Thread: ACW Start Up Crashing Problem, please help!

Icon5 ACW Start Up Crashing Problem, please help!

Before I start with what has been happening, I just want to say Ive been checking various boards to help fix the problem and haven't found anything yet, which is why I am finally breaking down posting a new thread. I have Empire: Total War through Steam, but own the disks as well. I installed the 3.4 mod and successfully had it play once, when I went back to start it up the next day, it seems to crash once I get into the main menu and either start a new campaign or try to load the old one. I have redownloaded and reinstalled the program numerous times with no luck. Ive checked the files on steam to make sure their all ok, as well as check the files from the mods opening screen. Nothing has seemed to work. Can someone please give me some advice? Ive read from many others who have had the same problem with no luck. Look forward to hearing from anyone, I played once and got addicted, so Im dying to play again. Thanks!

Default Re: ACW Start Up Crashing Problem, please help!

Have you tried uninstalling and re installing Empire?

Well it starting working again the second I posted this actually, however, Ive had a few problems with the game crashing during battles. Some go the distance, some don't, but as of right now it seems I am stuck in one battle that I cant get through without it crashing. Im not quite sure why. I lowered the graphics once to see if it would help, I thought it did, but now after a few battles it has started crashing again.

I think it may have something to do with the graphic settings, theyre all on high and I thought I had them on medium

trying to post a picture from a battle...fail

It is possible some battles just,Crash with no real reason. Has happened to me several times on a huge number of variables. Overheating,bad save,corrupt file/script,and so on. My best answer is auto resolve on surely won battles,and don't be too hasty on others. But have you tried completely uninstalling everything including empire,and reinstalling it all? It's helped me several times.