Release Date : Early 2015

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

quill18 ‏@quill18 57s
    #pdxcon HEARTS OF IRON 4: "We're going to make it better than EU4"

Any country from 1936 to 1948.

quill18 ‏@quill18 36s
    #pdxcon HEARTS OF IRON 4: What we learned from CK2/EU4: Make the playability & replayability better. It shouldn't be a chore to play.

Ryan Letourneau ‏@NorthernlionLP 1m
    #pdxcon hearts of iron 4 will have more focus on playability, slightly easier learning curve.

HEARTS OF IRON 4: Battle plans can include bombing targets, movement, etc.

Hearts of Iron IV: Want learning curve to be easier, without removing depth.

Battle plans you draw on the map will actually give appropriate orders. Mark where armies go, bombs drop, etc and it'll do it

HEARTS OF IRON 4: "Deep Political System". Political leaders are fewer, but more important. Ideas you can unlock & implement.

HEARTS OF IRON 4: Ideas can include neutrality stances, for example.

Hearts of Iron 4 will have deeper politics system as well, and ideas like in EU4

quill18 ‏@quill18 1m
    #pdxcon HEARTS OF IRON 4: Strategic Warfare. Not everything is on a single-province level.

HEARTS OF IRON 4: Air raids & submarine stuff can happen over larger areas instead of province-by-province micro.

New, more-detailed tech trees.

quill18 ‏@quill18 41s
    #pdxcon HEARTS OF IRON 4: They keep talking about how good the new maps look. Such a tease. When will they show us?

pp thread :
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...arts-of-Iron-4
    Last edited by batufb94; January 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: !!Hearts of İron 4!!

Approves

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Default Hearts of Iron IV

Paradox announced Hearts of Iron IV. While the WW2 grand strategy series will still be complex, this time the dev plans to make the learning curve less terrifying. Which is a good thing, if you ask me. I hope it will be easier to get into, as I personally found HOIV so difficult I could not play it for fun.

"It shouldn't be a chore to play the game... we want the learning curve to be slightly easier," Paradox Development Studio manager Johan Andersson said in announcing the game at a press event today. "Obviously, it won't be as easy to pick up as Candy Crush, but that's a good thing."
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/827...learning-curve

Now, the only question left is how many DLC packets shekelmaster Johan will release. As we know, Johan loves shekels.
    Last edited by Diglytron; January 24, 2014 at 04:08 AM.

Default Re: Hearts of Iron IV

I coudn't care less about the damn DLC. As long as they don't lolcasualize it a la EU4 I'll be happy, though Johan said in a AMA 3 months ago it wouldn't be too dumbed down but I'll still have my doubts.

It's sad to say, but I am completely underwhelmed and not-hyped for this announcement. I guess it's been quite awhile since HOI3's release.. but it feels like it's "too soon". I still haven't played EU4 even once, and the Game of Thrones mod just expanded the map to Asshai.

All in all those talking points are rather worrisome.. HOI3 wasn't a "chore" to play, it was just boring and without flavor. They don't need to make it more "accessible" they need to just not release a half-finished game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze470 View Post
    I coudn't care less about the damn DLC. As long as they don't lolcasualize it a la EU4 I'll be happy, though Johan said in a AMA 3 months ago it wouldn't be too dumbed down but I'll still have my doubts.
    Shekelmaster Johan couldn't care less about your doubts. Its the shekels he cares about. Remember that son.

So long the Swede shekelmaster fought,
    Primed with the gamers tears and coins.
    Now round and plump and plump and round,
    Shekelmaster weighs 240 pound.

This was originally posted in the paradox thread on /vg/ by anon.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

Merged HOI IV threads.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Runemaster is much a hype to me than HoI4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
    Merged HOI IV threads.
    but but but!? You merged my thread with his thread, while my thread was posted 4 hours earlier ?

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by WEZ View Post
    but but but!? You merged my thread with his thread, while my thread was posted 4 hours earlier ?
    he posted his thread a day before, when you posted yours it was just 4 threads below yours... in the same 1st page...

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

I saw the announcement and I thought "cool, they'll get rid of the bad stuff from HOI3 and add in the good stuff from HOI2." However the more I find out about it the more I'm thinking "I'll just stick to Darkest Hour, thanks." Now I'm willing to give Runemaster a chance..
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Sounds good and all but if I had bought Hearts of Iron 3, or East vs. West or Darkest hour or was involved in the making of those, I'd be pretty pissed off. With EU4 just having been released and another two years of DLCs for CK2 promised, it's basically like they are just chalking this up and saying they made a balls of the original code.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

on the boat of "too soon"

id be irritated if i was one of the HOI3 crowd.

buuuut... im not so, maybe ill get this one., though ive still yet to get eu4 despite having been eagerly awaiting its release. *sigh* games just dont have the priority they used to when i was younger

goro's Avatar Tribunus

I preferred Victoria 3 but i love hearts of iron as well although i find it hard to play.Does anyone know what engine they will use?Will they use the same one as EU4 and CK2?

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    I preferred Victoria 3 but i love hearts of iron as well although i find it hard to play.Does anyone know what engine they will use?Will they use the same one as EU4 and CK2?
    It'll run on the latest version of Clausewitz, probably.
    Last edited by Kamikaze470; January 28, 2014 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Sounds good and all but if I had bought Hearts of Iron 3, or East vs. West or Darkest hour or was involved in the making of those, I'd be pretty pissed off. With EU4 just having been released and another two years of DLCs for CK2 promised, it's basically like they are just chalking this up and saying they made a balls of the original code.
    What are you people talking about.

"Too Soon"

HOI3 got 3 expansions, and though I prefer to play it modded works pretty well now compared to launch.

I'd hardly call it "a balls".

Darkest Hour is based on HOI2, so I don't know why you are even bringing it up. Unless you are saying HOI2 has "a balls" code, I certainly had a lot of fun with it and the games created off it.

Just like there being games still made on the HOI2 engine, it is no surprise that East vs West might come around the same time or after HOI4, and I bet it won't be the last. It is not made by Paradox, and I for one will still get it because it is about the scope of the game not whether it is built on the latest HOI engine. It isn't like modders or anyone will have a working modern day scenario in HOI4 within even a few years of its launch.

So as someone who owns HOI2/HOI3/DH/Arsenal of Democracy and plans to purchase both HOI4 and East vs West, I'm the opposite of pissed.

What do you people want? HOI3 has gotten great support over the years, and HOI4 has a lot of features I'm looking forward to.

Even if you feel still burned by HOI3 after 2 I'd think there would be potential to be excited about a new entry in the series by now (plus you missed out on a good game once they fixed it).

Anyways you people are jaded as hell if you are going to sit here and accuse Paradox of simply milking the HOI fans by giving them a new game after "only" three major expansions in just 4 years.

I don't think anyone is accusing paradox of "milking" HOI, WEZ was bashing their DLC "strategy"

Personally, I felt that EU4 was "too soon" as well, I still haven't even launched the game, even though it's installed on this machine. Guess I'm just getting old and boring or something

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

awful borders etc

very early in development etc

Think I'll obviously just wait for more screenshots and DDs'. I'm not very impressed so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast