Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe The Person Above You (Read OP)

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: Describe the person above you (Read OP)

Dramall is from Brazil, but he is possibly related to some surinamese, as he loves his south asian stuff. He doesnt posts way to much, but just enough to keep being likeable. He seems a nive chap.

From his avatar one also learns that he might be twoface, so watch out so you wont be taken by the other face.

Indefinitely Banned

But really? What is Makrell? It is a small fish, you can see this in his avatar. I never had that type of fish before, No I have not. What is this man's posting style? Not small for a small fish.

Yes, I may have said that before. But what really has changed? Has the fish gotten bigger? No. It is the same old fish there seems to be flying around all over the place. But you should be scared of flying fish,why? Because they can hit you in the head I guess?

Makrell keeps posting here in the TD, but I have not seen his posts recently that much. Maybe I haven't been in the same threads as him? Or maybe he is posting elsewhere in the forum? I hope he comes back to the TD. I am happy he posted in this thread again though . It seems his post count increased though, I could have swore it was less the last time I was him ?

Jo
    Last edited by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár; February 17, 2014 at 08:21 AM.

Joseph is an easily recognizable spammer among us. Many a spam lord of old would have feared his comment-secreting capacity, though following the demise of Chat IV he has made more selective use of it, having established his headquarters in this thread only. Though he adopts an innocuous and flowery appearance to those of the outside world, and often attempts to lull us all with his love of food, there are times within the confines of the Chat when Joseph abandons caution and makes public his agenda, indulging with relish and abandon in ethnic conflict and fuelling social tension. Even now, his primary description of all members will be related to their race (see above!) which clearly implies a desire within Joseph's dark heart to sow discord and mistrust between us. His insidious activities make the Avian racial supremacism pale in comparison, and from the muck one terrifying, implacable truth emerges: Joseph is patiently biding his time while he organizes the destruction of TD in great dollops of viscera and rivers of blood. Make no mistake, my fellow Devians, though he is harmless for now, I believe Joseph Simonyi de Vitezvar to be the greatest long-term threat to the security of our ex-kingdom.

It all makes sense now. His constant calls for historical debates in the Chat to end, for example. It is now obvious that he wishes us to concentrate our aggressive energies elsewhere, not upon our beliefs, but upon our race. Surely he must know that there can be harmony and peace between us.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yet the pessimist in me fears that my calls for tolerance and gentleness will fall on deaf ears. Joseph is no man to be reasoned with. I will leave a warning to you all, in case something happens to me, for I was subjected to intimidation from this man - presumably because he knew of my intentions. The self-portrait he sent me was of the following likeness:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Teeth stained with equine blood, our flesh wedged in his dental cavities, a deranged bloodlust inhabiting his eyes. This is the true Joseph. I can only hope the rest of you realize the truth, and unite against him before it is too late.

Threat level: Midnight
    Last edited by Inkie; February 19, 2014 at 04:41 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

An intelligent young man, with sense of humor, good looking ... why the hell did you marry Lyra!!??!!!????

Mishkin is so odd. His avatar seems slightly tilted, but not so much that you are certain,just enough to make you uneasy.

He is a man whom ive thought had some eternal moderator infraction, due to his disabled rep, that i have learned to be wrong(i think) ut neertheless.
    He seems like a unevil dude, but have never been the extreme niceness displayed by smurfs and ponies, and well is that.

Mishkin might also be a bit of a thinker, but just enough.

Like many Describers of today's age, Makrell's posts here vary greatly in calibre. He is generally of a ready disposition to post here at all times as he enjoys the thread, though it can very from a nice, fatty text full of insightful comments in the case of someone he knows, to a few dry lines essentially saying "I don't know about this guy" for others, and everything in-between.

He seems to be a quietly conservative individual, inhabiting that happy middle ground between being religious in name only and being obnoxiously, zealously so and is conciliatory in disposition rather than antagonistic. He appears to be of the variety of Northener who revels in imaginings of the days of old, where he can envision things to have been peaceful, honest and meaningful, and uses these comfortable mental meanderings to supplement and shape his indulgence in fantasy and folklore. Though he may be deluded by the fallacious belief that a significant number of us Devians are enthusiastic about the TW series at this point (perhaps due to the novelty of his Devianship), he has done praise-worthy civil service by opening a public lulz-comics shipping business in YLYL, and moreover he thinks rocks are great. I think he has earned denizenship here, that much is certain, and perhaps one of my marshal's batons as well. As with many Norwegians, the weather is an important part of his life and he procures a small, constant pleasure from discussing it.

His presence is self-contained, pleasant, polite, predictable. Perhaps not good debating traits, but perfect for moderation. He should get himself patronized and go for the big blue, as is the tradition among the Norwegian mafia here, for until then I dare say that he may not be making full use of his potential.

Threat level: Immaterial
    Last edited by Inkie; February 19, 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Where do I even begin with this here poster...

The Capra Caerulea is often seen in the lower TWC, though it does class the higher ranking order, it seems to be at ease in such a perturbent surrounding. Frolicking among such threads as the CT (where it currently holds the most postage) and this one especially. Yes, for the Blue Goat is of the literary kind and very adept at that indeed.

The C. Caerulea is said to descend from a Post-Golden Age Colosseum creature known as the A. Musa. Starting out as a tranquil being that lofted around the place without provoking much as fuss as many a early species do, it soon became the center stage of the Devian Habitat. During the outbreak of the E. Poni virus where countless respectables fell to its colourful horrors, the Goat was one of the main combatants against the plague. It used the textual skills it has acquired in the first Describe Thread and cast walls of writing in the name of the uninfected.

But alas this one was -too- hit! after the main spread, some dormant cysts must have hatched within the A. Musa and the terrors of ponification were thrust upon it: the C. Caerulea was born.

The species came to adapt to its new form, as mutilated as it was, and learned to live in relative harmony with the other Devians. The Poosanus, though aggressive in nature, possess a great symbiotic relationship with the C. Caerulea. But because of its ponification it also must interact with the remnant survivors of the equine flu. One poni-parasitic teal horror clung to its signature for many months, and only just recently being removed though leaving a traumatic scar. But it is all for the best. The texts flow again for the C. Caerulea with vigor. It is as healthy as it has ever been.

~Lyra

Last edited by Lуra; February 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM.

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

mp0295's Avatar Vicarius

A staff person I vaguely remember from the days I was more active. Also one of the first people to introduce me to MLP

Track & Field = Life
    http://www.last.fm/user/mp0295

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

A dude who I have never seen befor on this forum, probably american and a fellow libertarianbro
    Low speed, High Drag

Ace_General...this guy doesn't show up much in these parts. From what I know, he is a proud American with very strong convictions about his country. I'm going to venture that he felt different from his left-leaning* but largely apathetic comrades in high-school, so it looks like he aimed to turn things around and set himself proudly apart around the time of his majority. Hence we now have the physically-chiselled, blonde all-American before us. Still, unlike many of his fellows he has much more than a passing interest in European history, and his path to enjoyment of student life was cemented by a trip to the continent with a girlfriend he seemed delighted with (presumably hot). It seems that his conservative ideas – if they weren't that way in the first place – have shifted a bit away from loyalty to the US government, and much more towards the libertarian ideology frequently found in internet debates, and the wish for a 'return' to the America of old, which would make the US government in its current form his chosen enemy. As such, he reminds me a bit of Legio, though as I've never debated with him that comparison can only go so far for now. I wonder how he conciliates libertarian ideology with a seeming fascination for traditional European cultures and – though my memory may serve me wrong – an interest with some of the more dubious right-wing parties in the continent. Aside from that I'm guessing he loves guns, the US military, God, team sports and 'southern belles', with the gung-ho attitude that invariably pisses the rest of the world off but would earn a hearty slap on the back from a good many dudes here.

All of this aside, Ace is an inveterate gamer, both in strategy (from what I can tell on Steam) and here in the Community RPG's section. He seems to be on good terms with many other die-hards for that shadowy, mysterious part of TWC most people have had little contact with. As a late-joining member of my Thirty Years War RTD, he cut a stark contrast with other players of the Habsburg Emperor: Whereas they were overwhelmed by the sudden responsibilities they had thrust upon them, Ace seemed like a fish in the water and immediately tried to figure out how he could get himself out of his predicament, sandwiched as he was between the burgeoning empires of fox and budgie. His enthusiasm and ideas of how the game could go caught me somewhat off-guard, and I had to disappoint him by keeping the focus on Germany and away from Poland, which seems to have been his favourite.

