Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Meh i will pass on this game, the more i see the more i want to play Skyrim instead... and i know MMos enough to know this one aint that worthy.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Just found out: Update for ESO is released (for me, 13Gb) and servers are up for while! Yahoooo...

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls® Online will be Free To play or Subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Wanna be a bit explanatory here?
    This should help.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I know what it is, i was deliberately ironic in what truthfully deserves 1st price for most cliche i've read around here.

EDIT: I take it back. 2nd place. 1st place is reserved for your new post.

There isnt free lunch, as well there isnt such a thing as Free market.

But what there is and should be is fair trades. This game is way overpriced currently.

Anyway people by now should already know to stay away from Lauching MMOs, for the most part they are always pricey, and always full of bugs, and unfinished concepts and inbalances, and not polished enough I cant remember a MMO that was good enough at the time of its release.
    They are usualy a continualy processs of construction though.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

Content Emeritus

Today should come final patch before early access day 30th March on ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    There isnt free lunch, as well there isnt such a thing as Free market.

But what there is and should be is fair trades. This game is way overpriced currently.
    I don't think its really way overpriced, but it doesn't look like a game I'd want to play. If it was I'd be happy to pay that price rather than have "F2P" games because there is really no such thing as a F2P commercial game.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Content Emeritus

Some pictures from ESO:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Can somebody explain me what the hell is happening here ?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

No clue.

But I do have a question. Why do MMOs always have the most Bull trailers?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post

Can somebody explain me what the hell is happening here ?
    It's simple.

They take the pretty elvish chick prisoner so she can rage and bust the Walls.
    Then the Berserker dude wants to fight the Big Bad elvish Wizard who sends his cousin to delay him.

I don't think its really way overpriced, but it doesn't look like a game I'd want to play. If it was I'd be happy to pay that price rather than have "F2P" games because there is really no such thing as a F2P commercial game.
    It is overpriced considering what you get... For cheaper you can get better games better MMORPG with more content etc. F2P are free to play, only in most cases you dont get the whole game experience, its up to you to decide what you want and where you want...

I consider paying a subscription and the existence of a cash shop anyway quite a robbery.
    SWTOr for example does this, however they give you cartel coins regulary when subscribed for you to spend on Cartel market, not to mention the nice thing about it, is you can buy everything thats on Cartel market anyway with in game currency on the GTN ( basicaly local in game market). They at least give you a choice.

Anyway it wont take long before ESO will change its model.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 06, 2014 at 09:29 AM.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I like it so far. It's not Skyrim, but expecting it to be is silly. It grabs my attention more than WoW or Eve ever did, and the fact it's new means that so is everyone else. You can't really get into WoW anymore because there's all these people in the endgame, leaving lower zones completely empty. Now, wherever you go, you've got people doing . Makes the game feel alive like I look for in all MMO's.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    No clue.

But I do have a question. Why do MMOs always have the most Bull trailers?
    I guess they are meant to trick you into getting all " OMGZ SO EPICZZZZ " and by the time you start playing and notice it's a game it's to late so just continue.

Well this is the first real MMO I've ever gotten. I'm liking it so far, and can get behind the fact that it ain't another Skyrim.

Game name is Bigglelito. Total noob for sure, but hey, I'm trying.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

I don't like even the idea of elder scrolls online. the TES games are not made to be multiplayer. They're always about ONE hero.

Also, it messes up the lore. Why hasn't the events of teso been mentioned in the in game lore? It seems to be quite a big event, yet people seem to have completely forgot it. Compare with the events of Oblivion and it seems even weirder. The after match and events during the oblivion crisis led to countries starting wars with each other, not forming coalitions. Why would dark elves nords and argonians be allies? Argonians have always been kept slaves of the dark elves, and the dark elves and nords have had major wars, and generally hate each other. After the oblivion crisis, argonians invaded Morrowind for revenge after centuries of being slaves to them.

there will never be another single player elder scrolls after this. Zenimax is owned by zenimax studios, bethesda is as well.
    A mmo generates much more money than a single player rpg. It appeals to the WoW crowd, which is much larger than the single player rpg crowd.
    It is a monthly fee, versus skyrim which is just one fee. There will be dozens of dlc for TESO, at the start of the game only parts of tamriel are unlocked.

Look at Warcraft III it was hugely popular, which led to WoW. But there hasn't been any warcraft IV, because wow still generates money. The same will happen to TES, because zenimax will be interested in money, not maknig good games, just like all other publishers.

And lastly.. its a mmo. Man.. there has never been a good mmo ever. The whole structure of those games make them desperately boring and meaningless
    Last edited by Spajjder; April 12, 2014 at 07:31 AM.
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder View Post
    I don't like even the idea of elder scrolls online. the TES games are not made to be multiplayer. They're always about ONE hero.

Also, it messes up the lore. Why hasn't the events of teso been mentioned in the in game lore? It seems to be quite a big event, yet people seem to have completely forgot it. Compare with the events of Oblivion and it seems even weirder. The after match and events during the oblivion crisis led to countries starting wars with each other, not forming coalitions. Why would dark elves nords and argonians be allies? Argonians have always been kept slaves of the dark elves, and the dark elves and nords have had major wars, and generally hate each other. After the oblivion crisis, argonians invaded Morrowind for revenge after centuries of being slaves to them.

there will never be another single player elder scrolls after this. Zenimax is owned by zenimax studios, bethesda is as well.
    A mmo generates much more money than a single player rpg. It appeals to the WoW crowd, which is much larger than the single player rpg crowd.
    It is a monthly fee, versus skyrim which is just one fee. There will be dozens of dlc for TESO, at the start of the game only parts of tamriel are unlocked.
    1) It takes place long before the other games happened, before Tiber Septim/Talos even existed. And nations form allies because they have to, not because they necessarily like each other. The lore is fine. It's true that it's odd this was never mentioned, but that is true for any prequel.

