Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe The Person Above You (Read OP)

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Describe the person above you (Read OP)

lolIsuck does not suck! He is a friendly person. I considered him to be a close And a favorite member of mine here at TWC. He has a cool username, cool life, and my gosh, likes cake !!!! We both know cake is King , and suck is a King of cake indeed, no ,he really doesn't suck. He will get some cake in the mail....some day....

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Seems a rule got lost in the switch, so I'll just remind everyone:

At least two people must have posted between you and your next post.

This is, of course to avoid people dominating the thread.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Poosan Fox
    Pusanus Foxter Africanensis Australis.

The poosan is a species of devian hailing from the Troll mountains of Skanda. A veracious carnivore, the poosan finds it's meals in wrongful posts and doomed threads. It has also been seen eating Danes, but concrete proof has yet to be founded. When not hunting for posts the poosan goes to upbeat, nucturnal congregations and smites wrath on anyone there. It is paid for such deeds.

Every winter, the poosans will migrate to South Africa were they then reproduce and rear their young. It is a spectacular event known as the Poosexdus. Indigenous S.African names range from Paasan to Pu-pu-su. In fact, the first specimen was captured around the Karoo desert.

On the forum, the poosan's character can range to neutrally amicable to "rather grumpy and off put". It is also said that the poosan shall come to the TD for respite during many of the hanging days after the nocturnal music brawls.

Pat Falker, a Poosanologist from the Port Elizabeth zoo describes that, if captured from the wild at a young age, poosans can be extremely friendly and content. But this is not usually recommended as they turn domesticated and thus it is impossible for them to be reintroduced into the wild.

Currently, poosan levels are said to be stable but in many areas, especially in the recent decades due to climate change, poosan population have declines around the world. This places them just above the 'Threatened' level on the ecological scale.

For more information on poosans and the way the communicate, see the following link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poosan_Call

~Lyra
    Last edited by Lуra; January 24, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

The Lyra, a mysterious creature, the mystery beginning with the evident fascination with ponies that seems to have captivated some of the more prestigious forum members.

Despite the hypnotic bobbing and weaving of his smiling unicorn avatar, which conveys an aura of almost mindless bliss, the beast shows its wit time and time again, posting witty descriptions of others, namely Poosan, again and again. 'Tis also a student of the languages, and can boast a knowledge of several different tongues.

How he can type coherent sentences is beyond me; those hooves seem like mighty inconveniences. Also, from the other thread he sounds like a young, white man. I can assure you that this is not the case.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Indefinitely Banned

High Fist is a good guy. I haven't seen him in awhile. He has a dark knight as a avatar. I'm sure he is a scary person in real life! He must be a popular warrior in Ireland. He seems to lack self-dis.......

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

AH, here we have the Joseph. It has been quite some time that he has ambled around these parts, so it is difficult to call him wholly new. He has gained much rankings and titles on his short stay here, and his rep has increased as well, but one thing that has not changed is his attitude. He still posts those happy posts with smilies, bidding people good morrows and vespers. Querying on strange and out-of-the-blue questions. Yes, we know him well, this one. We expect these things from him.

But behind the smilies I know there lies a being, I have caught glimmering glimpses of it in some off-winded posts -but it still allures me. Who is the real Joseph? When shall he truly speak?

~Lyra

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Where do I begin with Lyra? I was surprised to say the least when I discovered that Lyra (and for that matter, Princess Luna) were actually a couple of guys, not gals.

Lyra belongs to the content staff here at TWC, and rightfully so, because he is quite adept as evidenced by just about any post of his you may encounter at TWC. He is witty, poetic in speech, in an almost didactic and rhetorical manner. For someone who's so well-spoken and overflowing with an impressive vocabulary at his mental disposal, it's quite baffling that all he has to say below his avatar is "BOP! BOP! BOP!" I can only assume that's in reference to the swaying head of his little animated pony.

He also clearly has an unhealthy obsession with My Little Pony. It's an obsession that I've never understood, and perhaps never will.

Also, Lyra has been around for just about as long as I have, yet has about 8 times more posts than I do! And of course he has all the reputation marks to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

Roma_Victrix was asleep for a long time, till the beast woke up, creating more than eighty threads in half a year! All his OPs are humorous, even the ones, whose topic could be considered serious. Not posting a single picture in an OP is considered a rather nefarious sin, for him, the Great Lord of Parody.
    His topics differentiate from politics and history to continous change of avatars and exchange of VMs.
    More specifically, I know that he likes mysterious, pink elephants in Canada, he tends to forget many inappropraite animes and wonders about the Caliphate. He's indeed very knowledgeable about history, but unfortunately, in maths he wasn't so... knowlegeable.
    8.318/1.454=5,7
    Ah, and we have censorship even in films, not to mention that we have already excommunicated three directors, since 2000, so american censorship sucks!

