Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL[HS DBM] The Barbarian Invasion

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default FULL[HS DBM] The Barbarian Invasion

The Barbarian Invasion
    To take part in this campaign you must have the mod De Bello Mundi Installed. Download links and instructions can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...De-Bello-Mundi

The Red Line is the Campaign Border You may not cross this with any unit.

Victory/Defeat Conditions
    1) Hold the most Regions by Turn 100
    2) Have all remaining Factions Declare you as the one True power and surrender to your rule becoming either a Vassal or Declaring complete surrender and leaving the HS entirely.
    3) Simply Destroy all other Factions

1) You will lose if your nation is destroyed. Obvious, i know

The Factions
    Admin Vipman

Britons- tavix Eliminated turn 19
    Germans-
    Fernandez_1492
    Romans-
    Vipman

Thracians- Macrath
    Gauls-
    Loose Cannon
    Celtiberians-
    ebs

New Rule updated 3/11/2014- it's not allowed to use siege units to directly assault cities neither on human or AI factions
    Rules
    Battles
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshot required for all battles against human players displaying odds (Not necessary for overwhelming odds), and result of battle. Armies involved in battle must be shown in screenshots with banners visible and also unit card of ballista/catapult used to assault the city.
    - You are not allowed to move armies next turn if they were defeated by a player that comes after you in turn order. (Basically all defeated armies can not move 1 turn)
    - Prisoners cannot be ransomed after battle. Release or execute.
    - Heroic victories are not allowed, unless a clear victory cannot be obtained and admin approval is given.
    - Not allowed to draw out army from ambushing position by attacking it with 1 unit army.
    Naval
    - Ships cannot be attacked in ports. Ships in ports cannot contain land troops.
    - Ships cannot leave a blockaded port until the blockade is broken. This counts only for naval blockade.
    - Demolishing a port to get around the previous rule isn't allowed, you must wait until the following turn before moving ships stationed in the blockaded port.
    - Not allowed to bypass an enemy ZoC with land armies by using fleet bug.
    Sieges
    - Ballista can assault wooden walls, catapult required to assault city with stone walls or higher.
    - You cannot sally out when facing certain defeat for any reason such as denying the attacker the option to sack/exterminate or luring him/her in a trap.
    - You cannot besiege a settlement solely to deny the besieged army from participating in battles (with enemy forces next to the settlement).
    - Sieging with a clearly inferior force (such as to deny trade/recruitment/...) is forbidden.

Expeditions/Invasions Allowed:
    - Only one stack per faction can participate.
    - Cannot attack same cultured faction through tricks (by abandoning Invasion, attacking, and then rejoining for example. Or by going near and then attacking with another army.).

Agents
    - Assassins limited at 2 per faction, and +1 for every 12 regions owned. No sabotage. Assassins can only kill agents, family members/generals/princesses not allowed. They require 50% chance
    - A Spy can enter a settlement only if he has at least 60% chance.
    - Spies can open gates only if there are 5 or less units inside
    - Spies aren't allowed to spread plague.
    - Bribing allowed.
    - Merchants can seize other merchants, minimum chance required: 50%.

AI factions & Diplomacy
    - No gifting provinces in war zone (regions sharing a land border with an enemy faction)
    - No money gain allowed through diplomacy with AI factions.
    - Minimum chances and restrictions of agents do not apply to actions against AI factions.
    - Gifting settlements is allowed, but spawned troops must be disbanded except for one unit. This unit cannot move the turn of accepting the gifted settlement.
    - Not allowed to suicide your faction by giving away money, regions etc
    - Any new player taking command of a faction previously held by another player cannot attack a faction he's officially allied with for at least 5 turns, or until the allies of that faction break the deal.

Forting and watchtowers
    - Only 1 fort per region per faction allowed
    - Not allowed to place watchtowers to prevent forting.

Destroying buildings & Exterminate
    - No destroying buildings when settlement is under siege
    - No destroying wonders
    - Exterminating not allowed!

Exploits (+ any other that I can't think of but is obvious)
    - Indirectly breaking sieges or port blockades by alliance with factions allied to the enemy faction (turning them neutral) not allowed.
    - Merchant stacks not allowed (placing several merchants in an army or fort/military-unit securing a resource).
    - You cannot kill agents by surrounding them with troops.
    - No surrounding of an army solely to deny a retreat.
    - Luring ambushers into ZoC of forts\settlement solely to deny them movement is forbidden.
    - No usage of various movement bugs allowed.
    - No repeated attacks on 'yoyo/fort buged armies'.

