if you're doing wrestling surely you'd be a bit heavier?