George is something of a rambling man, his powdered face being found equally in most of the more disreputable parts of the site, including various forum games, the Rome II fora, the Pit and the Underhive.

It seems pretty obvious that he's a constant roleplayer, his true being eternally obscured by the form he has adopted. This form is one that allows him to elaborate with dignity and poise posts that can irk the souls of many a forumite, but this is a practice he only indulges in when his whims bring him to, not out of conviction. He is a gifted agent provocateur with an expansive repertoire of political, cultural and historical knowledge, but remains in essence a playful lurker. His vitality is safe only while he can remain agile and vigilant, constantly observing and posting in an opportunistic fashion, when he feels he can sting something and make like the banana without too many complications. If the Prince Regent were to be tied down and forced to engage in a brutish slog of 'fisticuffs' it would be a most uncomfortable experience for him, unworthy of his time and precious reserves of commitment. Indeed, his activities seem perfect for his chosen personality because they remind me so much of my own country's international policy. This is all a shame though, because his enjoyment of our forum lore would make him well at home in the TD if he would spare more time to stay. As an avid Describer, this recent change of scene might just be the thing that brings him here more often.

As an international who wears his anonymity all but too comfortably it's impossible to know much about who's really behind the mask, and intimacy or upfrontness is one thing you won't coax out of him with any ease if you so wanted. His doses of knowledge about the customs and tongue of many a country, constant politeness, amicability and formality, indirect way of saying things and dubious motives make him appear somewhat insincere – oh so English. This is funny because it seems like the two places George scoffs at most are the UK and US. If he has had but one commitment on TWC it has been to the 'anti' side of things in the Rome II forums, which has been getting harder for him as the debate stagnates and there seems to be less and less room for manoeuvre. Both of these facets make anti-US internationals and CA-bashers his natural confederates, and they hold him in high esteem due to his ability to express their arguments better than they do. He is often not much more than a distraction in a more heated political debate given his nature as a one-post passer-by, but then he seems to prefer tamer and more peaceable environments in any case, where he can craft posts at his ease without having to worry about being challenged. I haven't often seen him remain post-intervention and make a more serious use of his knowledge, for as mentioned previously trading blows with locals would be unbecoming of a Prince Regent, and would threaten the integrity of his wig. After all, hullaballoos and angry posturing are for continentals.
    Last edited by Inkie; January 26, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Inkie Pie, also known as Inkie or "That blue goat", is one of the patrons of this thread. After it's pre-predecessor got closed, Inkie organized the Devians and led a succesful campaign to get it back with the only concession that it had to go in the Coliseum. After this many a Devian faced the journey through the lands most had come from to say something nice about the guy in front of them. Of these, Inkie was by far the best with his walls of text that had barely been seen in the Coliseum and in comparison to which the one liners of most visitors were almost insults. Inkie has used his writing talents on more occasions, he has performed a few surveys of the Thema Devia and has led a very popular Thirty Years' War RTD that sadly hasn't reached the end.
    His writing talents and work for the content staff have earned him citizenship and he in turn has patronized another well-known Devian. Inkie's activity mainly takes place in this corner of the site and he can be counted as a Chat Thread regular. He is an appreciated and very popular member of the site and has recently been asked to do another survey/story/essay/written thingie, on the Curia this time. This guy is a great asset to TWC and I'm glad he is here.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; January 26, 2014 at 07:15 AM.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

The one formerly known as Lolyousuck is a true veteran of the lower forum. It is known he comes from the land of Limbob. He was firstly most active in the colosseum of old. When greats such as MML posted and there was a Melon upon the king. I remember him as an excited member who participated in many a forum game, especially, if they had rep in them. Such was a paramount to him the rep that he ventured around the forum looking for said type of game. To the Traveler's Lodge to each TW title forum for the 'Who am I?'.

But, tragedy struck when some naive soul took offence at his username, becoming quite sad. Thus they brought his name case to the highest levels. The poor Limbob was forced to change to the sadistically and self-insulting 'LolIsuck'.

But, even so, by the end of that year, Lolly had gained enough popularity to claim the 'Fastest Rising Newb' award. Much rep was showered and there was contentment.

Lolly continued to be quite active for the time after that. He survived the Brony invasion and settlement, but, slowly, we saw less and less of him. There was a long period and scarce activity on his part. Now he seems to have re-activated, though. This is much good and I hope it continues along this trend.

~Lyra
    Last edited by Lуra; January 26, 2014 at 07:46 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Ah the great Lyra/TallaFerroiv! She is the most wondrous of unicorns that inhabits the nation of the Thema Devia. Her history with the Thema Devia goes far back to the days of yore during the Kingdom of Thema Devia and beyond. Although that part of her life has passed, that does not mean she has ceased doing spectacular things. For Lyra is the keeper of all knowledge regarding the Duck and the Liver. She knows their powers and their powers know and inhabit her! Is it because of those powers that Lyra is such an amazing forumite? Neigh, she has and always will be. Powers cannot do that, it is personality, and Lyra has that. What has just been said is too little to say about Lyra. To know more, we must know her history which shall be recited in another post.