2) Of course there will be more Elder Scrolls games. What do you think Bethesda Games Studo will be doing? Just sitting on their thumbs making the occasional Fallout game? BGS didn't make this game so if this is successful TES6 can come out while

3) Zenimax is a shell company created by Bethesda. It's not some soulless conglomerate. Basically Zenimax IS Bethesda.

4) They have said all the updates will be free IIRC, they are included in the monthly subscription.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    1) It takes place long before the other games happened, before Tiber Septim/Talos even existed. And nations form allies because they have to, not because they necessarily like each other. The lore is fine. It's true that it's odd this was never mentioned, but that is true for any prequel.

2) Of course there will be more Elder Scrolls games. What do you think Bethesda Games Studo will be doing? Just sitting on their thumbs making the occasional Fallout game? BGS didn't make this game so if this is successful TES6 can come out while

3) Zenimax is a shell company created by Bethesda. It's not some soulless conglomerate. Basically Zenimax IS Bethesda.

4) They have said all the updates will be free IIRC, they are included in the monthly subscription.
    1. events of the first era, that is hundreds or even thousands of years before this game are quite thoroughly established. and also, it's one thing to add things to lore, but to add things that makes the lore of the other games make no sense is not ok. As I said, the oblivion crisis, which this game seems to have copied but exchanged with another evil god (daedra) resulted in much different results. The races didnt join each other, they ravaged each other. Argonias main enemy is the dunmer, why would they even consider joining with them ever?`its like the slaves of the american civil war would willingly join the southern side, and not just the very rare individual but the whole group. It feels very ad hoc just to be able to have coalitions in the game.

2. Bethesda is doing other games, which doesnt distrupt the cash flow into TESO. Perhaps Fallout, unless they make a MMO of that too

3. Perhaps you are right, I thought Bethesda was owned by Zenimax Media, and i thought zenimax online was that as well.

3 & 4. Even if that is so, there is no reason putting forth a TES6 as long as they earn subscription fees from TESO. TES will have to wait forever. Why would you publish a game that detracts customers from the other game?
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder View Post
    1. events of the first era, that is hundreds or even thousands of years before this game are quite thoroughly established. and also, it's one thing to add things to lore, but to add things that makes the lore of the other games make no sense is not ok. As I said, the oblivion crisis, which this game seems to have copied but exchanged with another evil god (daedra) resulted in much different results. The races didnt join each other, they ravaged each other. Argonias main enemy is the dunmer, why would they even consider joining with them ever?`its like the slaves of the american civil war would willingly join the southern side, and not just the very rare individual but the whole group. It feels very ad hoc just to be able to have coalitions in the game.
    The oblivion crisis happened during a time when the kingdoms were united under an empire. The crisis weakened the empire and it fractured, because there was nothing else for it to do in a period of change and turmoil (how could the races "join each other" when they were already united?).

At this point in the second era, there is no empire to fracture. The nations are already separate. They join alliances to counter other alliances, the same way it works in real life. The Ebonheart Pact specifically was created to fight an Akiviri invasion, then once it was repelled they stayed together to battle the other two factions and repel the Deadric invasion.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ebonheart_Pact

2. Bethesda is doing other games, which doesnt distrupt the cash flow into TESO. Perhaps Fallout, unless they make a MMO of that too
    They are doing Fallout right now, when they are done with Fallout 4 they will no doubt go back to Elder Scrolls. Bethesda Games Studios only makes open world games, it's their specialty, and considering how long it takes them to make one I seriously doubt they will start a third franchise.

3. Perhaps you are right, I thought Bethesda was owned by Zenimax Media, and i thought zenimax online was that as well.
    Technichally that is true, but you have to consider the structure and history.

First, there was Bethesda Softworks, Independent game studio. Founded by Christopher Weaver in 1986. Then, after making some successful titles and having higher aspirations, Weaver and Bethesda found some private investors and were able to create their own parent company, Zenimax Media, in 1999. This allowed them more freedom from publishers (Oblivion was the final game they had to get another company to publish, now all games are published independantly). Zenimax was not some EA or Activision or Sony scooping up a promising studio. Zenimax was created by the promising studio.

Also you have to remember that there are two "Bethesdas." First is Bethesda Softworks, the publisher for all of the games created by the studios owned by Zenimax. Second is Bethesda Games Studios, their most important developer and the ones who make the numbered Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.

3 & 4. Even if that is so, there is no reason putting forth a TES6 as long as they earn subscription fees from TESO. TES will have to wait forever. Why would you publish a game that detracts customers from the other game?
    Because it will be a huge moneymaker. I don't think Bethesda has any illusions that when it comes time for the next Elder Scrolls game in 4 years or so that everyone in the potential audience will be paying the subscription to TESO, even if it is a great success. Elder Scrolls games make TRUCKLOADS of money when they come out.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Because it will be a huge moneymaker. I don't think Bethesda has any illusions that when it comes time for the next Elder Scrolls game in 4 years or so that everyone in the potential audience will be paying the subscription to TESO, even if it is a great success. Elder Scrolls games make TRUCKLOADS of money when they come out.
    I also had my fears of this MMO killing all other game development ala Blizzard style, but now that you mention it, Skyrim made so much money (even more than some CoD games) that they couldn't possibly ignore the possibility of another classic TESO game.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast