Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

So, if anyone still playing this, how is the game after subscription gone.

I have only tested it in the beta, and i can say is a great game, not so realistic like Skyrim, but very interesting to play in elder scrolls world with friends...

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Not a lot of new content has been added since release. No new content is expected until (after?) the console release in June. Instead, what was there has been re-balanced extensively and character progression is being overhauled step by step. There's also a 'justice system" now, meaning taking stuff from people's houses counts as theft. You can also pickpocket and murder NPC's. Being witnessed results in a bounty. Stolen stuff can be laundered by/sold to a fence.

For new players, the PvE game is pretty solid, I'd say. I've actually encountered very few bugs in quests, for instance. PvP otoh is plagued by poor performance (lag) and a general lack of support.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Logios's Avatar Senator

I dodn't feel the need to pay an insane amount of money for this, but I will be back for the upcoming free weekend.

Lordaeron55's Avatar Foederatus

It is a good game, but like all MMO, it became repetitive and ends up leaving

Humblebundle selling the Imp Edition for 32 dollars. Yeah i bought it, i hope it keeps me going for at least six months.
    Last edited by gastovski; January 20, 2016 at 03:59 AM.

I thought I had posted in this thread, maybe I am just remembering completely wrong. I bought this game around Christmas when it was on sale. I like the game itself, since it is much more polished than when I tried it in beta (which in turn made me not want to buy the game at release). It is probably because I really am just into the lore of the Elder Scrolls. I haven't really been able to get invested in the lore or story of many other MMO's except for SWTOR.

The game can get really boring at times. I have really only played Aldmeri Dominion since my favorite races in Elder Scrolls to play as are High Elf, and Breton, and Altmer are probably the best race in the game for any magicka build. Anyway, once you get past Auridon you are literally just in Valenwood doing Wood Elf stuff for the rest of the story, and it is pretty cool for the first two regions, but after that I just got extremely bored by what the story was throwing at me. Not to mention the fact, while the voice acting, for the most part, is pretty good they use maybe 5 voice actors over and over... Like most Elder Scrolls games .. I definitely want to do the story in another faction. However, I highly enjoyed doing the main story ending. I felt invested with the characters they did a great job with that. Talk to npc's even if they aren't quest givers. I loved Malcom Mcdowell as Molag Bal, great voice acting!

If you are a new player I would highly recommend making one main and sticking with it, because the crafting is better to start early. Style motifs are per character when you use it, Research can take up to a month on one trait, and there is A LOT to research. Once you get to the veteran levels (which they are apparently removing soon) you unlock champion points that you get while you level. Which make your character(s) MUCH stronger, and the points you gain on your veteran count for the whole account. So it is better to get a veteran, and start earning champion points so your lower level characters get stronger. You can also get a bunch of addons that enhance the experience too which come highly recommended from people in game, I haven't gotten any myself though.

Overall though, the game is definitely worth playing, if you bought it on sale. I personally don't think it is worth it's full price. You can probably get at least 6 months playtime and experience everything the game has to offer, should be long enough to get all the traits to, or at least most of them.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; January 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Is this game still any good in 2018? I asked the same question in the Star Wars: The Old Republic thread as well, if anyone plays that game and has an opinion.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Is this game still any good in 2018? I asked the same question in the Star Wars: The Old Republic thread as well, if anyone plays that game and has an opinion.
    I dunno since I don't play it, but I know some people at AFK Mods are still playing it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

I'm not deeply involved with the community but I have the game and play it regularly. Since my last post here, a lot of new content has been added and there's plenty of people on the servers playing it. I think for the most part, the developer has stayed true to its word that the game would not become 'pay to win' and that money will mostly by you aesthetics and some convenience, but if you don't pay a cent, it's not like you're hamstrung in any significant way. I have to say though I do not really play the game competitively. I just like to wander around a bit and now focus on one aspect and then on another.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

All the content they added means nothing. No extra skill slots, no character depth. I thought about starting play this year but boredom is at highest level.

I still enjoy it, but mostly just for the story. There is a gigantic amount of story content to do, and while a lot of lore buffs say it's really bad since it's canon, I still enjoy a lot of it. I bought the Summerset expansion as well. I personally don't really find the combat enjoyable, it's different, but I just don't enjoy it. It feels tedious. You have to continuously switch weapons to use your other skills. You can build your characters however you want, but I just feel like the skill limit per weapon is just the wrong way of doing it. I have never liked the huge PvP in this or Guild Wars 2, but that's just me, you'd have to try it yourself to really know. The dungeons are alright, and have some cool story centered around a lot of them, but the combat kind of ruins it. It's not even that the combat is bad per se, it's just tedious. You have to switch skills on and off your bar often too for certain things or certain fights, change weapons in battle like I said, you'll know what i mean if you play it for a bit.

The arena PvP added with the morrowind expansion is also complete and utter garbage unless you abuse the system so you don't take damage really. For example wearing tank gear specifically to boost yourself.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; May 30, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678