Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

Default Re: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.0

well, my ctd's happen in both campagin and battle

and how do u do the prefrences thingy, mind me cause im not really a smart person with computers...

yes you all laugh at me but you will all se that ill learn it evetually!!!!!!!!!!!
    We, your protectors, will stand between the enemy and you. We will take upon ourselves the blows the enemy directs at you. We shall stand our ground until you are away or until our strength utterly fails us. We belong to you, and we will keep you safe or die trying.

when loading the game it sed sound ap. didnt open succsesfully :hmmm: wot could be the prob.

did u do all the cleaning etc?

clean vanilla rome clear out all old mods,
    install 1.3
    then 1.5

then bbw?
    We, your protectors, will stand between the enemy and you. We will take upon ourselves the blows the enemy directs at you. We shall stand our ground until you are away or until our strength utterly fails us. We belong to you, and we will keep you safe or die trying.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

I've already tried with all your solutions,but without positive results!!!!!
    However thanks Repman!!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

@fresco
    1300 downloads and you are the only one not to play ??????
    have you uninstalled older mods maybe something is left from older installations and disturbing the mod
    - BI parallel ?
    - look into registry
    - look for older installation pathes still there ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

now i have an even worse problem lol it wont let me uninstall my rtw, im screwed lol can any1 offer help??

uninstall manually
    - delete installation path
    - delete all in the registry (dangerous): make a copy of the registry file before changing
    command regedit
    search for all rome, ca, activision stuff and delete it

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Now I'm on the right thread. This has something to do with the 4tpy mod. I started an Imperial Campaign playing as the Julii. During the beginning of the SPRING 279 BC turn I saved the game and named it EC_279sp. I quit the game and restarted, loading my saved game. When I did, the title given was Summer 279 BC and not Spring. I also noticed that when I go to the Advisor, I can not activate the 4tpy mod.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks. Straticus.

Hi, joined only to tell you that this is one of the best mods i ever played!! Cool Sky, units, sounds, performance everything!
    God i love INTEGRATION mods!! Here's some feedback to make it better though imo:
    1.Unit description is poor in syntax and language. Me myself ain't an english speaker (i'm from greece) but descriptions certainly need fix. Perhaps an english speaking friend of your mod could assist in this or even me if u point me to the file though i prefer some experienced modder should do this because i know there are scripts/tricks in that file.
    2. Last night played Mundu's Magnus Unified Rome Provincial campaign with greeks as faction- i got quickly sieged my an army of macedon and they had 4 units of levy pikemen one of them with ladders one another with b-ram. They soon breached my gate but after leaving the ram they halted outside my wall for ever and they were getting blasted by tower arrows. Anyway i set game speed to ff and indeed they used the ladder after sometime.BUT after few of them got on my wall suddenly all those still climbing fell on the ground dying instanly!!!!!! NOTICE i have experienced the same with the latest darth mod 8.1 final. I wonder why nobody else has not experienced the same till now. Also notice that in custom battle this may or may not happen - probably the siege formations or/and lt's new forts have something to do with this.
    3. Is the bi folder really needed for bb 8 to work properly even if i didn't installed it on a rtw/bi installation - can i delete it safely??
    4. After the installation of the mod using search i still found some 0-byte map.rwm files though i used the script to delete them oh and one ~457-k map.rwm file in sons of mars campaign - should i delete them all -are they supposed to stay there (now i started the campaign there are several new map.rwm files - should i reinstall?).
    5. U should integrate the triarii and other pikemen alt-weapon mod u know the one with which when u alt click-attack units change to gladius and so on - gives GREAT strategic options in battles between phalanxes-spearmen as in darthmod!
    6.Notice'd u modded the music also : I have myself last night finished a beta integration music-mod using rtr's music addon 6.2 + plus cc's light one plus few added mine plus lt's spqr ones plus yours 2 music files (love ben hur!). Of course credit's go to them who assembled those godly tracks and made me a litle capable music modder. It's both in raw format (mp3) and idx format using an appropriate descr_sounds_music txt file. So if i delete the events.dat file of your mod so i can use it in idx format (music.idx, music.dat) will it cripple your awesome battle sounds?? It's use in raw - mp3 format works as destined (by simply copying them to your data/sounds/music folder and overwriting the txt) file but to use it as an idx format i must delete your events file plus it doesn't work with the bi.exe...
    By the way if anyone knows how to edit the event's file like darth did to use cc light music mod with bi and rtw exes please tell me how because then i can finish my mod with an installer and offer it for downloading and although its large (600 mb) its worth having it because u won't believe how rtw changes with awesome mods like this and great music! Simply put i cannot play any mod without my music mod...
    Until now i use a batch file to use my mod when playing rtw only mods which switches to cc's one (by backing up - moving renaming files etc) when u want to use the bi.exe (and darths events.dat file) and i know the damn events.dat file is responsible for this oohhh great muse of modders help me in this so i can offer u my mod if you want it.
    That all ! and thank's again for your efforts!
    There can be no peace while the Emperor's enemies still draw breath

Somebody(repman)@:
    What do i do?? my TRIARII UNITS get stuck up one place after fighting against the elephants(consequently being victorious).Then they show an expression as if they are still fighing.They become inaccessible to every place after that.

Otherwise, the game is great.MAGNEFICIO!!!
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

[Somebody(repman)@:
    What do i do?? my TRIARII UNITS get stuck up one place after fighting against the elephants(consequently being victorious).Then they show an expression as if they are still fighing.They become inaccessible to every place after that.]

I get this kind of thing also back in SPQR mod. like one of the soldiers suddenly becomes apart from the group and gets stuck! u can throw marching ur unit back to him and click anywhere close to that stucked guy till he gets freed.

@straticus
    strange,...you click on a city ..the advisor pops up and you can't activate ?

@imperceptor
    - english: all volonteers disappeared... so stands up ?
    -normal siege bug
    - yes bi folder is needed
    - use the batch file to delete, after starting a campaign the map files are generated
    - ccc works fine with my mod

@romanus
    - random bug

repman

repman,

Yes. So I deleted that saved game, thinking it was somehow corupted and began a new one. So far, it hasn't happened again. Had a CTD in the AUTUMN of 278BC on the Strategic map, as I was moving my Julii Diplomat from Sparta northeastwards. I'll restart again from my last saved game and see what happens.

Thanks.

Hello i noticed i had the same problem with one of the guys about trying to look inside a town or city.. u know.. the city view.. everytime i try to click on it so i can see my "column" of victory.. i get ctd.. i wonder why..

@straticus
    which campaign map : imperial campaign?
    Imperial Campaign is not strictly tested, so better use the provincial campaigns

repman

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Hello repman...

Error while loading data/models_unit/textures/kylemac.tga.. I guess it's the thracian "greek argyraspid2" which I want to use it from the macedon.

For the campaign I've copied both .tga files to macedon folder and I've modified the export_descr_unit and export_descr_building, so they are recruitable.

But I've make a custom battle 1 unit of greek "argyraspid2" vs another and it crashes!

@ignasigh
    thanks for the hint

repman

But it works with Thracian...it's hardcoded somehow? Other models works fine!

Quote Originally Posted by repman
    @ignasigh
    thanks for the hint

repman
    repman, is any "fast" way which I can do myself that it can work?

@ignasigh
    I think i have not understand the problem. Is the crash happening in standard BBW or have you modded my mod ?

repman

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast