Thread: Anyone have this issue?

Foederatus

Default Anyone have this issue?

I was playing a Roman save, everything was going well , I was holding my own with my Marian army, and making plans for the future of my Empire. Then a couple of days ago when I loaded it up, it crashed before loading. I did notice I had some issues with recruiting Praetorians and thought I just needed to build something in Rome. I can load up the start screen, continue game and it gets to the loading screen, it starts loading, changed the music score on the loading screen and then crashes as soon as it reaches 100%. I have tried to load it on different days, different graphic groupings and nothing works. Any solutions or will I have to start again?, also does anybody know what could cause it?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Anyone have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by AustSaint View Post
    I was playing a Roman save, everything was going well , I was holding my own with my Marian army, and making plans for the future of my Empire. Then a couple of days ago when I loaded it up, it crashed before loading. I did notice I had some issues with recruiting Praetorians and thought I just needed to build something in Rome. I can load up the start screen, continue game and it gets to the loading screen, it starts loading, changed the music score on the loading screen and then crashes as soon as it reaches 100%. I have tried to load it on different days, different graphic groupings and nothing works. Any solutions or will I have to start again?, also does anybody know what could cause it?
    Now that you mention it... Yes. Not too long ago either. Complete reinstall fixed it for me. Just back up your saves so you don't need to start over

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

RTW installs have been known to just....die. I don't know why, but I've had several do exactly what you are talking about. It could be due to a crash that corrupted a key file somewhere, or a hard disk write error, or disk fragmentation, or a lot of things. But as Greymane said, just reinstall and copy your saves into the new install and you should be fine.

Oh, and by the way, I have complete installs of RTW version 1.5, and Rome Barbarian Invasion backed up in several places. Thumb drives are cheap. So if I lose an install or want a new one, it takes just a few minutes to copy the whole install into a directory and away you go.
    Last edited by dvk901; January 28, 2014 at 07:50 AM.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Foederatus

Thanks for the advice, after going back home for three weeks I actually got around to following your advice. The problem is that the same thing still happens, exactly as I described in my initial post. So should I give? think of it as a dead save and start again? What other options are there? I can start again but I am a little concerned that this will happen in my new save. If anybody has any other advice, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

It's a dead save man.
    Start fresh and just make sure to make backups of everything.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Foederatus

Thanks, I do love this mod, best I have played.

Quote Originally Posted by AustSaint View Post
    Thanks, I do love this mod, best I have played.
    Of course it is the best.. RS forever...........
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

also save plenty. i make a new savefile every turn. do not use autosave.