General
    - 24h to play your turn, though you may ask for an extension (not more than 12h) or someone to sub.
    - Notify next player of his turn. Use private message instead if requested by the player.
    - Original moves must be kept when replaying turns, especially if they involve battles versus other players. The factions which were the reason of the replay, can move forces involved freely, but other battles must be done as in the original save.

No Hostile acts against other human factions on the first turn
    . This Includes Crossing into another players borders with either military units or Agents.

When discrepancies will arise or aspects not covered by the rules above, the Admin on its own discretion will rule out about such cases.
    If you believe someone might have broken the rules, you should not post it publicly! Pm the admin who will then investigate the matter.
    If the breaking of the rules is confirmed, then it'll be the admin to report it publicly along with the appropriate fine/punishment.

the rules are subject to change so feel free to comment on what needs to be changed/added/removed.

Last edited by Loose Cannon; July 20, 2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: update player list

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ROME-Rise and Fall os an Empire. A De BEllo Mundi HotSeat Campaign

Since I havent played this much.... Gauls pour moi, thanks

Default Re: ROME-Rise and Fall os an Empire. A De BEllo Mundi HotSeat Campaign

Gauls are all yours

Default Re: ROME-Rise and Fall of an Empire. A De Bello Mundi HotSeat Campaign

I would like to take Carthage

ebs's Avatar Centenarius

Egyptians for me

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Macrath, you're gonna make me fail my exams. Stop it.

I haven't downloaded this yet but I'll take Romans. It sounds awesome.

Freaking 3GB? That's more than SS.. I need to know some details though. Is the map like in Europa Barbarorum? Gauls are divided into 2 tribes? Also Rome should have enough strength to fight on two fronts no? How strong are they? It needs to stay true to history.
    Last edited by jemdkyl; January 25, 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Realised I am going to have to pull out of this, sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    Macrath, you're gonna make me fail my exams. Stop it.

I haven't downloaded this yet but I'll take Romans. It sounds awesome.

Freaking 3GB? That's more than SS.. I need to know some details though. Is the map like in Europa Barbarorum? Gauls are divided into 2 tribes? Also Rome should have enough strength to fight on two fronts no? How strong are they? It needs to stay true to history.
    . I have only played a couple factions for a full campaign and only 1 HotSeat with two of my friends, as i only learned about this mod a few months back and have been more into HotSeat multiplayer lately, as i am sure you can see
    I will give you what info i can on the mod from my experience with it.

First, to answer your questions. Gaul is one faction and is quite strong. Rome is quite powerful also, but depending on who attacks you you may not withstand war on two fronts, but that all really depends on the other players skill, how well you manage yourself and what alliances you have made with other players, but yes in many instances they can withstand assaults on multiple fronts.

In Fact all factions in this campaign are all very powerful, Macedonia being the clear underdog at the start of the campaign. Also the way De Bello Mundi's economy and military structure works, if you mange your economy and forces well enough you field many capable forces which allow you to defend multiple fronts quite easily.
    I have found all factions, although having their own unique unit rosters, are quite well balanced and war is always waged on a truly epic scale.
    One thing to keep in mind(which i will update in the main post) is that the AI factions in De Bello Mundi are passive for the first 30 turns and will not wage war until after the first 30 turns are up, or if they are attacked by a player. I find this allows for a unique HotSeat as players are more easily able to choose which AI factions they want as enemies and which they want as allies. Also this allows the AI time to make alliances with one another and amass proper military forces. But most importantly the passive AI allows for more focus to be placed on the PlayerVsPlayer aspect of the HotSeat(And thats what it's all about in the end really).

Also it's been quite some time since i played much Europa Barbarorum so i can not comment with any accuracy on the similarities between the two mods. And the 3GB file size comes from the many many scripts, much like SS this game runs very slow in between turns, but it offers 3 different options to allow you to customize how many of the scripts will be running, Lite, Medium, and full.

Also i am considering using the Little Mod sub mod by Goth located here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...349-Little-mod
    I have not tried it yet, but from the description it may improve the HotSeat experience, and will give Rome the boost i think they need.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

What? Rome is not a begging faction, I should be capable of keeping the Gauls at bay while destroying Carthage and handling a Macedonian rebellion in Greece. All that should happen. I don't want to rely on "pls don't attack me" tactics to play Rome, it is out of character for the faction. Anyway I will play Rome regardless and do my best.

