Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Well I felt bad yesterday for spending 12 hours as an overpaid traffic sign, bud damn derps, there must be some sort of safety net or avenue for you to complain?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Well at least you didn't sex any kids.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    Pasan, the one time my area manager observes me, he gets a negative impression, and I wasn't even teaching yet. I was just trying to prepare a lesson, but took too long for them. I mean I am new to teaching.
    I have no idea what laws apply in Taiwan but normally it is illegal for him to do that. He was supposed to give you a forewarning followed by an evaluation period if you were an employee, or make an official evaluation of your abilities and motivate his decision in writing if you were an intern.
    Frankly I'm so ing sick of the little ignorant who think that just because they became a manager they're suddenly God.

Also, unless the contract specifically stipulated "no refund", they have to give you one.

The best thing you can do right now is to pick yourself up and look to the future. The short amount of time you spent there has already given you another perspective on things, a perspective most people your age don't have, and that can be an advantage when seeking employment back home.
    Maybe it was not meant to be, maybe getting fired saved you from a far greater danger. Heck, maybe you will find a job in Japan, if I recall you do speak it fluently, right? If Inkus is there he'll probably help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Yeah man, that's pretty retarded. You have never taught before I mean obviously starting a lesson might be difficult. You didn't even start teaching your lesson? !!! Double !
    As a trained teacher (I don't actively teach though) I can confirm that preparing your first lesson is hell and the lesson itself is almost guaranteed to be a train wreck (or at least close to one) without help from someone with experience. Ironically teaching is not something which can taught and unless you are a natural you can only learn from your failures.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; August 19, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    I have no idea what laws apply in Taiwan but normally it is illegal for him to do that. He was supposed to give you a forewarning followed by an evaluation period if you were an employee, or make an official evaluation of your abilities and motivate his decision if you were an intern.
    I'm so ing sick of the little ignorant who think that just because they became a manager they're suddenly God.

Also, unless the contract specifically stipulated "no refund" they have to give you one.

The best thing you can do right now is to pick yourself up and look to the future. The short amount of time you spent there has already given another perspective of things, a perspective most people your age don't have. It was not meant to be. Heck, maybe you will find a job in Japan, if Inkus is there he'll probably help you.

If you do reapply for Peace Corps or Freedom Corps request to be sent to Europe.

As a trained teacher (I don't teach) I can confirm that preparing your first lesson is hell and the lesson itself is almost guaranteed to be a train wreck (or at least close to one) without help from someone with experience. Ironically teaching is not something which can taught and unless you are a natural you can only learn from your failures.
    Well I did try to say something like that I'm new, but they responded that I went through training (which was really only for 9 days). Another thing I wanted to say was to refute the area manager's appeal to authority, "I've been a teacher/manager for x years, so I know what I'm talking about." Damn I'm really regretting signing that document. At the time I just wanted to get it over with. Well I can only move forward now. No going backwards. What does irk me is that they told me that the main office already knew I wasn't cut out for teaching when they sent me off to my branch, but no one told me. Something insulting that they told me was that, people in training thought I was weird, strange and did anti-social things. But man, for my first job out of college I was going to get paid pretty nicely: $19 USD an hour. Too bad I won't see any of it, because technically I haven't been teaching yet, just observing. Also they kinda did give me a refund, the money that was going to be used to get my Working VISA and ARC card. Next job to try out is the government

A certain kind of person would sue them if they claim they knew you weren't cut out but still sent you there. The area manager sounds incompetent, if that was his main argument.

If you speak Japanese you should really consider looking for work in Japan while there. Their population is severely aged and they're looking for younguns.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

I might. Maybe I'll live with Inkie Pie and we will tag team post on TWC

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

But inqi quit TWC 4 evah to be a black samurai sensei in japan. He can't come back. The returning addiction would seppuku him to death.

Wait Inki lives in Japan? Why did I think he lives in Spain?

Lyra shenanigans?

I barely get the time to log on steam but me and inkie used to chat a lot over there. If someone sees him then please tell him that he needs to get his arse active on TWC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Lyra shenanigans?
    Nah. Inkie used to be part a local illegal street racing circle but after an accident he was forced to move to Japan where he challenged Tokio's Drift King (a Yajuza dude named Takashi) to a mountain drift race and won. I think he's currently pondering whether to accept a challenge from guy with a Dodge Charger named Dominic Toretto, who says he used to race with Inkie's former best friend Han (who was killed by Takashi).

Lyra can confirm this story as true.

I hope to god you aren't leading me on adrian.

Always

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Is Derpy Japanese? How does he speak Japanese fluently? You know you could use that for job prospects. If those ers fired you then you can always get a government job in Japan. Maybe join the US army and go to Japan as a military scholar. Or become an interpreter for the US government.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Derps a proud white Murican citizen (don't quote me on the white part) who has interest in anime. Though he prob can speak Japanese so he should aim for something like that

Off note: Finished the Imjin war mod, did not evade Korea yet due to being tired of fighting the Japanese clan. One problem with this mod is that there is TOO much settlements to take which pissed me off

Patrician

Yes I agree there are too many Japanese settlements and that annoyed my gameplay. Did anyone here get their game crash when they invaded Korea? I would march out to attack a city and right when my army was about to move it froze and crashed. This reminds me of another bug that crashes the game if ones units are in the extremities of the map (happens most often with Shimazu). If any of you play the mod and experience this problem please let me know so I can tell the right people.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I'll test it out with my Oda campaign..... after I crush my vassals again ( I made

vassal before I became Shogun so they have that realm dived attribute )

Patrician

Apparently I am a ing retard.
    So can someone please tell me how to make a link with a member's name and the name of a thread.

Many reps plox respond.

Check out this thread (go to Adding links to images/text)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...BEING-UPDATED*

The process is the same for images and text.

Patrician

I did it! It only took me 5 attempts!
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; August 19, 2014 at 05:42 PM.