Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assign TEd Battle Map to a Region on the Campaign Map

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Assign TEd Battle Map to a Region on the Campaign Map

If you try to link a new (battlefield) map, a default (battlefield) map will be loaded.".
    This one makes me perplex, because there is absolutely no information in those template folders which could reference to one of the unique battle maps. Also there's nothing in the scripting.lua or the "battles" DB table.
    So either you have to to follow a certain naming convention (for example preset: castle_kyoto template: template_castle_kyoto battle_table key: castle_kyoto) or it's simply hardcoded.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Was it ever possible to link a TED battlefield map to a region on the campaign? I was thinking why not just make a castle and link that to a region.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

I am modding Shogun 2 buildings and noticed that in the building_culture_variants table the "artpiece" column controls the model you see on the campaign map. If you change the vanilla Shogun castle model to the ROTS castle model in that column, it not only changes the model you see on the campaign map but also when you fight a battle in that castle, it gives you a ROTS castle and battle map, not a vanilla one. I don't even own ROTS and it still works that way.

Could this be one of the links between the table and which map it uses that you are looking for?

I'm assigning CA's custom maps to regions in the Sengoku campaign. How do I do this? I installed TEd, downloaded the maps... where do I change their properties so the maps'll appear in campaign? Do I need to start a new map?

Thanks

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    I'm assigning CA's custom maps to regions in the Sengoku campaign. How do I do this? I installed TEd, downloaded the maps... where do I change their properties so the maps'll appear in campaign? Do I need to start a new map?

Thanks
    Any progress?

Icon5 Re: Assign TEd Battle Map to a Region on the Campaign Map

I'm looking in the terrain.pack, because that's where the template_map.xml is looking, and I'm seeing several files of unused land_normals. I could tell the .xml to look inside these files, simply by replacing the given normal maps, but I loathe to do that; I'll stop at nothing less than successfully adding new maps to every region.

Every map is an axis-aligned bounding box (aabb). I need new aabb's, if I'm going to add new maps to a region. The only way to get those new vectors is by dilating the aabb's into their Minkowski sum (MS), then dividing the dilation by the total bounding boxes I want. Am I right so far? My question is, how do you find the MS without a center, just the min max?
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post
    I'm looking in the terrain.pack, because that's where the template_map.xml is looking, and I'm seeing several files of unused land_normals. I could tell the .xml to look inside these files, simply by replacing the given normal maps, but I loathe to do that; I'll stop at nothing less than successfully adding new maps to every region.

Every map is an axis-aligned bounding box (aabb). I need new aabb's, if I'm going to add new maps to a region. The only way to get those new vectors is by dilating the aabb's into their Minkowski sum (MS), then dividing the dilation by the total bounding boxes I want. Am I right so far? My question is, how do you find the MS without a center, just the min max?
    This is interesting indeed. As I am building a new campaign map, I need custom battle maps for the new added lands.

Hi izzi, I'm asking around the forums for anyone who might help us crack this case. We should know soon whether or not "dividing" bounding boxes is feasible.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looking at this template file, I dont understand how a settlement gets assigned to a map.
    Like lets say settlement Suo, it has entries for plains etc, but all of the "fortified_settlement" templates dont link to any region or town...

for example :
    templates/fortified_settlement/templates_castle_hilly_coastal/' rotation='TR_NONE' bound='aabb(vector(-229.550705,-127.60022),vector(-219.550705,-117.60022))' />

Its just a /loc

What determines what map is used on per siege?

answer:
    Apparently it is this vector square that oulines a settlement on the 3dsmax map
    Last edited by Havie; December 06, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12