Situation in Europa Barbarorum has the Gauls divided into two major tribes, Averni and Aedui, rest of Gaul is consisting of singular tribes that are not playable, rebels so to speak. Gauls there are not strong since they have to worry about their civil war. A singular faction that is Gaul makes no sense because it isn't very historical. Still, I am hoping Romans have much better units than them and dominate the AR.. so we shall see how balanced it is.
    Last edited by jemdkyl; January 25, 2014 at 07:36 PM.

What? Rome is not a begging faction, I should be capable of keeping the Gauls at bay while destroying Carthage and handling a Macedonian rebellion in Greece. All that should happen. I don't want to rely on "pls don't attack me" tactics to play Rome, it is out of character for the faction. Anyway I will play Rome regardless and do my best.
    I hear what you are saying. and in a solo campaign as Rome you can do everything you mention. But fighting Carthage, Gaul and Macedonia against the AI is a completely different story then if they are controlled by players. Also it's not like Rome did not use diplomacy to expand, they didn't simply send hordes out in every direction and expand purely by force of arms. A good Roman campaign should be very tricky. Let's also keep in mind that this is Total War and just because the Romans were able to expand to such lengths in history does not mean they will be able to do so in the campaign, after all, in history a unified Gaul lead by One leader was not the case, and never did Carthage, Gaul and Macedonia ally with each other to destroy Rome, which is a real possibility in a HotSeat. So by saying you should be able to hold all three factions at bay when those factions are controlled by players is not realistic and would require Rome to be a super power compared to the Others, and considering at the time of the campaign Rome was not yet the great power it would one day become it would not make sense to make them so overpowered.

And as for the "being a begging faction" and relying on "pls don't attack me" tactics, i don't see that as the case at all, Rather i see a faction that will need to plan their expansion carefully and use wise diplomatic tactics to gain dominance over other players. "Please don't attack me tactics(if you can call it tactics )" is much different than forming alliances and agreements with other players that leave you coming out on top, whether it be an arrangement of peace between you and another player so you may build forces up to launch a surprise attack, or an agreement of a joint attack against another player that ends up giving you the better land and settlements of defeated player, so many strategies become possible when other players enter the mix. The simple attack, defend, expand strategy of a solo campaign does not apply or is not too effective in a player vs player campaign.
    Last edited by Macrath; January 26, 2014 at 03:27 AM.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    And as for the "being a begging faction" and relying on "pls don't attack me" tactics, i don't see that as the case at all, Rather i see a faction that will need to plan their expansion carefully and use wise diplomatic tactics to gain dominance over other players.
    I doubt that will happen now after I made it clear what I aim.

Anyway, could you invite more players or advertise this in other boards? Just need 2 more people. Jiub may wanna join when he comes back tomorrow, not sure though. I still haven't downloaded but will do so ASAP.

let me tell you sir , i don't think i could advertise it anymore lol.. I sent out PMs to just about every TWC HotSeat player i could find, Probably around 50 players, but this is not TATW or Westeros so that seems to be a turn off for many. And i created a thread in the De Bello Mundi forum. Also i started up a TWC HotSeat group in an attempt to compile a roster of all active TWC HotSeaters to make it easier for people hosting HotSeats to find active people, i sent you an invite of course. So yeah i think thats about as much as i will rush this HS hopefully some more people are interested, i certainly find HotSeats for this mod to be quite fun and challenging.

A couple people seem to have confused this HS for a Rome Total War HS. I suppose i should have labeled it more clearly..
    Last edited by Macrath; January 27, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

edit
    Last edited by Macrath; January 27, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

I really really want to join, tho I am in to many hotseats right now and until some of them end I cannot.

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

The factions are not well spread, 3 in west and only one in east, Egypt will easily win this.

Completely agree. Good thing you are taking over as the Seleusids +rep to you sir

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I have just installed this mod and it looks great.

I would gladly join you and take Germans however I am going on vacation on wednesday and will be back on sunday so I won't be able to play in the meantime.
    TATW HS Community Award

I'll take Macedonia!

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

I would be happy if we took Selecuids and Egypt out and replace them with some western factions like Spain and Britons.. it would make for a better hotseat. Perhaps also take Macedonia out and replace it with Numidia. I am the only faction who is surrounded by human players on all sides, makes it sorta unfair.

Or at least put Britons instead of Germans?

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

I would be happy if we took Selecuids and Egypt out and replace them with some western factions like Spain and Britons.. it would make for a better hotseat. Perhaps also take Macedonia out and replace it with Numidia. I am the only faction who is surrounded by human players on all sides, makes it sorta unfair.

Or at least put Britons instead of Germans?
    Sounds good to focus only on western side of the map.

Dunno about Numidia s chances to survive here, Carthage is very powerful and they dont stand a chance.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast