Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BBW 8.1 Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: BBW 8.1 Feedback and Suggestions

I must admit that I am quite impressed with this mod. Great job guys! But, I was wondering can u add temple building querry like in XGM?

@ceki
    So do you play it already
    What are temple building querries like in XGM ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Yes I do play it. Well it's also unified Rome. Rome can build all temples avaliable to Romans(Scipii and Brutii temples) wich are removed. Also, when some settlement is captured(4 example barbarian), Romans can build that pacticular (4 example Anoba) up to level 4. But from begining(if there is no temple in settlement), then they can build only Roman temples. Also maybe you can add income from irrigation and latifundia.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Hail Repman,Love your 8.1 update,your upgrade for unit stats has made a great difference to the factions Carthage has become very aggressive(Barebones unified)I am trying to survive as Julli faction,keep up the good work magpie.

I'm interested in feedback later in the campaigns (> 50-100 years) regarding gameplay for further improvements in 8.1:
    -what map, what faction, difficulty, what year ?
    - is it too difficult to conquer regions with different religion: rebellions, ???
    - is the economy to difficult ???
    - are the army field costs of 1000/2000 too high
    - too many ctd's
    - do you use the career system
    - do the characters get too many bad character traits

Hoping for detailed feedback

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

i find that the greco armies are a tad much. for example i will fight one unite of greek mercenaries and lose over a houndred men to bring it down with 3 units of prencipes (Roma) the agressive ai is lovely, its good to see brutii actuall take a war to macedon. I love the little history lesson every turn too. I just started a scipii campaign and im in the hole, over 21,000 and i own the riches areas you can get with an imediate army (not really a major issue as of yet, but the army seems to be sucking away a bit more than expected). Id also like to see the vanilla skins go bye bye and replaces with other. For now id just like to see the crazy ubber hard greek units go away (tone down?). Cavalry dies at a fast rate when i hit a hoplite unit from behind. It seems to only happen when the greeks are given the over hand formation, (dunno if you can fix it).

the religion is a problem in some cases. Thrace's main city is revolting because of pagonism? . How about allowing the player to build all the temples ot get rid of that issue?

iberians mercenaries out due my triarii. dont understand why

elephants seem to be jesus and can easily beat my entire army by themsleves. Velites have to shoot 5 times before they can kill 3 of them and pile do nothing to them at all. I mean nearly 1000 pile shooting at an elephant would most likely kill anything.

Cavalry are garbage. they arent worth having in your army unless they are running over archers. they basically charge into unarmourd bastarnae from behind and die. How do 88 equites die when charging a retreating enemy?

where do i go to up their charge bonus? which file?

something else. The Generals do not grow into worthy anythings. Even with a large triumph my main commander has not grown from his one star which he gain from becomeing a tribonus i think it is? cant you fix that. The ony person who has a high command rating his an old man whos leader of the senate. Also i have never had a good manager since Cornilus Scipio who died a long time ago.
    Last edited by Lavastein; October 31, 2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

@lavastein
    thanks for your feedback
    - what vanilla skins ?
    - greeks i will make weaker
    - don't forget that armies outside in the fields cost money
    - generals: do use the career system ? I will look into the traits system

repman

Any way you can change the volume of the warcry/victroy sounds units make since they are so loud I can't hear my General's semi-uplifting though corny speech?

@lordnova
    i like it the way it is, never listen to my general speeches

repman

Have you given any thought to a fantasy mod/scn?, say for instance porting all the LOTR stuff and making a scn for Middle Earth?.

No, there are already nice Fantasy mods out there and i have no time to develop something like that

repman

Quote Originally Posted by repman
    @lavastein
    thanks for your feedback
    - what vanilla skins ?
    - greeks i will make weaker
    - don't forget that armies outside in the fields cost money
    - generals: do use the career system ? I will look into the traits system

repman

i understand the army costs. That i can see. however balancing of units is def in need. cav should be weak in melee but should be ablt to onslaught a group of infantry. and those eles..... i find it unthinkable that an army of well trained Romans are almost no match in close combat to lighter troops. I have witnessed many unimaginable thinks occur such as iberian infantry beating a unit of triarii, this on many occasions. Only after a nudge of others can the triarii place a pounding on the iberians.