When asked how she felt about the people of Thema Devia one time, Lyra said this

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Sorry its not a funny/great post, but I like this thread and dont want to see it disappear.

Lord I. has character. He thinks he is a "Lord Inquisitor" because of a silly glorious thread closed some years ago. But he is not. A guy form Pittsburgh (or something like that) can not be a Inquisitor. Its a fact. Sorry, Lord I.
    And he loves to narrate his daily activities in the chat thread.
    And he changes his avatar daily. Maybe, one of this days, he'll find a decent avatar.

And thats all I can say
    Last edited by mishkin; January 27, 2014 at 06:24 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Mishkin.... I swear I know him from some place before, but I am guessing not! He is a cool guy. To me at first, he seems like a blunt fellow, a straight shooter. But he is really a nice guy. He has a teddy bear for a heart and the IQ of geniuses. I honestly enjoy seeing him around from when I first started the forum. Plus he likes the mod for M2TW, The Great Conflcits.

That's all I can think of .

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

So Joseph I think I have described before somewhere, but never the less this is a start for all new things so ere'we go.

Well as evident from his posts in this thread, Joseph likes to stay as far away from seriousness as he can get. Preferably on the brink of incoherent happy nonsense. For example if the chat begins to move into more serious debate, Joseph will be the first to complain over the chat being too serious, and then if that does not work he will attempt to change the subject with a tactical "good morning how are everyone?" The reasons for this I don't really know, but Lyra made a good point about Joseph might have created a certain persona he hides behind. Come to think of it, the only real expression of opinion I can think of right now is that one time he called the winter Olympics a bad joke. Perhaps that was a more sincere and real Joseph coming through, or perhaps he was just mad at me. Either way it was a breath of fresh air, more please.

Probably one of the most frequent faces I see on twc , pretty much everywhere . I guess that shows Pĺsan is a rather versatile poster
    with many interests and opinions about in a lot of different subjects. Another reason I recognize him in a lot of forum sections is he's consistent
    appearance . Though I don't get the fox thing nor his name - I suppose it means something in Norwegian which is probably not that interesting so I won't Google Translate it .

He also likes to be helpful and informative to younger members , especially in Thema Devia because they all get scarred by the creeps like me that roam around here .Now that's something interesting about Pĺsan though it's not exclusive to him , although he visits TD all the time , except his Avatar he is not so shall we say "eccentric" or even funny as other Devians , which means that he has a stable personality I guess.But then again that makes he's posts and opinions a bit to "conventional" and "normal" at least for my taste.
    It also maybe worth to mention that he was a librarian ,although I have no idea what that is , and most importantly he's the Godfather of this thread since he resurrected it TWICE .

All in all a nice,descent and informative bloke though a bit to descent for me .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 27, 2014 at 08:15 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

The Despondent Mind. He is someone I do not know to well. I seen him around before but another wise, not to much. He has a cool username and a cool avatar though and I really like that! I know it's tough being cool. He been cool since June 2009 + 5,663 posts as of right now. But other then that, I must end with this sad, short post. Perhaps if he joins the Smurf Army, he will be even cooler .

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Joseph asks on morrows
    -their doings primarily,
    and if you're one who follows
    there are things that you may see;

smilies are quite hollow,
    abuse: naught, they'll come to be.
    for happy and 'so sorrow
    a look on life which 'tis the key.

Contrast, the word I'll borrow
    not ill meant, friction debate
    discussion needs it's useful sake.

This is not a game -not colo;
    angry but is free of hate.
    A grumpy home, no easy cake.

~Lyra

Last edited by Lуra; January 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: gllop

Vađarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

The Lyra is a interesting specimen. Seen around many parts of TWC one can recognize him by the tealness and joyfully moving avatar.

He has had the colour since getting his persona years ago, and only few remember his original name. TallaFerro something.
    Of his interests the one of languages and linguistics are worth mentioning, and of all the people I know he is definitely the one most knowledgeable about those things, and seems to never loose his inspiration to make more languages and worlds. (Update the story you made on that tumblr btw.) He has helped and corrected me more than a few times when I speak of such matters, and is a very helpful being. He often plays TF2 with Inkie and others, I having joined them a few times as suicidal-noob demoman.

All in all this Catalan fellow is a nice guy, and a interesting one at that.
    Last edited by Vađarholmr; January 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] ţví ađ međ lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi međ ólögum eyđa.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

No one's mentioned this yet about Princess Luna, but he's actually quite knowledgeable when it comes to linguistics and languages, especially Old English. He's a librarian, a content director, and a moderator extraordinaire. He even has a doctoral degree from the TWC University, which no doubt will land him a job somewhere.

He is also apparently an animated unicorn pony who wields axes and can impale you with his horn, so beware.