Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect mod with a catch? :(

Default Re: Perfect mod with a catch? :(

I did nerf the bonus and got back into bathing in gold in about 20 turns. (Didn't remove it entirely though. Toned it down to 250)

I tried the roman campaign 1 turn also. Whereas in 2.5 I pretty much started out in debt, here the amount of money I have by turn 2 is 22 000 denarii. Something was seriously messed up with this patch.

Sorry for the double post, but anyway if you could tell me how to alter the roman bonus income. That'd be great. <3

Something's not right here.......

Can you show your Finance Scroll on Turn 2?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Alright, this time playing on hard. No money spent, but also no soldiers disbanded or lost. (I didn't also want to fight hannibal again just for the sake of taking this screen. ) All taxes are cranked up as much as they can be, without making the populace indicator turn blue or red in any of my cities.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After turn 3 however, I lost 2 cities(again, didn't bother fighting for the sake of testing), and whether because of that or the way the economy works, my treasury was reduced to - 4 denarii.

This is a good sign in any case.

I'm glad I was too quick to judge the way this economy works, at least for the Romans. Kind of makes me sad that I deleted my previous campaign in rage because of my own prejudices. The Scythian campaign however I tested thoroughly and the bonus is definitely game breaking, without further conquests hindering anything.

EDIT:

Though, are you absolutely positive that playing the game on VH is bugged? I googled that and people claim it's a myth. In the Scythian campaign I have the exact same income regardless of the difficulty, and well, same thing goes for Romans from what I can gather.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; February 04, 2014 at 07:08 AM.

So it's true after all. I will definitely take your word for it.

Me - I'm taking apple's word - but he did get it from 'the horse's mouth'.

As to your economy - with Taxes cranked up to the highest that looks about right - for you aren't building anything and some of those buildings are rather expensive! Equally with the Taxes that high, then many of your settlements will not grow much, if at all.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Uhhh 10k denarii a turn is like one stack of decent troops, that won't get you very far against macedon/dacia. Just get in a war and you will find that you can't get enough of the stuff.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kirasy View Post
    Uhhh 10k denarii a turn is like one stack of decent troops, that won't get you very far against macedon/dacia. Just get in a war and you will find that you can't get enough of the stuff.
    Build a few forts at choke points, man them with one pleb unit to buy yourself some more time, retrain one of your stacks so you have atleast one kickass stack,
    slowy you will reverse the situation in your favor

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Build a few forts at choke points, man them with one pleb unit to buy yourself some more time, retrain one of your stacks so you have atleast one kickass stack,
    slowy you will reverse the situation in your favor
    I refuse to use forts I find they are far too strong for the low amount it cost to build one. I personally would like to see them cost 30k+ denarii but to each his own. Also man places require many forts to defend and then it becomes quite inconvenient.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

The idea is to buy yourself some more time, because as you say you only have 10k denari, a fort at a choke point manned wth one pleb unit will take 3-4 turns to overcome you are not going to defend it you are going to sacrifice it think of it as like the 300 at Thermopylae ( which by the way was actually 7000 spatans and greeks ) but I degress trying to save there empire through an honoable sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    The idea is to buy yourself some more time, because as you say you only have 10k denari, a fort at a choke point manned wth one pleb unit will take 3-4 turns to overcome you are not going to defend it you are going to sacrifice it think of it as like the 300 at Thermopylae ( which by the way was actually 7000 spatans and greeks ) but I degress trying to save there empire through an honoable sacrifice.
    I think being given 3-4 turns turns for such a cheap price is overpowered. Also only 300 of them were Spartans, there contributions were negligible.

Frequently you don't have to. In fact, some of the best ways to block open areas is to put them along the path.

Because the AI just runs along the road, and gets caught in the fort ZOC and then stops there...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12