if its in the game im using it. a general of mine Quintus Scipio i belive he is has een fighting both the greeks in sicily, carthaginians and has been moved to thrace and took 2 cities for me there. Howeer he has not grown at all. In fact he is one of the worst generals i have but he has a large triumph and has not lost at all. I find that unfair. If hese the worst general i have you can figure just how weak my nation is leader wise.

the skins i am talking about is the types like the mercanary iberian infantry. units like that. I would suggest asking other mods for their skin packs for their other factions and keep the ones in barebones for the romans.

anything i can do to help rep.
    Last edited by Lavastein; November 03, 2006 at 02:29 PM.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Hi repman

Firstly let me say what a great mod you have put together - loving it so far and have only just discovered it. Love the scale and look of the map and the aggressive and challanging battlefield AI, not to mention the beautiful skins. The scripted events and historical notes really add to the depth and immersion of the game.

Hope you don't mind but I am bound to tinker with a few stats (the limit of my modding abilities I'm affraid) for purely personal balancing/game play reasons - i.e. I get whipped to often. Although I am looking forward to a challange as with other mods I generally have no problem with battles even on the harder settings - Oh pride before the fall. I have two questions so far:

1- I noticed that even one unit with no character/general with it still gets the armies in the field penalty. Is this right? I was sure I read somewhere it depended on characters - i.e. if 2 in an army penalty doubled etc. I found the script entry where I can alter the penalty value, which I think I will reduce at least early on, and wondered if a line could be altered or added to let the penalty not apply to 1 or 2 units without a general as the penalty is a pain when trying to move a few units around to reinforce - sorry I know that probably goes against the spirit of it all.

2- When trying to run via BI.exe file it didn't recognise the target with the ending ' -show_err -mod:' you gave although it did work for me using the RTR - Platinum edition mod. Not too bothered mind you I just though it might be worth it if using BI.exe improved the campaign AI - some claim it did for RTR-PE. BI was especially meant to improve AI use of fleet/sea invasion although I suppose the fact that I am using the barebones map (unified) your land bridges address that to a large degree.

Thanks again for all your hard work. Will give U more feedback as I go along.

Ok just a thought.

Are you familiar with Darths mod?, one thing in it i especially like is the death animation for mounted, they fall inside an enemy formation and break it up quite often, ive not been able to see how he has done this mind you, but do find it visually a nice touch, it might be a very simple thing and well worth adding into yours.

I find the caracter carrer path very good in your mod, although i was very used to the on ein TDT 1.92 ands had to unlearn some things, any plans to expand that to all factions?.

Don't know if this is a bug but my girlfriend was playing as the britons on the Mundos_Magnus unified rome map, M/M. She built a Mine in her capitol on the first few turns yet got no mine income at all which really hurt her economy (cosidering the Briton economy is extremely touchy).

Hi all from spain.Mi suggestions:
    1-Reeskin the mercenaries.
    2-total realism provincial reclutment.
    3-Balanced greeks (too strongs).
    4-Included two new factions like bactria,illyrians,mauryans..
    Is my opinion!!! i love this mod Repman,sorry for my bad english.byeee

yes, Britain is a useless faction and adding bactria would be a far better option and illyria would do good in fighting the macedonians and puting pressure on them, not to mention the Brutii will also have to deal with them first.

Hi Repman,
    I like the mod a lot it is simply real good fun. I am only in winter 272 b.c. (playing the Bruti on webbird´s H/H level). I captured Apollonia, Thermon and Dyricc... (weird name, that Greek City north of Apollonia). Great so far, but I think field costs are too high (especially on home territory). The Macedonian armies plus the Thrakians keep invding on and on (but I´m still undefeated). I would appreciate if the AI would also pay field costs. I am having a quite good campaign so far, though nearly bankrupt.
    I´ll keep you informed about my campaign.
    See you
    The Bogeyman
    No, I am not a pacifist--I am a coward.

Oh well I forgot one thing:
    How does the leadershipsystem work?
    Cheers
    No, I am not a pacifist--I am a coward.

@bogeyman
    - playing the brutii is extremely difficult because of economic starvation...enjoy the pain
    - the AI can't handle the field costs
    - leadership works only for julii, not scipii or brutii
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50109

repman

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast