Thread: Game crashes at the start of Campaign or Custom Battle

Default Game crashes at the start of Campaign or Custom Battle

I did everything according to steps, disabled the UAC for Win 7, while making a fresh installation on Medieval 2 Total War, with Kingdoms patched to 1.5. I put in the file - descr_character and campaign_script Yet every time i try to start campaign (after selecting faction when the movie should start) or when starting battle, the game instantly crashes displaying - "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." I checked the installation and everything is in there, no virtual files or anything else. Also i tried running a compatibility mode for Win Xp, making another installation, and even putting in empty folders for fixing some kind of menu crash (the ones from second post of the links for Grand Campaign Mod). System LOG: 19:50:13.856 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2 19:50:13.856 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development === 19:50:13.856 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack 19:50:13.856 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack 19:50:13.856 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack 19:50:13.856 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack 19:50:13.856 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack 19:50:13.856 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack 19:50:15.697 [data.missing] [error] mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, port[0](port) -> castle_port[0](c_port) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads) 19:50:16.582 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_mines[0](mines) -> hinterland_castle_mines[0](c_mines) 19:50:32.653 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. Anyone got any advice on how to do this?

Default Re: Game crashes at the start of Campaign or Custom Battle

Sorry about the state of post - no idea how to edit the post (where is the button for that?). I had it all separated, and the website just screw it all up.

OK, i manage to fix this!

The problem was with the .txt file for removing garrison script.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Then I will answer your other question: You cannot edit posts until you have reached the 25 post count. When you've posted for the 25th time, just wait some time (sometimes an hour, sometimes more) and you can't really miss the button

Quote Originally Posted by Balgeron View Post
    OK, i manage to fix this!

The problem was with the .txt file for removing garrison script.
    So what was the problem exactly? I have same problem and I will probably manually delete script...
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

Ok there is the problem: there is 2 files with campaign_script- one works
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...download-links HERE

and other which is about 35 kb in another thread is corrupted and should be deleted by the staff
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ownload-Thread

I think this is it.
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

Don't know what to do now I got random exit to windows, sometimes when I try to start campaign sometimes custom battle. Don't know why...

I had to do a clean installation, and yes. The txt file with Characters is bugged and causes this error. I think it was suppose to fix some movement disapearing when Character joins up with army (its not a big deal really), and i don't have any problem with the game now, it runs perfectly. Also thank you Greymane.

well? Balgeron how do you fix it

how did you fix it?
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

The game crashes on launch and nothing in this post is working.