Thread: Semnone Sachsaz

Default Semnone Sachsaz

when they go berserk and if they're not engadged in melee, they will stand there and throw the javs and that really sucks. since their javs do 20% less damage, and they dont throw it as fast as the skirmshers. and then after like 10seconds or so, they get out of bloodlust if theres no units nearby, and thats a big waste of a unit and 700 denari(most other german units have 2x more men and costing only 1/2 as much.)

dharos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Semnone Sachsaz

that's why i gave them 2 hps

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

or you can just take out their javs ability

Yea, go into export_descr_unit and search for them and take away their throw jav ability.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I've never heard of someone going berserk and throwing a javelin. That's pretty silly. I think I'll edit it out in my MightyMiniMod. Good idea, Lord Cunami.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

yeh, they throw javs, and it kicks the enemy out like a ballista shot, but it dosnt hit more than 1 men.

Just increase splash area to an onangers

Wow hey this gives me an idea about towered elephants...

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I know elephants were supposed to be the tanks of the ancient world, but I don't think we should take that _too_ literally.

RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

4 archer's each elephant, each one shooting onangers. Now that would be fun.

Hmmm... I'll have to take a look at this unit as time permits. Finishing the CTD fixes/updates of the RTRPE v1.8 release take precedence right now though. I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow and will not return until after 14 October.
    Marcus Camillus

How i edit the throw jav ability out now?? German Units are all armed with fking throw javalins and they just stop fighting pull one out there arse and bug around.. How im supposed to fight a fuing legion like that

http://speedy.sh/dmbHw/export-descr-unit.txt I found out and edited so they all have 1ammo exept german velites and archers.. light and heavy cav better off without crappy spears nomore throwing while meelee and taking free hits now thx to myself