Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saka Rauka Mini-Preview

West_Side's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Saka Rauka Mini-Preview

Quote Originally Posted by nazgool View Post
    Hmm, Sobibor. Why did you choose this nickname? Do you know that was a nazi extermination camp?
    To be fair it's also a village in Poland. Maybe that's where he's from.

Chewbocca's Avatar Laetus

On the other hand, some Saka tribes lived very close to Turkic tribes, so there is a big possibility. What I meant was that their language is known to be Iranian, and they were for the most part Iranian nomads (although many of the later Sakas had also had Indian and Greek descendants), and it would be quite absurd for the Saka to not have their own word for migration, since it was an important part of their life. Other from that, they (especially the Saka Rauka) probably had a lot of influence from the nearby Turkic tribes.

Where we got the idea of word "Kooch" being of Saka origin ? all we know its present in modern Persian.

Chewbocca's Avatar Laetus

I don't know, but I remember that "Karse" was the used word for migration in EB1.

Floren Said he found "Kaardaag" in Pahlavi dictionary, may be related to it.

Guys, I'm sorry but ... horned horses, these are isolated cases. And most likely either ceremonial or only for burials. It would be great if horned horse was in was only for horses generals!

Guys, I'm sorry but ... horned horses, these are isolated cases. And most likely either ceremonial or only for burials. It would be great if horned horse was in was only for horses generals!

Outrider's Avatar Foederatus

I have to agree with xeofox. The generals and a few men in the unit (of Saka Nobles) could have the horn ornaments on their mounts - but not an entire squadron… but hey, that's just my preference
    Last edited by Outrider; June 17, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
    True friends stab you in the front

Miles

So many times I think TWR2 did it for me after a good campaign, I end up here seeing something much more exciting. Good job.

You can find French translation of this Preview here, for those interested: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...-Saces-royaux). I just finished it .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by xeofox View Post
    This is M2TW, and thus units and mounts have different equipment. So it's not "all" with the extravagant "reindeer horns", but it's also not "isolated". Personally I think the mix looks pretty good. And do you have any evidence to back up the bolded claim or is it just an opinion?
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by xeofox View Post
    I completely agree with you ! hope they see this comment ...

his is M2TW, and thus units and mounts have different equipment. So it's not "all" with the extravagant "reindeer horns", but it's also not "isolated". Personally I think the mix looks pretty good. And do you have any evidence to back up the bolded claim or is it just an opinion?
    I'm an archaeologist, worked for 13 years in Kazakhstan and other Eurasian countries. Many graves of steppe tribes was excavated. Horned horses isolated cases and likely horned horses is part of the ritual burial! But, they can be inserted into the game, and only the head of the troops

Many historical (truthful data), but this closer to actual data (archaeological):
    maps from book "AN HISTORICAL ATLAS OF CENTRAL ASIA" by YURI BREGEL
    BRILL LEIDEN •BOSTON 2003

I might add...
    Archaeological material Saka haomavarga, Saka Tigrahauda, sakaraukae and masagetае hardly distinguishable (small differences).
    World of Dahae archeology allocated geographically, plus strange shrines (not confirmed).
    Wusun more sedentary people, burial less cultured than Saka. Wusun engaged in crop.
    Yuezhi ... maybe their burial in the Seven Rivers (Semirech`e) confused Saka Tigrahauda burial (only theoretically).

If you take into account all of these in the game may differ only by colors (tigrahauda and Yuezhi with tall hats) everything else is fine (actually)!
    Last edited by xeofox; July 01, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

hope the EB team read your comments xeofox,

Why do they look white? Their faction description in EB makes them sound like east Asian nomads

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

They're an Iranian people.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    They're an Iranian people.
    And to add up: Iranian = Alan = Aryan

Did the ancient Iranians look white? I know that Arab and Turk empires rampaged across it later on but it still seems silly... they should at least be slightly brown due to the climate?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast