Thread: Unit caps

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Default Unit caps

So I'm playing as Hessen-Cassel (NTW 3.7) and after conquering a couple of provinces I can't expand anymore as I can't recruit any more units. Is this supposed to work like this? I think it might be a good idea to be able to recruit some local units in provinces you've taken, or at least somehow increase the unit cap according to expansion or development. Or have I completely missed something?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Unit caps

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkapeliitta View Post
    So I'm playing as Hessen-Cassel (NTW 3.7) and after conquering a couple of provinces I can't expand anymore as I can't recruit any more units. Is this supposed to work like this?
    The unit caps help the real world recruitment limits for the minor (& major) nations. You're not going to conquer Europe with Hessen (nor should you be able to)
    However you should be able to ally yourself with one of the major coalitions and achieve your victory objectives. I will ask AL42 to explain the unit caps in more detail as he has the historical reference material that we use to set the cap limits.

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Default Re: Unit caps

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The unit caps help the real world recruitment limits for the minor (& major) nations. You're not going to conquer Europe with Hessen (nor should you be able to)
    However you should be able to ally yourself with one of the major coalitions and achieve your victory objectives. I will ask AL42 to explain the unit caps in more detail as he has the historical reference material that we use to set the cap limits.
    I understand it wouldn't be historically realistic, but it might be nice to make history . But if changing the unit caps breaks the campaign mechanics then that's a good enough answer for me.