Thread: GUAM v6 - German voice fix

Default GUAM v6 - German voice fix

Hey-ho,

as I installed GUAM v6 over my German version of M2TW I had to recognize that the soldiers of certain factions, namely Scotland, Russia, Poland, Hungary and Denmark, remained silent during battle and on strat map. This was due to certain accents of those factions voice files in the English version of M2TW not being available for the German version.

The solution was quite easy as I figured out that there was a mapping mismatch between the voice files used in the German version of the game and the English ones including certain accents. Then I simply changed the mapping from the voice files of the above mentioned factions to the voice files of the English units, which are definitely available in the German version. To cut it short: Scottish, Russian, Polish, Hungarian and Danish soldiers now sound like the English. Probably not perfect, but it works.

Instructions:

Before taking the steps below, make backup copies of all mentioned files in your retrofit folder! For your own safety...
    Simply copy over the corresponding files in ..\retrofit\data with those in the attached .zip-archive, delete the files events.dat and events.idx in folder ..\retrofit\data\sounds, start the game and go crack some skulls. Ingame o'course!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: GUAM v6 - German voice fix

Hi Seth, thank you for your work and your post.

Foederatus

Cheers!

Does this mean that every soldier of these factions now speak, well, 'english', or does this affect only those added by GUAM?

It means that in the German Version the soldiers of those factions now give audio feedback to your commands, only with the accent of the English soldiers. (which in the German version means: no specific accent)

If you have the English version of M2TW you do not need to install my fix. To my knowledge, in the English version all accents are available, so every ingame unit has a proper voice file connected and therefore gives you audio feedback to your commands.

Foederatus

Well I do own the german language version. It is not easy to buy english games in german shops after all.

Thanks a lot!

The reason for all the missing accents is due to the fact that they do not exist in german vanilla m2tw either I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by adelie penguin View Post
    The reason for all the missing accents is due to the fact that they do not exist in german vanilla m2tw either I suppose?
    You got the point.