For the sake of ending on a boring note, he has an ODST avatar. I find that expansion sadly underrated among other Halo titles.

Threat level: Low, but leftists beware: Potential for Rothbardian super-saiyan and constitution-thumping detected

*By American standards.
    @Limbo hmph, you should know better than to try to ninja me
    Last edited by Inkie; February 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

A dude who I have barely seen before on this forum, definately American and a libertarian.

Okay, I have seen Ace_General before but I don't know an awful lot about him, he has spent quite some time on this forum but has got got quite a small amount of rep for someone with 6,5k posts and who has been a member for 4,5 years. He is a proud Murican and I assume he likes the racing sports.

Oh come on, why does this always happen to me

Okay, reserved...
    Last edited by lolIsuck; February 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

LolIsuck is a scary man of late. Why should I be afraid of him? Don't we both love cake? Don't we both like the Content Staff and are apart of it too?Yes we're are, but the problem lays that he doesn't seem himself lately. Has his post count not increased big enough for his taste? Has he not eaten any birthday cake? He seems like a man who is in complete withdraw. I am afraid he could take it out on us here in the TD if one doesn't feed his addiction and do it soon. But maybe he is just mad I never sent him any cake yet? I mean, look at his avatar. Quite a different reaction then he rest of us.Threat level: Medium

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Nobody knows why Joseph is a smurf. Some people choose tigers, eagles or dragons. Or start horse-cults or build bird-empires. The legacy of animal personification in the Devia is even stronger than those confused species over at Westoros. But Joseph is a Smurf.

All I know it fits him and his persona. Now when I read his posts in a helium voice and see his blue name and prescription happy-pill attitude it all makes sense. Joseph is a smurf because... He is a smurf! There is no hidden agenda or malicious intent or protected personality, no Inkie and Lyra. You are WRONG. How a smurf came to acquire a PC and keyboard and a passion for strategy games is largely irrelevant. However we must all sympathize with Jo's plight in life. For the reproductive prospects of a smurf is slim. Will Smurfette choose TWC-Smurf over Bodybuilder-Smurf, Marlon Brando-Smurf or Surfer-Smurf? Or will she just be swooned with the sheer pimpness of grandpa smurf?

The life of a smurf must be tough indeed. But Joseph. We are all behind you in this, go get her, tiger.

Well this has all led me to remember this old song. Sadly most of you will not get the lyrics. But it i nice to remember how I actually feel about smurfs.

Last edited by Pĺsan; February 20, 2014 at 05:16 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The reason fox hunting is legal. Has been a mod for ages and continues to do is usual stuff. Hasn't changed sig or avatar since I've last visited. Not reformed.

Indefinitely Banned

Ferdiad! I am so happy to see you. My dear Smurfs! The Rabbit Savior has arrived! Ferdiad has been here for 4 years this month. He has gathered up so much rep and posts it is quite amazing.

But how does he do it? Well, we all know how fast people repopulate. But he is not a full person. He is a Rabbit-Human. He can repopulate fast with the other rabbits. They secretly help him make all of these posts. He is almost at 30,000 posts! His signature is cool, but has a warning. Do not make the rabbits mad, or risk facing their wrath.
    Last edited by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár; February 20, 2014 at 06:16 PM.

Joseph is a cool smurf, but make sure he smurfs his smurf-berries, or all smurf will smurf. i have smurfed him in vms and threads, and his smurfing is a lot like my own smurfing.

I remember one time when me and Joe was out smurfing at smurfington smurfs house, and smurfina came looking. I went and smurfed with her for a while, but she smurfed about joe all the time. She really smurfed Joe you see, she didnt smurf me, luckily we could smurf for smurf hours. But then, smurfer that smurf there came a great big smurfer, and Joe, me and smurfina was already smurfin smurf and other good smurfs. Joe however knew what to smurf, and went over and smurfed the smurfer, by smurfin him in a smurfin contest. The smurfer felt so ashamed, and smurfina was so smurf that she went over to Joe and smurfed him on the smurf. I stood by, wondering how Joe could smurf so smurfily, but decided it had something to do with all the smurfberries he ate that smurf.
    From that smurf i knew Joe was a smurf you could smurf with, and never worry about all the smurfing that could go smurf.

I would smurf with him anysmurf.

Also, head is outside of gutter.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Makrell.
    Not particularly a joker.
    But some of his jokes are legendary. And I have the feeling I am the only one who laughs at his jokes.
    Makrell: You ocasionally post really funny things, or I'm flipping out?

(And he is a fish, and he is from Norway, and what the hell is ICQ?)

Indefinitely Banned

Oh Mishkin! What a man he is. Many posts he has made! Many a rep has he earned. Many people he has come to know and got a old avatar of a old celebrity, of which he told me the name but I can not remember sadly.

He always has had the same old signature. Asking people to debate in good faith and have respect for members here, which is pretty good, because we need more of that nowadays. He got a new signature bar to (I think) of something called Debian.

He has always been friendly, a bit paranoid at times for some reason. He has recently (I think) joined the Church of Jo Simonyi and wishes everyone a good morning and a good night, which is nice .

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Ok so having established Jo's personality in intimate detail further up the thread, it is time to discourse about is role in this thread.

Jo is something called the describer-spammer. A role that have been previously occupied by the likes of Lyra and Ferdiad in the past but now firmly belongs to Jo.

The describer-spammer is the double edged sword of the describe thread. Either its death or its salvation. It keeps the thread alive at the top, but at the same time its vibrant efforts eventually drives people away. Its style is unimaginative, short and repetitive and the describer-spammer is the reason why rules like "wait until two people have posted" exist. However the describer-spammer will actively try to dominate the thread as much as possible regardless. Thus it is a common feature of this type of describer to be represented in about every third post in the describe thread and overwhelmingly have the largest post count.

The reason for the fervent activity is that it plays into the describer-spammers agenda, which is to be described as much as possible while at the same time use as little effort as possible describing others. The describer-spammer is therefore a very unpopular describer and people generally loathe to be described by them. For someone like the extravagant-describer and the Novelty-describer it will be a great defeat to have their efforts rewarded by a reproduced one-liner and therefore a common tactic is to describe the describer-spammer thus be protected from its influence by the two-rule.

Jo used to be a pure describer-spammer. But after several more or less concealed complaints he have moved away from the life of a pure and taken effort to move towards the casual-describer in quality of posts while at the same time maintaining the intensity of the describer-spammer. Perhaps he will do as Lyra and evolve into a lyrical-describer or perhaps he will just grow tired and fade like the greatest of describer-spammers, Ferdiad "The Destroyer of Threads"
    Last edited by Pĺsan; February 24, 2014 at 05:21 PM.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

[white wash with milky grey light background]

Nepius center stage, seated.
    Enter stage left Perturbious.

Nepius: Hark! What bringest you in such late? For has not the sun cast a longer shadow in my wait? Has it not nooned and aftered with tea ringing at the lord's door? Yes, for I have been seated upon this rock -no stool- and now partake in a great paining of such regions. Tell me, what has brought on the retard?

Perturbious: (panting) Oh, yes. Yes, oh Nepius! Yes, I have become late.

(collapses at the feet of Nepius)

But you do not know what hath happened to me!

N: Silence, filth! We have much a doing to be done! This is a place, a momentary instance of description. And not your ambulance or composure or any other thing shall halt both of us! Now, tell me, Perturbious, who is here?

P: Why, I do quite believe it is a bag.

N: A bag? A bag! Perturbious, how can in all that is exalted by man be that this is a mere bag? Do you not see the copper hair? The powdered ventrals?

P: Ah, but I heard it mean bag. I have heard it by none other. It also meant hello.

N: And then they say that before it was not such a predator! That it was nothing but intials! And darker say, that for abreif instance it was a blue unicorn!

P: (cutting off) yes, a blue unicorn with purpurine cape! I have heard of this also.

N: (slaps Perturbious) No! These are follies created by the evils that fly in the sky and trot on the land. You must not heed them! For this one above has always borne the blue for his seriousness brings on so well. And it it describes that he partakes in the beating of drunk savages in the night and of great feasts in the northland. A true snowman, high borne!

P: But that is only what you can know now. must we simply forget of what was? Of who? There were others behind that name and face and being. There were other who are now gone. Must we morn their passing? Why do we forget?

N: You must understand how vastly decadent and of the slights of gomorric pleasures is the stories you speak of. Nay, there is only good poster above and a mod to be feared.

(both are incinerated by GORT)

[curtains]

~Lyra
    Last edited by Lуra; February 24, 2014 at 05:33 PM.

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV